Chilblains 05/31/2015 02:58 AM CDT
Frostbite meta.

Allows Frostbite to cause damage to the extremities (i.e. hands/arms/legs) on a successful cast.

Thayet
Follow @thayelf on Twitter for absolutely nothing of any value whatsoever!
Re: Chilblains 05/31/2015 07:38 AM CDT

Would rather frostbite lead to weapons/armor approaching their brittle fracture point. Dunno if the game allows for debuffs on opponents gear, but reduced efficiency would be sweet (since destroying gear would never happen).

Or the return of spell combos.
Re: Chilblains 05/31/2015 08:09 AM CDT
>Would rather frostbite lead to weapons/armor approaching their brittle fracture point. Dunno if the game allows for debuffs on opponents gear, but reduced efficiency would be sweet (since destroying gear would never happen).

Clerics have Curse of Zidlybloop, whatever it is, which effectively makes plate into tissue paper, 2he axes into toothpicks, and men into sniveling babies (it makes the women into rakash, for some reason).

In general, I think malediction is better, but I'm sure a real cleric will correct me. Especially one who does PvP; I liked malediction because it was more universal.
Re: Chilblains 05/31/2015 08:21 AM CDT
>>Would rather frostbite lead to weapons/armor approaching their brittle fracture point. Dunno if the game allows for debuffs on opponents gear, but reduced efficiency would be sweet (since destroying gear would never happen).

I think a way it could work mechanically is for it to work kind of like naphtha. Every pulse/strike it would damage the weapon/armor making it less and less useful till it was at 0%. The only downside to it working like this is it would take some time/multiple casts to get the most out of it instead of it being an instant debuff.
Re: Chilblains 05/31/2015 10:07 AM CDT
>> Dunno if the game allows for debuffs on opponents gear, but reduced efficiency would be sweet

Pretty sure this ia what the cleric spell CoZ does/did, so it should be possible.

I

"Q: This is stupid. / Work on something we actually need changed! / Why aren't you working on something I want you to work on?
"A: Kindly shut up." ~ GM Naohhi
Re: Chilblains 05/31/2015 03:16 PM CDT
The idea is that limb wounds provide a pretty tremendous penalty to stealth, which has been a routine complaint of warrior mages.

But sure, brittle armor instead, yeah.

Thayet
Re: Chilblains 06/01/2015 12:35 PM CDT
I always thought it would be cool and fit the messaging for frostbite to inflict nerve scarring.

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.
Re: Chilblains 06/01/2015 03:59 PM CDT

Didnt it used to? I could be wrong.
Re: Chilblains 06/01/2015 04:23 PM CDT
It used to cause external skin wounds, IIRC.

Nerve damage would also be a nice addition, absolutely.

Thayet
Re: Chilblains 06/01/2015 04:51 PM CDT
it also used to be targetable and turn limbs and stuff into blocks of ice...

RM + Frostbite = Icicle rain?

Re: Chilblains 06/01/2015 10:16 PM CDT
And ES was necessary for the caster and friends or they would feel spell as well.

-Dartellum Waddle