Need a lore savvy WM to take a look at: 07/30/2017 03:51 PM CDT
The sigilated rings page and edit it if it's inaccurate, poorly worded or out of date with current lore. I've never played a WM to any real level so I don't follow the lore as closely as maybe I should. I also found conflicting reports on old forum posts that the air rings were from the Mer'Kresh guild opening and reports that they were from the Muspar'i guilding opening.

Thanks!

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Sigilated_rings
Re: Need a lore savvy WM to take a look at: 07/30/2017 04:26 PM CDT
Sigilated rings pre-date the current lore surrounding the Elemental Planes, and do not entirely mesh well with it. The last time Armifer commented on this, this is what said:

>>That said, it does seem possible to "cheat," since familiars are a very iconic case of drawing some kind of mass out of what is best described as potentiality or sources of power rather than places. It probably works a lot like familiars do, in fact, with the idea being the ring stores the "programming" of the item and reconstructs it every time you summon it. It's a pretty extravagant, circuitous kind of magic to do what it's doing, but Warrior Mages aren't exactly subdued when it comes to screwing with the higher planes.

I'm hesitant to edit the wiki page, because you'll see there are a few maybe's and probably's in that discussion. So its possible they work that way and its possible they haven't well defined how the rings work, yet.

You can read the post here:

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Abilities,%20Skills%20and%20Magic/Magical%20Items/view/1599
Re: Need a lore savvy WM to take a look at: 07/30/2017 04:59 PM CDT
Thanks, that helped. Uploaded that post so the page links to it.
Re: Need a lore savvy WM to take a look at: 07/30/2017 06:09 PM CDT
I can confirm the original air crate was from the Mer'Kresh guild opening. It's possible there was another crate when Muspar'i opened but I don't have any clear memories of that. Probably just confusion between the two remote "M" names.

Focus to attune a ring takes several attempts, usually, but I cannot remember if the chance of attuning is purely random or driven by circle, some skill, or stats.

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.
They're proud of them." -Raesh, on history
Re: Need a lore savvy WM to take a look at: 07/30/2017 06:16 PM CDT
>>Focus to attune a ring takes several attempts, usually, but I cannot remember if the chance of attuning is purely random or driven by circle, some skill, or stats.

I want to say that when they were originally released, it was based on Magical Devices (Arcana). Wouldn't surprise me if it still is.