Summon Teasers 03/12/2015 12:13 AM CDT
Coming soon* to an Elanthia near you!

>summon XXX
Utilizing your connection to the elements, you call out with your will and summon a XXX.
Roundtime: 4 sec.
>turn XXX
You reach out with your will and reshape your XXX into a XXX.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
>shape XXX to XXX
You reach out with your will and replace your XXX with one made of XXX.
Roundtime: 2 sec.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
*Trying my hardest for this not to be Simu-Soon (TM)
Re: Summon Teasers 03/12/2015 12:24 AM CDT
Swoon.

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.
Re: Summon Teasers 03/12/2015 12:41 AM CDT
I'm going to call elemental weapons.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Summon Teasers 03/12/2015 01:59 AM CDT
Can I hug you?

hug? hug? hug? /Dr. Evil
Re: Summon Teasers 03/12/2015 06:50 AM CDT
Javac has been working hard on this release and I'm pretty happy with how it has shaken out.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Calvino Italo
Re: Summon Teasers 03/12/2015 08:34 AM CDT
I cannot wait for whatever this is.

- Starlear, Warrior Mage and Lieutenant of Ilithi's Crystal Vanguard -
Re: Summon Teasers 03/12/2015 08:51 AM CDT
>>I cannot wait for whatever this is.

Mazrian
Re: Summon Teasers 03/12/2015 09:02 AM CDT
>I cannot wait for whatever this is.

>Mazrian

We're going to be able to summon Mazrian?
Re: Summon Teasers 03/12/2015 09:59 AM CDT
I don't even have a WM and I'm excited for this.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Summon Teasers 03/12/2015 10:25 AM CDT
Awesome! Fighting 'familiars,' or elements, coming soon? The teaser is, well, a tease.
(Goes back to summoning training)

-Dartellum Waddle
Re: Summon Teasers 03/12/2015 11:18 AM CDT
Screaming temporal Dewm?

Re: Summon Teasers 03/12/2015 01:04 PM CDT

I lool forward to Powerhaus somehow breaking the game with this.

Re: Summon Teasers 03/12/2015 04:43 PM CDT
This sounds awesome. A change is always fun. This is exciting. Folks have been waiting a long time for this kinda thing.
Re: Summon Teasers 03/18/2015 11:11 AM CDT
Just to leak a few details more details...
- This ability will be usable from level 1.
- It is hopefully useful at all levels.
- It is modified by six one-slot metaspells, one in each book.
- It has a big benefit that scales quickly based on ranks in Summoning.
- It has a minor benefit that scales slowly based on ranks in Summoning.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Summon Teasers 03/18/2015 11:40 AM CDT
Guildleader-taught metaspells or scroll metaspells ala Flame Shockwave? Cosmetic or functional or both?

I don't even know what this is but more things that allow for roleplaying an affinity for particular elements beyond just spell choices, and summoning being useful in a direct way sounds awesome.

Re: Summon Teasers 03/18/2015 11:57 AM CDT
>Guildleader-taught metaspells or scroll metaspells

Guildleader-taught.

>Cosmetic or functional or both?

Both? Mostly functional, IMO.

Javac
That one guy

Re: Summon Teasers 03/18/2015 12:02 PM CDT

Will it involve familiars?

Will it replace ignite?

Am I going to to want to reroll a warrior mage as a result?
Re: Summon Teasers 03/18/2015 12:06 PM CDT

How deep in each tree will these metaspells be?
Re: Summon Teasers 03/18/2015 01:33 PM CDT
>Will it involve familiars?

No.

>Will it replace ignite?

No.

>Am I going to to want to reroll a warrior mage as a result?

Hopefully.

>How deep in each tree will these metaspells be?

Each metaspell will require Elementalism.

Javac
That one guy

Re: Summon Teasers 03/18/2015 06:08 PM CDT
The additional teaser fortifies my bet that this is an elemental weapon summon. I.e. Frost Scythe and Fist of Stone's new incarnation.

Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Summon Teasers 03/18/2015 09:05 PM CDT
Oh, and the result of the summoned weapon survey they did several months back was they decided to go with the option of a more powerful weapon at the cost of requiring spell slots to unlock the upgrades as opposed to a less powerful weapon that only used summoning skill.

Re: Summon Teasers 03/18/2015 11:15 PM CDT
>> - This ability will be usable from level 1.

>> >> How deep in each tree will these metaspells be?

>> Each metaspell will require Elementalism.

Unless I am mistaken, Elementalism requires level 8. So I am not sure how it's usable from level 1. But since you haven't given all the details, I am sure it will all make sense.
Re: Summon Teasers 03/18/2015 11:17 PM CDT
>> The additional teaser fortifies my bet that this is an elemental weapon summon. I.e. Frost Scythe and Fist of Stone's new incarnation.

Oh please, oh please, oh please let me summon an elemental-based quarterstaff and / or brawling weapons.
Re: Summon Teasers 03/19/2015 12:21 AM CDT
The metaspells require elementalism. You could use it without a metaspell from level 1 though it sounds like.

Re: Summon Teasers 03/19/2015 01:32 AM CDT
I have a nooblish wm that I've been putting off playing. This makes me want to dust him off the more I think about it.

Re: Summon Teasers 03/19/2015 09:03 AM CDT
>>The metaspells require elementalism. You could use it without a metaspell from level 1 though it sounds like.

This. You can use the ability at 1st circle and then start upgrading it starting at 8th circle with the cost of a spell slot (guess on the slots) per upgrade. And in case you aren't sure what metaspells are, metaspell = upgrade to a spell/ability.
Re: Summon Teasers 03/19/2015 12:20 PM CDT
>The metaspells require elementalism. You could use it without a metaspell from level 1 though it sounds like.

This is correct. The base ability will do something at level 1. The metaspells will modify the base ability, and can be acquired as early as 8th circle.

>(guess on the slots)

They are one slot each, yes.

Javac
That one guy

Re: Summon Teasers 03/20/2015 01:15 AM CDT
>The metaspells require elementalism. You could use it without a metaspell from level 1 though it sounds like.

This is correct. The base ability will do something at level 1. The metaspells will modify the base ability, and can be acquired as early as 8th circle.

Ah, thank you both.

__
"Technically correct" is the worst kind of correct.
Re: Summon Teasers 03/22/2015 06:00 PM CDT
>I'm going to call elemental weapons.

Oh look... You were right.

Javac
That one guy

Re: Summon Teasers 04/01/2015 12:15 PM CDT
Tiny bit of thread necro, but I have a suggestion that fits in and it seemed prudent to reuse this thread.

How about an additional effect of Quick Infusions allowing you to hover your summoned weapons in a cushion of air for a short period of time, either held aloft in front of the War Mage or preventing it from fully touching the ground. This would allow the War Mage to temporarily 'drop' their weapon without it being picked up by another and without it breaking apart. This would be a thematic effect with an associated cost and would have no real combat benefit so I didn't think it would be too costly.

I'd also be more than happy to accept a longer duration on the ground or in containers before breaking, or perhaps it could still be considered in contact with the 'lower ground' mechanics? I only ask this because there are times I have to free up my hands but I'd really love to keep my weapon and it seems silly (both thematically and logically) to break one and create a new one a few seconds later.

Pretty please?

"Give a man fire and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett
"You're Michael Jackson's hair and I'm a Pepsi commercial!" Bucky from Get Fuzzy
Re: Summon Teasers 04/01/2015 01:32 PM CDT
>it seems silly (both thematically and logically) to break one and create a new one a few seconds later.

30 seconds is much more than a few seconds. DROP will specifically get rid of your weapon quickly, but if you stow/sheath it or just lower it to the ground it will last the full thirty seconds. Thirty seconds is more than enough to recover a weapon that you threw, or do some quick stuff in combat.

If you can give me an example of what you're doing in combat that requires both hands for more than thirty seconds, I'd consider increasing it. But the last time someone brought it up, they were talking about picking boxes during lulls in combat, and that just doesn't qualify, in my opinion.

Javac
That one guy

Re: Summon Teasers 04/01/2015 03:37 PM CDT
>it seems silly (both thematically and logically) to break one and create a new one a few seconds later.

Really? I think it seems cool. You're creating and dissipating a weapon at will because you can war magic is flashy because explosions. Now if you are juggling out an ingot again that is less cool.

It'd be cooler if you could forge that ingot into some kind of wearable talisman and not bother with something as un-cool as a bar of metal.

Hey has anyone tried sheathing one of these in a sigilated ring yet?

Re: Summon Teasers 04/01/2015 04:09 PM CDT
I have a ring and can try when I return 'home' from work. Traveling right now.

-Dartellum Waddle
Re: Summon Teasers 04/01/2015 04:39 PM CDT
>>Hey has anyone tried sheathing one of these in a sigilated ring yet?

I asked a WM in Plat to try that, and it just poofed while in the ring.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Summon Teasers 04/01/2015 05:16 PM CDT
same with the ring, it's flashiness on our end, a container with a weight reduction in the code.

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: Summon Teasers 04/01/2015 05:20 PM CDT
>Hey has anyone tried sheathing one of these in a sigilated ring yet?

That was when first released Uz asked me to try (he breaks tuff). Prior to the duration being lengthened before disappeared it got sucked into the ring then prob 5 seconds later the weapon melted before it could be brogut back out.

NOW: Im not sure what the timer is on the rings. 30 seconds maybe?
sum weap fire
s>
Closing your eyes, you grunt briefly in effort as you sense a small fiery ethereal fissure open in front of you. Thrusting your hand through, you draw out a fiery hara. As you open your eyes, the fissure closes.
Roundtime: 1 sec.

sR> tou plat ring

You touch your platinum ring and the fiery hara in your right hand suddenly vanishes with a loud POP!
s> tou plat ring
The magical energy within your platinum ring has yet to replenish since the last time it was evoked.
s> tou plat ring
The magical energy within your platinum ring has yet to replenish since the last time it was evoked.
s> tou plat ring
s> tou plat ring

You touch your platinum ring and there is faint rushing sound. POP A fiery hara suddenly appears in your grasp out of thin air!

After about 60 seconds
You touch your platinum ring and the fiery hara in your right hand suddenly vanishes with a loud POP!
s>
Black smoke drifts out of your platinum ring.
s> tou plat ring
You touch your platinum ring and sharp gusts of wind suddenly swirl around you, stirring up roiling clouds of dust.

[20:11] Chatter[Arathael] Usually only get skill when it's successful.
[20:13] Chatter[Morpion] Thats why Arathael has 0.00 ranks in Getting Girls
[20:14] Chatter[Arathael] =(