In the wake of 3.2 release- 07/28/2016 12:31 PM CDT

How do you guys feel about the new state of BG and Dragon's breath? Curious on the opinions of others that have spent some time testing.
Re: In the wake of 3.2 release- 07/28/2016 12:38 PM CDT
DB got much better IMO because a heavy TM hit available every 2.5 minutes is a lot more situationally useful than a handful of weak attacks each available every 30 seconds.

BG got marginally worse because things tend to have better armor vs physical damage than vs elemental damage and the weighting is toward physical now instead of 50/50 physical/cold. The spell not training utility is kind of a bummer.

Overall feeling pretty ok about WMs though, and enjoying my extra spell slots.

Mazrian
Re: In the wake of 3.2 release- 07/28/2016 12:42 PM CDT

I'm witnessing/hearing a pretty large power increase in BG against players. Like akin to old BG prenerf, a couple other mages I talked to observed the same.
Re: In the wake of 3.2 release- 07/28/2016 12:57 PM CDT

That seems unlikely and it wasn't that way on Test, but I'll go check it out some more. If so it's probably unintended. Alternately, having damage weighted 75/25 toward one stat might be a lot better than 50/50 when the total damage is relatively low, because of how armor works.

Mazrian
Re: In the wake of 3.2 release- 07/28/2016 01:07 PM CDT

bg feels worse, tbqh, which I expected.

DB is obviously much better.

I miss the utility from MAB.
Re: In the wake of 3.2 release- 07/28/2016 01:25 PM CDT
Tested a bit and yeah, BG is somewhat worse.

Mazrian
Re: In the wake of 3.2 release- 07/28/2016 01:59 PM CDT

DB is great with power, I just don't bother much with it because of the cool down time. I would have rather seen it with half the max duration (39 minutes) and a shorter cool down (1-1.5 min). I literally forget I cast it in combat after the first spit.
Re: In the wake of 3.2 release- 07/28/2016 03:06 PM CDT
>I miss the utility from MAB.

Sitting around aimlessly flinging rocks into space was my favorite way to train! Back to zephyr farts while powerwalking.

Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.