Why I'm a warrior mage 04/18/2010 09:48 PM CDT
Every time I think about playing some other guild, I run across something like this:

You gesture at a rock troll.
A shard of elemental fire flies at a rock troll!
The shard smashes into a rock troll, breaking its skull wide open and broiling its brain!

A rock troll collapses with a heavy thud.
Roundtime: 1 second.

I don't know how I'd ever get along without my elemental spells o' doom.
Re: Why I'm a warrior mage 04/19/2010 11:04 PM CDT
I prefer this

You gesture at a juvenile desert armadillo.
A mass of pearly grey ether erupts from thin air, coalescing into the spectral form of a pristine silver unicorn which gallops rapidly toward a juvenile desert armadillo.
The desert armadillo's plated hide is knocked aside before the rampant equine.
The silver unicorn rears up gracefully and slams down with head lowered, its horn brutally impaling the desert armadillo's spine amidst sickening sounds of ground bone and devastated innards! After a moment, its lifeless body slowly slides off the bloody horn.
A juvenile desert armadillo falls over and, after a couple of spasms, is still.

The unicorn lets out a reverberating neigh of triumph as it tramples the carcass under its hooves before fading.
Roundtime: 1 second.
Re: Why I'm a warrior mage 04/19/2010 11:58 PM CDT
i think there's something wrong with your MOA spell, maybe it's a tumor?

Tekemi exclaims, "It's practically a smorgasbord out here!"
Tekemi says to Tokomi, "You're the prime rib, of course."
Re: Why I'm a warrior mage 04/20/2010 12:38 AM CDT
My unicorn's black

Segmere
Shadow Priest, Baron's Own Militia

"The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep." ~WC Fields
Re: Why I'm a warrior mage 04/20/2010 02:02 AM CDT
I did not know Hodierna was divine patron of the thesaurus.

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: Why I'm a warrior mage 04/20/2010 05:25 PM CDT
>> did not know Hodierna was divine patron of the thesaurus.

HORN came out before MOA IIRC.

IIRC, and ICBRI (I could be recalling incorrectly).

Right now the Moon Mage place on the "combat pet totem pole" is the part that's sunk into the earth to lower the pole's center of gravity.
-Armifer de Dragonrealms
Re: Why I'm a warrior mage 04/20/2010 05:32 PM CDT
MOA came out about a year and a half before HORN

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=35&topic=1&message=195

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=22&topic=1&message=167

The messaging for HORN, at least in my opinion, is completely different and much better though.
Re: Why I'm a warrior mage 04/20/2010 05:32 PM CDT
Not to say that the messaging for MOA is bad I just love the messaging for HORN
Re: Why I'm a warrior mage 04/20/2010 10:31 PM CDT
I'm glad to see the reason you guys became warrior mages was for horn, but I think there is a slight error in your game plan.

I know all about Paladins, trust me. All they do is boss you around and tell you what to do.
"Don't walk on the grass, don't litter, don't rape the cycle of life with your unclean Power" blah blah blah.
-Tsukiko OOTS
Re: Why I'm a warrior mage 04/20/2010 10:42 PM CDT
...I was making fun of the flowery language. D:

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: Why I'm a warrior mage 04/21/2010 01:40 PM CDT
>>...I was making fun of the flowery language. D:

I know, I wasn't trying to tell you to get out, I just found it funny that you posted cleric crits in a "Why I'm a warrior mage" thread. Trust me if it was titled anything else I wouldn't have said a thing.

I know all about Paladins, trust me. All they do is boss you around and tell you what to do.
"Don't walk on the grass, don't litter, don't rape the cycle of life with your unclean Power" blah blah blah.
-Tsukiko OOTS
Re: Why I'm a warrior mage 04/21/2010 01:48 PM CDT
>>I know, I wasn't trying to tell you to get out, I just found it funny that you posted cleric crits in a "Why I'm a warrior mage" thread. Trust me if it was titled anything else I wouldn't have said a thing.

It was me and it was because he said he thought about joining other guilds until he saw something like what he posted. So I posted a Cleric Crit. I have a 100th circle WM too but I much prefer my Cleric crits.
Re: Why I'm a warrior mage 04/22/2010 08:31 AM CDT
I think most guilds have a "cool crits" spell. "The vertical noose removes anything that might have once been called a face" makes me happy when I cast Dinazen Olkar. And I don't even have Partial Displacement.

It's all about flava. Some like butter pecan, some like mint chocolate chip.

-Dihm