more questions 05/20/2013 03:38 PM CDT

Ok sorry about this but I had another question.. SUMMON FAMILIAR (Aether)Ok so I am taking this as I am aligned with fire.. so i would do summon fam fire and end up with a fire fam? so my Cat would be a fire cat? If so I have been trying to do this for a while now and I still end up with my short haired cat... I have aligned with fire, done sum admit, played with fire for a while <casting FS at baddies> and nothing has worked. If I am wrong about this please help and if this is a guild secret thing i am sorry i will await my spankings..

idony
Re: more questions 05/20/2013 04:19 PM CDT
>Ok sorry about this but I had another question.. SUMMON FAMILIAR (Aether)...

That notation signifies that 'Summon Familiar' is aether aligned -- it will take less of your charge to summon if you are aether-aligned, more if you are electricity.

It's about the only benefit to aether alignment right now. I'm not sure how much it helps or not, though the attunement hit from summon is pretty heavy for a the higher grade familiars.
Re: more questions 05/22/2013 02:40 PM CDT
>>Ok sorry about this but I had another question.. SUMMON FAMILIAR (Aether)Ok so I am taking this as I am aligned with fire.. so i would do summon fam fire and end up with a fire fam? so my Cat would be a fire cat? If so I have been trying to do this for a while now and I still end up with my short haired cat... I have aligned with fire, done sum admit, played with fire for a while <casting FS at baddies> and nothing has worked. If I am wrong about this please help and if this is a guild secret thing i am sorry i will await my spankings..

Your familiar is the same regardless of the element you are aligned to. It would be pretty nice to have the alignment effect the look of the familiars, in fact any change to the familiar system would be nice. Don't hold your breath on that.

- Erixx