Spell hits - Strange Arrow 05/05/2008 09:01 PM CDT
Didn't see anything under Necro board for these, so seeing as I'm a WM I thought I'd share.
This is a pretty cool spell. (I think the hits are better as you progress down.) :P

You gesture at a bawdy swain.
The mana you were holding contributes to the spell.
You are unable to keep some of the mana from leaking out of the spell pattern.
A crackling yellow haze forms up around your body, quickly pooling up into a small, cohesive cloud in front of you. It quickly lurches forward in an erratic bolt at a bawdy swain!
The cloud suddenly splits into dozens of tiny glowing yellow arrows, careening drunkenly in all directions before lancing out at its chest, gashing deep holes from which burns visibly spread.
A bawdy swain collapses to the ground.
The Odalva belt buckle glows dimly then crumbles to dust as the bawdy swain's life-force fades.
Roundtime: 1 second.

A crackling yellow haze forms up around your body, quickly pooling up into a small, cohesive cloud in front of you. It quickly lurches forward in an erratic bolt at a bawdy swain!
Zigging and zagging erratically like a thief trying to evade the guards, the cloud abruptly turns towards a bawdy swain. Soaring out with exceptional speed, it slides across its abdomen, gaping holes left behind anywhere it connects as yellow haze and the stench of burnt flesh waft out.
The bawdy swain is severely stunned!

The cloud suddenly splits into dozens of tiny glowing yellow arrows, careening drunkenly in all directions before lancing out at its chest, gashing deep holes from which burns visibly spread.
The Odalva belt buckle glows dimly then crumbles to dust as the bawdy swain's life-force fades.

With a ferocious crackle, the cloud grows and shifts into the mostly cohesive shape of a ballista bolt, which rams into its chest with enough force to lift a bawdy swain into the air, the glowing yellow force keeping it aloft. As the hazy cloud dissipates, its chest has been completely melted from the inside out.
The Nadamian ring glows dimly then crumbles to dust as the bawdy swain's life-force fades.

-k
Re: Spell hits - Strange Arrow 05/05/2008 09:44 PM CDT
Try targeting the head with a big prep. That's always been my favorite.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n142/Sirzason/wmsheet2.jpg

a black panther comes flying into view! it hits the ground, bouncing once before sliding to a stop.
A black panther is stunned!
Re: Spell hits - Strange Arrow 05/05/2008 11:16 PM CDT
The eye is also fun.

>cast
You gesture at a beady-eyed field goblin.
A crackling yellow haze forms up around your body, quickly pooling up into a small, cohesive cloud in front of you. It quickly lurches forward in an erratic bolt at a beady-eyed field goblin!
The crackling yellow cloud glances against its shield, but redirects its course!
Spiraling outward with a crackle, the cloud forms an erratic beam that slams into its right eye, puncturing and vaporizing it instantly while the head snaps back from the vicious force. Yellow arcs of energy and wafting haze continue to writhe around for several seconds, revealing an empty and melted socket when they finally subside.
A beady-eyed field goblin collapses to the ground, shuddering and moaning until it ceases all movement.

Re: Spell hits - Strange Arrow 07/15/2008 09:00 PM CDT
Awesome what spell is that?

Aules
Re: Spell hits - Strange Arrow 07/15/2008 09:28 PM CDT
>>Awesome what spell is that?

Re: Spell hits - Strange Arrow