Problem Summoning 02/15/2013 04:35 PM CST

I get this message when I try to summon my familiar: >summon familiar
You discharge a burst of energy at the planar void, but the breach is too short-lived for your familiar to cross.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks.
Re: Problem Summoning 02/15/2013 04:57 PM CST
Tucker,

Do you know about the new Warrior Mage skill called Summoning?

First you must choose an element to align to. I personally am a fan of fire, but you can choose whatever after experminting.

Type: ALIGN FIRE

You'll need to do it a few times.

Once you're aligned. Then type SUMMON ADMITTANCE a few times to build up a charge.

Then typpe: SUMMON FAMILIAR

And your pet will appear.

There's a lot more to this whole thing, but that's the short version.
Re: Problem Summoning 02/15/2013 07:37 PM CST
Just a clarification. You can align to any element (Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Electricity, Aether).

Binu
Re: Problem Summoning 02/15/2013 11:08 PM CST

once I calmed down and started working through it I was able to get the basics. This was working the new skill of summoning, what does improving this skill do for my skills if anything?
Re: Problem Summoning 02/15/2013 11:55 PM CST
Allows you to circle lol.
Re: Problem Summoning 02/16/2013 07:19 AM CST
>once I calmed down and started working through it I was able to get the basics. This was working the new skill of summoning, what does improving this skill do for my skills if anything?

Every guild has a guild-specific skill now (tracking, backstab, summoning, empathy, theurgy, etc.); some of them aren't installed as anything yet, but they're trainable, and required to circle. The plans are to give them significant functions later (like astrology for MMs, thanatology for Necros, or backstab for teefs).

Pants.
Re: Problem Summoning 02/16/2013 11:56 AM CST
Isn't true. Paladins have non. Fairly certain...as of yet anyhow.
Re: Problem Summoning 02/16/2013 01:42 PM CST
....yes, for the pedantic in the room, endurance and expertise are not released yet. Because they haven't been written. And when they are, they will function exactly the same as the other guild skills and be required. So ya.

Pants.