What will sorcery look like? 06/15/2015 08:51 AM CDT
Is there any info on what WM sorcery will look like? I've heard that black fire might not make it the WM magic system. Would like to know what the theme of WM sorcery might be.

__
"Technically correct" is the worst kind of correct.
Re: What will sorcery look like? 06/15/2015 09:56 AM CDT
Blackfire was said to not be likely to be included in WM sorcery because there was no good solution for it - any blackfire would be either overpowered from a mechanics point of view or underpowered compared to what blackfire should be and thus too watered down compardd to the lore of it.

Hylomorphic sorcery is slated to be the WM sorcery and while we don't know much about it, I believe it was said to be the merging of elements in an unnatural way (Liquid Fire, etc) by making the elements and planes do things they shouldn't.

- Starlear, Warrior Mage and Lieutenant of Ilithi's Crystal Vanguard -
Re: What will sorcery look like? 06/15/2015 10:13 AM CDT
There's been some hints / easter eggs in the Warrior Mage systems I've built that hint at what Hylomorphic Sorcery's cornerstone is going to be. In a very pro-sorcery completely-blind-to-hilarous-consequences sort of way.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Calvino Italo
Re: What will sorcery look like? 06/15/2015 01:07 PM CDT
I can't wait until I code up Hylomorphic Corruption.

It's going to be awesome.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: What will sorcery look like? 06/15/2015 02:46 PM CDT
Would the Void Spell be considered Hylomorphic Sorcery?

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: What will sorcery look like? 06/15/2015 03:05 PM CDT
Void Spell is probably an Aether Manipulation ritual from Hell. But it might be sorcery, I donno and never had the need to define it.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Calvino Italo
Re: What will sorcery look like? 06/15/2015 03:29 PM CDT
I'd agree some kind of Aether hylomorphic sorcery - they honestly probably didn't even know what they were doing... It even know of aether back then. Could've been a mystery elelment too.

And I'm all for a visible cloud of screaming doom following us around as a big finger pointing at as for jacking with physics, after we're grotesquely turned inside out of course.

Re: What will sorcery look like? 06/15/2015 06:46 PM CDT
Seeing as how summoning weapons involves punching a hole in the plane of abiding, shoving our arms in and going "Oh look, a weapon", I'm pretty sure we still don't know what we're doing.
Re: What will sorcery look like? 06/22/2015 10:59 PM CDT
>>There's been some hints / easter eggs in the Warrior Mage systems I've built that hint at what Hylomorphic Sorcery's cornerstone is going to be. In a very pro-sorcery completely-blind-to-hilarous-consequences sort of way.

Warrior Mage sorceries have a "Draconic Outrage" tracker on them for the corruption of the domain they've caused. Sufficient Outrage causes a Dragon to descend onto them from above and eat them up. Yum.
Re: What will sorcery look like? 06/23/2015 03:11 AM CDT
But it's not taught by the guild 'necessarily' ::laughs evil::