Sweeeet. 03/03/2008 11:26 AM CST
>point ball at mazrian

Placing your hand on the earthen ballista, you focus your magical senses deep within the pattern binding it together. With a minor adjustment, you pull the spell matrix subtly until it recognizes Mazrian as its new target.
The earthen ballista grinds and rotates until it faces Mazrian.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
R>
A heavy earthen ballista shudders slightly and makes a noisy thrumming as it launches a small granite boulder at you!
at Mazrian!
You feel your cambrinth armband, parry stick, chain greaves, gauntlets, armet helm, half plate and granite shield jerk you forward!
You are ready, and brace yourself!
Your ethereal shield crackles with energy!
You manage to rollMazrian rolls with most of the blow despite being clipped in the chest by the granite boulder.
>
You're somewhat off balance from that last pulse.

You say, "Huh...I did not expect that to work."

>heal

Your body feels somewhat battered.
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have minor swelling and bruising in the chest area.
You have no significant injuries.
>
A small granite boulder crumbles into pebbles and dust.

>load ball

You lay your hand upon the earthen ballista, allowing your magical senses to drift through your fingertips and seep into its very depths. Near the point where the ballista meets the natural earth, you notice several normal rocks which will serve well as ammunition. Mentally grasping the nearest portions of the magic pattern, you coax them to seek one and draw it inside the ballista.
The earthen ballista grinds with the sound of stone on stone as a large rock rises up from within it and sets itself atop the launching device.
Roundtime: 4 seconds.
R>
A heavy earthen ballista shudders slightly and makes a noisy thrumming as it launches a large rock at you!
at Mazrian!
You feel your cambrinth armband, parry stick, chain greaves, gauntlets, armet helm, half plate and granite shield jerk you forward!
You are ready, and brace yourself!
Your half plate is slightly damaged.
Mazrian isYou are struck by the large rock soundly in the chest!
Your oak rings falls to the ground.
The shimmering shield fades from around you.
Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your spirit and you struggle to remain tied to this world.
You are somewhat comforted that you have gained favor with your God and are in no danger of walking the Starry Road, never to return.
Your body will decay beyond its ability to hold your soul in 464 minutes.
DEAD>
You're extremely imbalanced from that last pulse.
DEAD>
Battle Lord Phii climbed a construction barricade.
DEAD>l

You say, "I gueuss I deserved that"

Phii scratches her head.

Phii asks, "Did you...ballista yourself to death?"

You say, "Yes. Yes I did."

[Mer'Kresh, Sahra Bridge]
The rising and falling humps that line the sides of Sahra Bridge prove to be the stone forms of dolphins, decoratively added to the cresting arch of the bridge. As the bridge curves down to the street, the sideguards flare in either direction, each capped with an iron brazier set into their ends. A seashell mosaic spirals between, the normally bright shades of blue and green dusty from traveling wagons.
You also see a large rock, some carved oak rings, a heavy earthen ballista, a heavy earthen ballista with a small granite boulder on it, a heavy earthen ballista with a small granite boulder on it, a heavy earthen ballista with a small granite boulder on it and a construction barricade.
Also here: Battle Lord Phii
Obvious paths: east, south.

You are Mazrian Daemondred, an Elf.
You have an angular face with elegant arched eyebrows, pointed ears, crystal blue eyes and a classical nose. Your dark brown hair is long and thick, and is worn loose. You have fair skin and an athletic build.
You are tall for a Elf.
You have a tattoo of a sleek panther that is stalking a dark armored warrior through the depths of a forest on your chest.
You appear to be dead! Other than that...
You have a severely swollen chest area with a shattered rib cage.
You are bleeding lightly from the chest.
You are wearing a small granite shield, some half plate, an armet helm, a clouded arzumos pelt backpack with gut drawstrings, a leather talisman pouch with a blackened steel clasp in the shape of a sitting dog, a kyanite gwethdesuan, a jadeite gwethdesuan, an albredine crystal ring, some gauntlets, some chain greaves, some jet black snakeskin pants, an ivory linen swordsman's shirt with blackworked cuffs, an iron-banded parry stick with brown leather straps, a wide platinum wedding band bezel-set with a stunning cabochon Teiro's Hate ruby, a steel-buttoned longcoat of black leather lined with vermilion Elven silk, a polished belt frog, a dark blue albredine ring, some thick hiking boots with soft desumos fur lining, a twisted cambrinth armband, a dark spidersilk gem pouch adorned with forest green Elven ivy knotwork, an origami-paper envelope and a platinum choker.
Re: Sweeeet. 03/04/2008 01:56 AM CST
>>The earthen ballista grinds and rotates until it faces Mazrian.

This wasn't explicitly intended when I added the extra commands to the spell, which is why the messaging is funky. I do like that feature though (our spells need more self-mutilation). The updated version of the spell, currently in QC, fixes the messaging -- and you'll be able to kill yourself in rather grisly ways with it.

- GM Wythor

What goes up
is futile --
unless it goes out
Re: Sweeeet. 03/04/2008 08:37 PM CST
>>This wasn't explicitly intended when I added the extra commands to the spell, which is why the messaging is funky. I do like that feature though (our spells need more self-mutilation). The updated version of the spell, currently in QC, fixes the messaging -- and you'll be able to kill yourself in rather grisly ways with it.

That would be great to incorporate into a storyline. Some suicidal mad mage who destroys himself with a ballista in front of everyone.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Sweeeet. 03/05/2008 08:41 AM CST
>>That would be great to incorporate into a storyline. Some suicidal mad mage who destroys himself with a ballista in front of everyone.<<

lol. Done and done!

- Mazrian