Changes to Arc Light 11/09/2004 04:33 PM CST
Today I found myself doing something I truly never expected to do -- casting arc light while hunting more or less at level. It was more effective on celpeze than a vertigo of the same prep and I am very pleased with it. Thank you!

Gizella
Re: Changes to Arc Light 11/11/2004 06:35 PM CST
<<Today I found myself doing something I truly never expected to do -- casting arc light while hunting more or less at level. It was more effective on celpeze than a vertigo of the same prep and I am very pleased with it. Thank you!>>

I'm glad you like it! I hope everyone enjoys the other stuff in store for the other spells just as much :).

~V

<--- Warrior Mage Haiku --->
My pants are aflame
I did not learn water spells
so now I must ARGGHHHH

http://www.livejournal.com/users/valdrik/

http://www.naebunny.com/TopFrameSet.htm
Re: Changes to Arc Light 11/11/2004 07:34 PM CST
The changes to arc light caught me completly by surprise. The spell disruption is not consistant/mana efficient enough for me to consider using the spell as any sort of preventative measure, and I've otherwise outgrown it's period of usefulness; nevertheless I think it was very creative and I thoroughly approve.

'Banana' comes from the Latin 'Banana', meaning 'Help! My dog is creating a disturbance!'.
- Radio Free Vestibules, Some Things You Probably Didn't Know About Bananas
Re: Changes to Arc Light 11/11/2004 08:23 PM CST
Eh? At 10 mana I basicly can't fail to disrupt a spell, even against someone who in all other respects is over my head.

Mazrian
Re: Changes to Arc Light 11/11/2004 08:45 PM CST
How does it work against critters that are preparing spells, I tried it a few times last night at 20 mana four times, and 25 mana twice, no dice. Was I just unlucky or did I need to cast it even higher? I tried that against an atik and a lang swamp troll.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Changes to Arc Light 11/11/2004 08:45 PM CST
Interesting. Is that at melee? I remember when the changes first happened, being able to relatively consistantly pull off a missile-range disruption with about 25 mana, but then it stopped working so I stopped testing it.

'Banana' comes from the Latin 'Banana', meaning 'Help! My dog is creating a disturbance!'.
- Radio Free Vestibules, Some Things You Probably Didn't Know About Bananas
Re: Changes to Arc Light 11/11/2004 08:47 PM CST
Yes it was at melee range, and only one of those creatures at melee.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the realms-
Re: Changes to Arc Light 11/11/2004 10:13 PM CST
>The changes to arc light caught me completly by surprise. The spell disruption is not consistant/mana efficient enough for me to consider using the spell as any sort of preventative measure, and I've otherwise outgrown it's period of usefulness; nevertheless I think it was very creative and I thoroughly approve.

Damn. You hit the nail on the head. I agree completely.

Caught me by surprise. Too mana poor to use often considering the death I can deal with same mana using other spells. Still, pretty creative and fun change. I enjoy it and will continue to use it sparsely.

Yeah, you nailed it.

Player of Tessaa
Re: Changes to Arc Light 11/12/2004 06:09 AM CST
Tessaa,

What results did you experience, exactly? My experience has been pretty consistent that from melee or pole range, 10 mana always disrupts and I only need to prep long enough to not fail.

Mazrian