I just wanna say... 02/22/2005 01:14 PM CST
Thank you for feeding my addiction.

and just when i thought it was over, and i was losing hope. I hear Mark of Arhat.

now the addiction has doubled. For that i wish i could hug you.

and fire rain, i could kiss you for that. (now if only i had 400 magical devices... winces)

We complain alot, i do, others do. Yesterday i argued with several people on the subject of "we pay good money we should get good service"

You know i kind of snapped, and kind of yelled at one guy say we don't really pay that much for what we have, and you guys work as hard as you can. And you deserve slack, because this isn't your whole lives. And i thank you for donating your programing knowlage and deep cups of patience to help us alone in our prospects in this game of games.

"A single spark is not a fire. Though a single spark can start the flames." ~Ecodom (Myself)
Re: I just wanna say... 02/22/2005 01:56 PM CST
since your so addicted to this spell, please reiterate what it actual does. i havtn been able to find the original proposal post.
Re: I just wanna say... 02/22/2005 03:30 PM CST
From the Original Spell Description (many years ago):

Mark of Arhat [moa]

Requires Pillar of Fire (doubtful) Perfected by the Fire Mage during his battles for Lanival, This targetted spell marks the target with an arcane sigil that begins to burn on contact. This mark draws upon the caster's held mana to inflict increasing amounts of damage upon the opponent.

so there ye go

Rehlyn

A hulking black barghest's hind leg twitches in its sleep.
A giant skeletal claw rises rapidly from the mire, lurching outward to grasp at you! You dodge lithely aside!
Re: I just wanna say... 02/22/2005 03:33 PM CST
Dunno...sounds like a weird spell.

I hope they don't make it require fire rain. I'm a fire mage at heart but I don't wanta waste a spellslot on something that'll get pulled from me as soon as someone walks into my room and dies from it.

I was born once as a dying races last resort, I was strong.
I was born again as a weapon against friends, I was stronger.
I am now born from the dying wishes of my loved ones, and I'm pissed.

Re: I just wanna say... 02/22/2005 03:39 PM CST
<<I hope they don't make it require fire rain. I'm a fire mage at heart but I don't wanta waste a spellslot on something that'll get pulled from me as soon as someone walks into my room and dies from it.

Where do people come up with this stuff?
Re: I just wanna say... 02/22/2005 04:43 PM CST
heh, I was scratching my head thinking the same thing.

Fire Rain is NOT a wasted spellslot. ever.

If someone ignores the warning from Fire Rain that hits all adjacent rooms, and walks into your room, they still have a huge chance of walking right through without even getting hit. If they decide to stay and watch they put thier own lives in thier hands, if the cloud is shaped they wont even get hit then. As for 'Getting Pulled" I have no clue how to respond to that since it doesnt make much sense.

Rehlyn

A giant skeletal claw rises rapidly from the mire, lurching outward to grasp at you! You dodge lithely aside!
Re: I just wanna say... 02/22/2005 04:46 PM CST
<<As for 'Getting Pulled" I have no clue how to respond to that since it doesnt make much sense.>>

By somehow making the correlation to snipe being taken away for repeated abuse is my guess.. though that's a huge leap and not the case.

Beliel
Re: I just wanna say... 02/22/2005 06:22 PM CST
<<I hope they don't make it require fire rain. I'm a fire mage at heart but I don't wanta waste a spellslot on something that'll get pulled from me as soon as someone walks into my room and dies from it.

Never used fire rain, I take it?

This is a slow acting spell which you can shape. Yes, even shaped, you could lose control of the cloud for two pulses before getting control of it again. I have yet to hear of any unplanned deaths with this spell to people walking through a hunting area.

Tis why it is my spell of choice.

Trebber
Re: I just wanna say... 02/22/2005 07:14 PM CST
>>This is a slow acting spell which you can shape. Yes, even shaped, you could lose control of the cloud for two pulses before getting control of it again. I have yet to hear of any unplanned deaths with this spell to people walking through a hunting area.

Isn't it also a spell that is blocked or reduced by shields?

~Kyn (Kynevon)

Info Page http://kynevon.info
Mac OS X FE http://tinyurl.com/4btcl
Amagaim's What to Hunt Chart
Excel format: http://tinyurl.com/44jlt
HTML format: http://tinyurl.com/6tpls
Re: I just wanna say... 02/22/2005 10:46 PM CST
Ah then sorry for the mistake. I haven't messed with Fire Rain since the magic system replacement. I remember just how there was a rule that if you killed 3 people with it you had the spell deleted without a slot givin back. Never saw the cloud stuff back then either.

Re: I just wanna say... 02/23/2005 03:36 AM CST
<<I remember just how there was a rule that if you killed 3 people with it you had the spell deleted without a slot givin back>>

This has never been true, ever. Again, i have no clue where you got this idea from.

Rehlyn

Re: I just wanna say... 02/23/2005 08:22 AM CST
The old policy twist with fire rain that you couldn't use it in PVP because it wsa so powerful supposedly? You where able to read up in the news war mage about it?