Ulf'hara Sigilated Ring 04/18/2016 07:11 PM CDT
So I picked up a sigilated ring from Ulf'hara. Even though spiritwood and the water element aren't really my thing, I couldn't pass up something so warrior mage-y. Only problem is, I can't seem to get it to work. When I focus on it, it teaches a very very small amount of arcana, so I'm wondering if there is an arcana check to attune it to mysely that I can't pass? The only other thought, is I don't have any spells from the water book yet? Any ideas?

>foc sigil ring
You focus your magical senses on a watered steel sigilated ring ensconced with pure white spiritwood.
The sigilated ring has a definite magical pattern, which appears to be a manifestation of Elemental magic.
Roundtime: 39 seconds.
R>
You can see a ferry approaching on the left side.
R>foc sigil ring
You focus your magical senses on a watered steel sigilated ring ensconced with pure white spiritwood.
You fail to accomplish anything further in your efforts to probe the magical patterns within the sigilated ring.
Roundtime: 37 seconds.
Re: Ulf'hara Sigilated Ring 04/18/2016 07:12 PM CDT
There is an Arcana check. You have to get through a few rounds of checks too, as I recall.
Re: Ulf'hara Sigilated Ring 04/18/2016 07:22 PM CDT
Took me about 15 attempts to get everything done with around 300 ranks.

Can be done with far less.
Re: Ulf'hara Sigilated Ring 04/18/2016 07:29 PM CDT
I attuned my first ring with awful sub-100 Arcana ranks, it just takes a few (okay, many) tries.

Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: Ulf'hara Sigilated Ring 04/18/2016 07:45 PM CDT
Ah ha, ok, I did get it with a little (lot) more persistence. Thanks for the help!
Re: Ulf'hara Sigilated Ring 05/09/2016 04:42 AM CDT

So this one is Water related?

I have an Air one...

Anyone know how I can find a fire one? What sort of price do fire ones, air ones and water ones go for?
Re: Ulf'hara Sigilated Ring 05/09/2016 09:20 AM CDT
Yes, this one is water aligned. I feel like the dev maybe a Stormlight Archive fan:

You touch your sigilated ring and vaporous mist forms in the air around you. Gathering rapidly in the palm of your right hand, the mist thickens and writhes until it solidifies into the shape of a tyrium scimitar in your grasp.

You touch your sigilated ring and the scimitar in your right hand suddenly liquifies and boils away, dispersing into a fine mist.

Since I found out about them, I have seen a couple for sale, all 4500-5000 pk.
Re: Ulf'hara Sigilated Ring 05/09/2016 12:29 PM CDT
>Anyone know how I can find a fire one?

The fire rings are pretty rare since they were released several years ago now at a warmage event, and in a more limited quantity than the glut of air rings.

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: Ulf'hara Sigilated Ring 05/09/2016 12:32 PM CDT
>>The fire rings are pretty rare since they were released several years ago now at a warmage event, and in a more limited quantity than the glut of air rings.

I wouldn't necessarily say they were in limited quantity as much as just really old. Weren't they given out via a gift box everyone could pull from during the 100th circle party thingy?

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Ulf'hara Sigilated Ring 05/09/2016 01:36 PM CDT
>I wouldn't necessarily say they were in limited quantity as much as just really old. Weren't they given out via a gift box everyone could pull from during the 100th circle party thingy?

True, I'm not sure how many were actually pulled (certainly not at all rare compared to the auction rings), but there is an order more of air rings lying around -- the gift box was available and constantly refilled for three days and almost every single warrior mage ended up with one.