On Spell Synergies 01/05/2015 11:59 AM CST
Armifer in a post on the Necro boards:

>It use to be a rather large thing for Warrior Mages, but we stripped it away because we were either going to charge people for contingent effects or giving them extra spell powers "for free."

I really liked the idea of spell synergies but I also see how theg wouldn't fit the current design paradigm jn the form they previously existed in.

What are the chances of them making a return ever in some form with an appropriate usage cost? Something like the following:

Spell synergy requires you to be aligned to specific elements to happen and in addition to costing mana for both spells, consumes a chunk of elemental charge. Maybe require you to create a domain to allow them, or in the future, assuming we end up with more elemental transformations (I have a lot of ideas for these as well - I am sad Bards have more of them), be something that unlocks additional effects for other spells as a bonus for being in that elemental form. Maybe all of the above, with more powerful stuff requiring more preparation.

Example of functionality I have in mind:

I cast an Earth domain while aligned to Fire and in Mantle of Flame. Then I cast Fire Rain. While Fire Rain is going, I cast Tremor. Tremor shoots out gouts of flame from the ground when it pulses, dealing a small amount of damage. When targets are knocked down by Tremor, they do that hacking and coughing thing you do on the NTR by fire sprites and get a small RT and neck damage. While this happens, a pulse from either spell saps Elemental Charge.

Anything that gives Summoning more stuff to do would be cool.

- Starlear, Warrior Mage and Lieutenant of Ilithi's Crystal Vanguard -

- I maintain the Warrior Mage Beginner's Guide at:

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Beginner%27s_Warrior_Mage_Guide
Re: On Spell Synergies 01/06/2015 08:07 AM CST

There are a lot of great possibilities, though I think it's important to get away from the idea of 'if you cast the spells in this sequence, you maximize dps'. To that end, I feel like it'd be really neat if there was a spell or metaspell that added the some flavor of the last cast element to your next spell, similar to what you laid out. Casting a fire spell and then Stone Strike adds fire damage to the stones. Etc.

Sounds like it'd be a lot of writing.