Elemental Efficacy subs 07/28/2016 02:15 AM CDT
So, I did a little study on elemental efficacy and share it with everyone.

The different states I've seen are:

overwhelmingly favorable
strongly favorable
favorable
moderately favorable
slightly favorable
neutral
slightly detrimental
moderately detrimental
detrimental
strongly detrimental
overwhelmingly detrimental

Here are the genie substitutions I came up with:

#subs {^(The climate conditions|The planar conditions|Your surroundings) are overwhelmingly favorable} {The $1 are overwhelmingly favorable (5/5)}
#subs {^(The climate conditions|The planar conditions|Your surroundings) are strongly favorable} {The $1 are strongly favorable (4/5)}
#subs {^(The climate conditions|The planar conditions|Your surroundings) are favorable} {The $1 are favorable (3/5)}
#subs {^(The climate conditions|The planar conditions|Your surroundings) are moderately favorable} {The $1 are moderately favorable (2/5)}
#subs {^(The climate conditions|The planar conditions|Your surroundings) are slightly favorable} {The $1 are slightly favorable (1/5)}
#subs {^(The climate conditions|The planar conditions|Your surroundings) are neutral} {The $1 are neutral (0/5)}
#subs {^(The climate conditions|The planar conditions|Your surroundings) are overwhelmingly detrimental} {The $1 are overwhelmingly detrimental (-5/5)}
#subs {^(The climate conditions|The planar conditions|Your surroundings) are strongly detrimental} {The $1 are strongly detrimental (-4/5)}
#subs {^(The climate conditions|The planar conditions|Your surroundings) are detrimental} {The $1 are detrimental (-3/5)}
#subs {^(The climate conditions|The planar conditions|Your surroundings) are moderately detrimental} {The $1 are moderately detrimental (-2/5)}
#subs {^(The climate conditions|The planar conditions|Your surroundings) are slightly detrimental} {The $1 are slightly detrimental (-1/5)}
#subs {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and overwhelmingly favorable} {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and overwhelmingly favorable (5/5)}
#subs {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and strongly favorable} {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and strongly favorable (4/5)}
#subs {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and favorable} {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and favorable (3/5)}
#subs {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and moderately favorable} {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and moderately favorable (2/5)}
#subs {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and slightly favorable} {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and slightly favorable (1/5)}
#subs {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and neutral} {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and neutral (0/5)}
#subs {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and overwhelmingly detrimental} {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and overwhelmingly detrimental (-5/5)}
#subs {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and strongly detrimental} {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and strongly detrimental (-4/5)}
#subs {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and detrimental} {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and detrimental (-3/5)}
#subs {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and moderately detrimental} {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and moderately detrimental (-2/5)}
#subs {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and slightly detrimental} {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and slightly detrimental (-1/5)}

- Saragos
Re: Elemental Efficacy subs 07/28/2016 02:35 AM CDT
Since we know that the range is from -10% to 10%, I would hazard a guess that each level is a 2% range.

I'm adding your gathered info to the wiki page I created on spell efficacy right now, as well.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Elemental Efficacy subs 07/28/2016 02:46 AM CDT
Oh, and your subs are missing a few starting phrases, and the subs are resulting in an extra "The" at the start of every line:

> perc elem all
You extend your senses to gently probe the elements about you:
The The planar conditions are neutral (0/5) to the casting of Aether spells.
Your indoor surroundings are overwhelmingly detrimental to the casting of Air spells.
The Your surroundings are overwhelmingly favorable (5/5) to the casting of Earth spells.
Your indoor surroundings are strongly detrimental to the casting of Electricity spells.
Your indoor surroundings are neutral to the casting of Fire spells.
Your indoor surroundings are neutral to the casting of cold-based Water spells and neutral (0/5) to heat-based Water spells.
Roundtime: 16 sec.

Thanks for these btw!

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Elemental Efficacy subs 07/28/2016 02:55 AM CDT
Good catch. Apparently I forgot to test indoors. I also can't believe I missed the second The!

I'm not sure +/- 10% is what's actually in game right now. I started another thread so as not to muddy the discussion.

Here's the fixed subs.

#subs {^(The climate conditions|The planar conditions|Your surroundings|Your indoor surroundings) are overwhelmingly favorable} {$1 are overwhelmingly favorable (5/5)}
#subs {^(The climate conditions|The planar conditions|Your surroundings|Your indoor surroundings) are strongly favorable} {$1 are strongly favorable (4/5)}
#subs {^(The climate conditions|The planar conditions|Your surroundings|Your indoor surroundings) are favorable} {$1 are favorable (3/5)}
#subs {^(The climate conditions|The planar conditions|Your surroundings|Your indoor surroundings) are moderately favorable} {$1 are moderately favorable (2/5)}
#subs {^(The climate conditions|The planar conditions|Your surroundings|Your indoor surroundings) are slightly favorable} {$1 are slightly favorable (1/5)}
#subs {^(The climate conditions|The planar conditions|Your surroundings|Your indoor surroundings) are neutral} {$1 are neutral (0/5)}
#subs {^(The climate conditions|The planar conditions|Your surroundings|Your indoor surroundings) are overwhelmingly detrimental} {$1 are overwhelmingly detrimental (-5/5)}
#subs {^(The climate conditions|The planar conditions|Your surroundings|Your indoor surroundings) are strongly detrimental} {$1 are strongly detrimental (-4/5)}
#subs {^(The climate conditions|The planar conditions|Your surroundings|Your indoor surroundings) are detrimental} {$1 are detrimental (-3/5)}
#subs {^(The climate conditions|The planar conditions|Your surroundings|Your indoor surroundings) are moderately detrimental} {$1 are moderately detrimental (-2/5)}
#subs {^(The climate conditions|The planar conditions|Your surroundings|Your indoor surroundings) are slightly detrimental} {$1 are slightly detrimental (-1/5)}
#subs {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and overwhelmingly favorable} {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and overwhelmingly favorable (5/5)}
#subs {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and strongly favorable} {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and strongly favorable (4/5)}
#subs {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and favorable} {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and favorable (3/5)}
#subs {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and moderately favorable} {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and moderately favorable (2/5)}
#subs {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and slightly favorable} {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and slightly favorable (1/5)}
#subs {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and neutral} {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and neutral (0/5)}
#subs {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and overwhelmingly detrimental} {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and overwhelmingly detrimental (-5/5)}
#subs {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and strongly detrimental} {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and strongly detrimental (-4/5)}
#subs {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and detrimental} {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and detrimental (-3/5)}
#subs {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and moderately detrimental} {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and moderately detrimental (-2/5)}
#subs {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and slightly detrimental} {to the casting of cold-based Water spells and slightly detrimental (-1/5)}

- Saragos