Clockwork Shark Suggestion 11/03/2016 10:28 AM CDT
So from the sounds of it from Persida's post, it sounds like we can pickup a clockwork shark if we haven't received one in the past? I thought there was a micro-transaction for this, but I don't see anything in the SimuCoin store. I suppose that is all besides the point though...

What I am wondering is if I do get a clockwork shark, what would fellow warrior mages suggest for the skills? Would it make sense to select the skills that are constantly slowing me down from circle advancement, such as TM and primary weapon? Or would it make sense to select some of the important tertiary skills, like shield and evasion? Thanks!
Re: Clockwork Shark Suggestion 11/03/2016 10:58 AM CDT
>>So from the sounds of it from Persida's post, it sounds like we can pickup a clockwork shark if we haven't received one in the past? I thought there was a micro-transaction for this, but I don't see anything in the SimuCoin store. I suppose that is all besides the point though...

The microtrans last year was being able to pick a second app focus if you just started your shark that year.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Clockwork Shark Suggestion 11/03/2016 11:04 AM CDT
>>The microtrans last year was being able to pick a second app focus if you just started your shark that year.

Ah, so without that there really isn't any point in picking it up if it can only start one appraisal focus at a time anyway? Except maybe that I can start an appraisal focus for that skill below 200 ranks in appraisal?
Re: Clockwork Shark Suggestion 11/03/2016 11:07 AM CDT
> Ah, so without that there really isn't any point in picking it up if it can only start one appraisal focus at a time anyway? Except maybe that I can start an appraisal focus for that skill below 200 ranks in appraisal?

And the research time is faster when using the shark.
Re: Clockwork Shark Suggestion 11/03/2016 11:14 AM CDT
>>And the research time is faster when using the shark.

Gotcha, well I suppose I may as well pick it up since it is free then. I suppose with that in mind, assuming they don't release a catch-up micro-transaction, what would other warrior mages suggest for the one skill?
Re: Clockwork Shark Suggestion 11/03/2016 11:18 AM CDT

>>And the research time is faster when using the shark.

And you can add skills that don't otherwise have a (known?) focus option. Summoning, empathy, bardic lore, and expertise.
Re: Clockwork Shark Suggestion 11/03/2016 11:32 AM CDT
> And you can add skills that don't otherwise have a (known?) focus option. Summoning, empathy, bardic lore, and expertise.

Every skill (except Appraisal and ML) has an option. Talismans for summoning, other players for empathy, chakrel for expertise, and the word "recall" for BL.
Re: Clockwork Shark Suggestion 11/03/2016 11:45 AM CDT
>what would other warrior mages suggest for the one skill?

I'd recommend whichever tert skill you would find most useful to get a boost to.

As a bard, my shark has shield and evasion and I'll probably add skinning for my 3rd.

Don't forget to vote:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Clockwork Shark Suggestion 11/03/2016 04:45 PM CDT
>>what would other warrior mages suggest for the one skill?

>I'd recommend whichever tert skill you would find most useful to get a boost to.

I'll second this. You want a skill that is BELOW your appraisal for best results, hence tert is a good choice. I decided to go with combat skills and for my Bard chose stealth, evasion, and shield.

You may also want to think about when you'll have the time and inclination to do the focusing before training the skill in question. If you don't like the idea of stopping before combat (or in the middle sometimes), you may want to set it up to a different tert skill.

- Navesi
Re: Clockwork Shark Suggestion 11/11/2016 06:23 PM CST
> I'll second this. You want a skill that is BELOW your appraisal for best results, hence tert is a good choice.

Not just that, but I don't really need my summoning to go faster relative to my other skills. The tert skills are the ones likely to hold me back from moving on to a new critter (and thus throttling primary skills), so I also chose stealth, evasion, shield.

- Saragos