Summoned weapons questions 03/19/2019 09:41 AM CDT
I'm coming back from a break. Decided to try a WM. I've never messed with weapons before, always played NMU types. Reading the wiki it looks like I'll want to get an infusion asap. I was thinking expansive for more skill options. Is the elements shift worth it? Or the quick ones? Can you summon at a specific density or only shape? What is the turn option?

I'll probably get weapon techs to improve tier but is the ingot worth using for tier 5?

The system says a weapon basically takes 1 point of charge. Is that per summon? Since I'm earth aligned does it always cost less?

Unrelated but should I buy anything at the current event? I'd like to try the heist but already have good weapons and armor.
Re: Summoned weapons questions 03/19/2019 11:01 AM CDT
>>Is the elements shift worth it?

If you're fighting something that's weak against elements it's definitely worth it. I wouldn't put it as a priority though

>>Or the quick ones?

Faster is always better IMO

>>Can you summon at a specific density or only shape?

If you're summoning from an already altered weapon it will keep the density. So if you push or pull a LE then shape it to 2HE it will keep the relative density changes.

>>What is the turn option?

Different templates

>>I'll probably get weapon techs to improve tier but is the ingot worth using for tier 5?

IMO, No. The T4 templates are good enough and don't want to waste rare mats getting a little better, at least for everyday training. A tourney or something like that might be an exception

>>The system says a weapon basically takes 1 point of charge. Is that per summon?
Any time you summon or modify the weapon it takes a charge
Re: Summoned weapons questions 03/19/2019 12:25 PM CDT
>>I'm coming back from a break. Decided to try a WM. I've never messed with weapons before, always played NMU types. Reading the wiki it looks like I'll want to get an infusion asap. I was thinking expansive for more skill options. Is the elements shift worth it? Or the quick ones? Can you summon at a specific density or only shape? What is the turn option? <<

IMO you want expansive, reinforced, quick and at least one of the elemental shifts.

If you're Earth aligned, the summoning cost is halved. If you're Earth opposed, the summoning cost is doubled. I'm not sure what you mean about 1 point of charge.

IMO keeping an ingot around to get to Tier 5 is not worth it. Tier 4 weapons are just fine for training and you can use elemental shifts to target weak armor or activate Mark of Arhat. Rare crafted templates like the sterak axe or some of the weapons from the MT events are better if you for some reason need a top tier weapon.

Mazrian
Re: Summoned weapons questions 03/19/2019 01:44 PM CDT
I skimmed reinforced because I assumed it just made the weapons more durable or let you increase density, which doesn't seem useful at level 5
Re: Summoned weapons questions 03/19/2019 07:07 PM CDT
It bumps the tier of your weapon up by 1 if you have the appropriate Forging tech to forge it, and by another 1 if you're holding an ingot of rare metal while you summon it.

Mazrian
Re: Summoned weapons questions 03/19/2019 09:10 PM CDT
While on this topic, does the rare metal ingot decrease in size as you summon weapons?

Also what's considered rare beyond tyrium?

Damian, a voice from the distant and long-forgotten past.
AIM:DamianDR
Re: Summoned weapons questions 03/19/2019 09:56 PM CDT
> While on this topic, does the rare metal ingot decrease in size as you summon weapons?

Not size, but there's a chance it will decrease in quality. This is less likely if you use a larger ingot.

> Also what's considered rare beyond tyrium?

Any metal on the rare metal table more valuable than platinum:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/Category:Crafting_materials#Rare_metals_2