Raesh - Training Utility Question under 3.2 07/27/2016 11:49 PM CDT
Hello! Quick question:

Since MAB no longer trains utility, any thoughts on letting us refresh duration of Zephyr or RM by recasting it? Currently it seems as though without MAB we would be pigeonholed to use ignite or foi to learn utility now which isnt super practical. I know we dont want to feel "forced" to take specific spells and I have a few perfectly good utility spells that DO teach, but cant be recast in the same room (zephyr, RM) making them slightly subpar. I suppose I could repick spells right now but I thought it might be a good time to ask.
Re: Raesh - Training Utility Question under 3.2 07/27/2016 11:56 PM CDT
Ethereal Fissure
Ignite
Rising Mists
Fortress of Ice
Zephyr
Air Bubble
Seal Cambrinth
Gauge Flow
Dispel
Imbue

While not the most impressive or robust list of options, you do have options.

>>any thoughts on letting us refresh duration of Zephyr or RM by recasting it?

It's something we can consider but the counter argument is if you do that you lose the protection from a small cast overriding a large cast. Which is why equal or smaller casts won't replace right now.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Raesh - Training Utility Question under 3.2 07/28/2016 12:13 AM CDT

>>It's something we can consider but the counter argument is if you do that you lose the protection from a small cast overriding a large cast. Which is why equal or smaller casts won't replace right now.

Would it be more plausible to let us release those spells if we cast them then?

I didnt consider the general non-guild spells, and air bubble I suppose has a use (lol).

Thanks much. The changes are awesome by the way.
Re: Raesh - Training Utility Question under 3.2 07/28/2016 01:21 AM CDT
Yeah, I'm not as high as you are, but I train utility using air bubble and a symbiosis. It's the simplest way to train it.

- Saragos