Prev_page Previous 1
Rottcloar 04/11/2002 11:02 AM CDT
Thank you for all your enthusiasm and especially for keeping us all posted on the boards. You're doing a wonderful job.

Cheers.
Re: Rottcloar 04/11/2002 02:14 PM CDT
I have to second that. I am so relieved that you are working on our familiars now. I really had stopped caring about them or looking forward to any 'improvements' until you came on board.

You're my new best friend! <g>
Re: Rottcloar 04/11/2002 10:00 PM CDT
Heehee. It's too bad Rotty only reads familiar boards. But I agree he is doin great.

-Ranik
Thanks Rottcloar 05/30/2002 05:17 AM CDT
I just wanted to add my thanks to Rottcloar for his help with our guild, even though he has that pin that says I'd rather be killing you with Velvers and wouldn't bring me one to play with...mutters, anyway thanks Rottcloar!, your a great GM and I hope you enjoy working with our guild.

Sincerly Beliel
Re: Thanks Rottcloar 06/15/2002 09:59 AM CDT
I have all the posts by Rottcloar on the familiar boards and I think what he is doing is absolutely wonderful. Three beers for Rottcloar! (beers much better than cheers)
Rottcloar 02/03/2003 05:38 PM CST
I gotta thank him for being one of the more humble GMs. He actually comes to us and asks for help and ideas, and I rarely see the word "HELP" come from any GM's text when refuring to players.

Just thought I'd add my thanks to the many others.

Jason
Re: Rottcloar 02/03/2003 06:23 PM CST
Amen.

Rottcloar = super-duper magical animal herder.
Re: Rottcloar 02/04/2003 06:17 AM CST
Rottcloar always has been, and continue to be one of my most favorite GM's ever. He's good at what he does, he's resourceful, humble, quick witted, and quite funny to boot. The perfect blend for a good GM, and he deserves any and all praise that can possibly be thrown at him.

Mellamo Plainwalker
Elder Warrior Mage

"Catapultum habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
Translation: I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.
Re: Rottcloar 02/04/2003 07:57 AM CST
rotty deserves praise for many things but most of all for being one of the very few gms that thinks of the *fun factor* as well as the game mechanics. he still remembers what its like to be a player which unfortunately many forget once they get thrown into the world of numbers and balance issues. over the years people have always loved gms that take 5 min out of their busy day to come down and say hi!!!!!!
Re: Rottcloar 02/27/2003 08:39 AM CST
* Your post here *

No... my post is down here. I just wanted to say THANK YOU to Oh No! Rottcloar. Always been one of my favorite GMs. As in previous posts he always communicates with the players and tries to make things fun. Keep up the good work! I'm anxious to see what else your genious mind has cooked up.
Re: Rottcloar 02/28/2003 09:48 AM CST
I always loved my Familiars, they were always a part of my character's life, now it just keeps getting more fun! Thanks Rottcloar.

~Ally and the player thereof, actually looking forward to getting stunned. heh.
Re: Rottcloar 02/28/2003 10:05 AM CST
Yeah, Rottie is the best! Thanks for the tiger familiar in advance. Oh, and a lion for Ally. They'll have no problem dragging us!

<hums>
Jaqueni
Re: Rottcloar 02/28/2003 10:16 AM CST
My thanks to Rottcloar aswell. Can't wait till I can get one myself. Also I want a monkey familiar with a barbarian slapping ability.
Re: Rottcloar 02/28/2003 06:04 PM CST
Oh yeah! Too cool!

[You're battered, very badly balanced with opponent overwhelming you.]
Your spotted leopard grabs ahold of you and drags you northeast, out of combat.

<howls>
I didn't even do it on purpose!

<smooooches Rottcloar>
Re: Rottcloar 03/02/2003 08:35 AM CST
An Adan'f spirit dancer begins to advance on Gurt.
* Moving with powerful grace, an Adan'f shadow mage claws at you. You attempt to dodge, failing miserably. The claw lands a good strike that scratches the right bicep (But another battle scar for your collection!) as you falter slightly.
[You're badly hurt, extremely imbalanced with opponent overwhelming you.]

>Your russet panther grabs ahold of you and drags you southeast, out of combat.

I didn't do it on purpose either!!!

But It was AWESOME and for sure saved my life in a deadly swarm.

Thanks!

Ally
Re: Rottcloar 03/04/2003 11:52 AM CST
>>Your russet panther grabs ahold of you and drags you southeast, out of combat.

is this a real feature? I am going to go try now, and if this really works I will have to bestow about Mr Rotty and his evil twin the all time awsome award. If this doesn't really work and I get smashed to pieces in Fens while my panther runs to crossing for help then you people are pure mean!

Arcath Darkspell, Royal Mage of the Nine Clans
Re: Rottcloar 03/06/2003 06:00 PM CST
Yep, it's real. Charisma helps, and it doesn't happen all the time from what I've seen posted.

Steel.

"And if things don't change i am quitx0ring and taking all of my 47 premie friends with me..." -Realmswalker Dragonseekr, being sarcastic in The Best Post Evar.
Re: Rottcloar 03/20/2003 06:18 PM CST
RoTtClOaR iZ KEWL - kakulz.

(Don't worry, I'm not insane. Only Rottcloar would understand this)

~PhAnGoR
Rottcloar 01/23/2004 12:28 PM CST
Rottcloar has just resigned and he will be sorely missed. I just wanted to say one final "Thank you." to him here. He devoted a lot of time into familiars and other things for our enjoyment. He always made me laugh and was great fun. I'm sorry to see him go, but I appreciate everything he's done for us and I hope his life is filled with with happiness in whatever he does. Thank you Rotty! You'll be missed.

Droughtman glances around the room and says, "Someone pull my finger."
Re: Rottcloar 01/23/2004 01:15 PM CST
I just want to chime in and add my thanks and kudos for all the hard work. Hopefully everyone will remember your "fun factor" philosophy; there's a lot of merit to that.

Regards,

~Mike/Gulphphunger
Re: Rottcloar 01/23/2004 02:51 PM CST
Same here Rotty,

You have been incredible and know that you left and awesome legacy.

Thanks soooo much for all the work and improvements you have contributed to the familiar sytems. A big thanks.

Woodcubb of Ilithi
Re: Rottcloar 01/24/2004 09:38 AM CST
I've had a number of occasions to play with Rottie. Once he animated Quentin the mad healer of Shard and had him flirt with my ranger as he was healing her. On another he was giving a bunch of us at TGSE some very unusual pre-titles. I got to be Ham-on-Ryeka, and there was Hero Zeroe, and a few others- all of them hilarious.

Take care of yourself, Rottie. I'll never view a ham-on-rye sandwich the same way again!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Rottcloar 01/24/2004 01:56 PM CST
>Ham-on-Ryeka

Is THAT how your name is pronounced?

Steel.

YOU HAVE <insert ability here>!! YOU ARE OVERPOWERED!! DIE GUILD DIE!!!

Now with combat move charts!
http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/steelflash
Re: Rottcloar 01/24/2004 03:43 PM CST
>>Ham-on-Ryeka

>Is THAT how your name is pronounced?

I always pronounced it Rye-Eeek-Uh, but I am noted as weird...

~Kyn

Weapons http://members.cox.net/trader-indigoe/weapon.html
Armor http://www.heromachine.com/drealms/
Mac OS X FE http://home.attbi.com/~fury42/
Circle http://www.terkowitz.com/
Maps http://www.rangerrawb.com/ranik/
Re: Rottcloar 01/26/2004 10:02 AM CST
I'm just gonna stop in a moment and say thanks myself.

Rottcloar was an awsome GM, especially with Familiars. I've gotten to talk to him on several occasions and he was a funny and twisted (just a little <grins>) person.

His work of familiars will be missed deeply and his underwater basket weaving classes will be as well.

I am glad I got a chance to chat with him, and had my familiar altered by him.

Many Thanks for your work, it is a legacy that will be hard to follow.

~Laurieana

"We were ment to live for so much more.."- Switchfoot
Re: Rottcloar 03/03/2004 09:58 AM CST
Bye Bye Rotty,

Not sure you even read these anymore but I had to say how much we've all enjoyed you being a warrior mage, even before ya went upstairs. You made things fun and interesting and I don't think anyone will not miss you being around for us and with us.

Happy Trails to ya,

Allurana and all her familiars waving byebye.
Rottcloar 08/02/2007 11:19 PM CDT
I would like to thank Rottcloar for his most recent round of familiar alterations. While I'm thrilled, I'm not sure my panther is particularly happy about his new look ...

A bone-white skeletal panther leaps from the shadows and crouches at your side.

But then again, he don't seem too upset. :)
Re: Rottcloar 08/02/2007 11:22 PM CDT
...When... was this?

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.
Re: Rottcloar 08/02/2007 11:34 PM CDT
<<...When... was this?

This evening. Apparantly he was (may still be for all I know) dropping in on random warrior mages who had a fam summoned (I assume, I had mine summoned) and making the offer.

It's not the first time, and probably won't be the last. :)
Re: Rottcloar 08/03/2007 12:01 AM CDT
Oh I miss all the cool stuff...

"There comes a time in your life, when you must choose between what is easy and what right."

Re: Rottcloar 08/03/2007 12:18 AM CDT
:(

Eventually...

a black panther comes flying into view! it hits the ground, bouncing once before sliding to a stop.
A black panther is stunned!
Re: Rottcloar 08/03/2007 07:03 AM CDT
>>A bone-white skeletal panther leaps from the shadows and crouches at your side.

That is by a wide margin the coolest familiar I've seen.

~Kashik
Re: Rottcloar 08/03/2007 12:39 PM CDT
>>>A bone-white skeletal panther leaps from the shadows and crouches at your side.

Zombie cat should be harm-evilable.
Re: Rottcloar 08/03/2007 03:30 PM CDT
>A bone-white skeletal panther leaps from the shadows and crouches at your side.

Now all we need is an eight-legged spider piglet.

SPIDER PIG, SPIDER PIG!

~Aleximarus
Re: Rottcloar 08/03/2007 03:59 PM CDT
<<Now all we need is an eight-legged spider piglet.

I'd like to point out that there is a difference between a skeletal panther and a panther skeleton. "Skeletal" here means emaciated. Skin and bones. Not dead.

It's not an undead panther. It just looks the part. :-P
Re: Rottcloar 08/03/2007 04:02 PM CDT
> "Skeletal" here means emaciated. Skin and bones. Not dead.

See: Mary-Kate Olsen.

-Durnil
Re: Rottcloar 08/03/2007 04:49 PM CDT
Alt: Angelina Jolie

Re: Rottcloar 08/04/2007 01:08 PM CDT
yep the fat cat is now a slinky black cat
Re: Rottcloar 08/04/2007 05:03 PM CDT
I'm surprised there haven't been more posts showing off new familiars. I certainly hope Rottie didn't get discouraged from this sort of thing due to finding every mage he approached afk or something. :(
Re: Rottcloar 08/04/2007 05:35 PM CDT
He wouldn't have found me with my familiar AFK. And if I have my familiar out later and he were to pay me a visit, he wouldn't find me AFK then either.
Just sayin'

Prev_page Previous 1