Flashpoint 07/19/2007 01:21 AM CDT
I recently came back from a long sleep and start'd get'n back into the swing of thangs. Upon dust'n off my nogg'n and aclimat'n myself to my skill, I obtain'd a cursed gem from a fail'd box trap. O M G. Flashbacks! I remember /prepare cantrip burning touch! but to my avail, the gem was not a flamable object. Then I discovered Flashpoint! This great utility cantrip that could do what I wish'd for! Free Free Free at Last! Great Thanks and Kudos for making this possible!

Now only if Wet people from swimming or via Cantrip Water Globe would interact with fire or electricity spells! =)

--Zenitar
Re: Flashpoint 07/19/2007 11:18 AM CDT
Yeah, isn't Flashpoint great?? There does seem to be somewhat of an anomoly, and it might have been a one time thing, but a friend of mine once had a cursed sapphire in her hand that caused the Flashpoint matrix to unravel when she tried to cast on the gem. Weird. Otherwise, yes, go Flashpoint!

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.
Re: Flashpoint 07/19/2007 12:09 PM CDT
Flashpoint is not supposed to poof cursed items, I've been told.

But I personally consider the tradeoff (item loss) worth it.
Re: Flashpoint 07/19/2007 12:53 PM CDT
I used flashpoint on what was apparently a cursed gem pouch a few days ago.

Now that I think about it, it may have been Zenitar's.

You can also flashpoint cursed weapons from cinderbeasts if you get those stuck on you by accident.

a black panther comes flying into view! it hits the ground, bouncing once before sliding to a stop.
A black panther is stunned!
Re: Flashpoint 07/19/2007 07:50 PM CDT
I didn't realize flashpoint had that capability. I had to have a fellow WM tingle the items out of my hands a few days ago.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Flashpoint 07/19/2007 07:52 PM CDT
> a friend of mine once had a cursed sapphire in her hand that caused the Flashpoint matrix to unravel when she tried to cast on the gem.

I believe that Flashpoint has a value limit on it to keep you from Flashpointing people's valuables.

Although that might not make sense next to Jhime's destruction of a cursed gem pouch.

-Durnil
Re: Flashpoint 07/19/2007 08:37 PM CDT
>I believe that Flashpoint has a value limit on it to keep you from Flashpointing people's valuables.

Nor would it stop someone from destroying forged weapons/armor, even special metal stuff, I bet.

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.
Re: Flashpoint 07/22/2007 11:07 AM CDT
>Although that might not make sense next to Jhime's destruction of a cursed gem pouch.

It likely looks at an item's actual appraisal value. Therefore, a gem pouch would be under the limit (even though it was possibly holding many plats worth of gems).

Fuquois