Familiar wish list. 03/12/2012 04:00 PM CDT

Gargoyle.
Iguana.
Python/Anaconda snakes of different variety!
Deer/Elk/Moose?
Gator.
Dragonfly.

Some of us have been waiting many years for something to happen with fams outside of alterations.

Combats, different styles of fams a 100th circle style Fam. Sadly fams have so much potential that has gone untapped within the WarriorMage guild. They are a huge part of the history, lore and one of the few perks of being a Warmage.
Re: Familiar wish list. 03/12/2012 04:04 PM CDT
I'm conceptually OK with a lot of that! But we're not there yet, and I dunno how long it'll take us to get there. Magic first, then we can reassess after the dust settles.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Familiar wish list. 03/12/2012 04:20 PM CDT
- Dragons
Re: Familiar wish list. 03/12/2012 04:42 PM CDT
>Dragons

Maybe little bitty ones. Like the dragonets of Pern.
Re: Familiar wish list. 03/12/2012 04:50 PM CDT
>Magic first, then we can reassess after the dust settles.

Armifer, are the combat fam spell and the weapon creating spells still slated to come after M3.0 is rolled out, or will they make the release?
Re: Familiar wish list. 03/12/2012 05:23 PM CDT
>>Armifer, are the combat fam spell and the weapon creating spells still slated to come after M3.0 is rolled out, or will they make the release?

After. Weapon creation will probably be first on the list since that's comparatively simpler to what I want to give you for pet combat.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Familiar wish list. 03/12/2012 06:24 PM CDT
>>Maybe little bitty ones. Like the dragonets of Pern.

If it's not as big as the moon, I don't want it
Re: Familiar wish list. 03/12/2012 06:32 PM CDT

Thank you Armifer.

I look forward to the day I can have my warmage's dragonfly zap people in the eye with an ice sliver!
Re: Familiar wish list. 03/12/2012 09:16 PM CDT
>If it's not as big as the moon, I don't want it

Size matters?

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: Familiar wish list. 03/13/2012 07:07 AM CDT

Yes, yes it does.
Re: Familiar wish list. 03/13/2012 08:26 AM CDT
>After. Weapon creation will probably be first on the list since that's comparatively simpler to what I want to give you for pet combat.

No worries, good things come to those who wait.

But for spell/magic tech selection planning, could you give us a ball park about how many spell slots these spells will take?
Re: Familiar wish list. 03/13/2012 11:47 AM CDT
>>But for spell/magic tech selection planning, could you give us a ball park about how many spell slots these spells will take?

Probably two slots per, with each element allowing for cross-selection (so, for example, if you have Frost Scythe and Fist of Stone, you can make Frost Fists and Scythes of Stone).

I have plans for a Hylomorphic metaspell that might wind up being only one slot, but dunno yet.

-Armifer
Re: Familiar wish list. 03/13/2012 12:31 PM CDT
>Probably two slots per, with each element allowing for cross-selection...

The Combat Fam spell will also be 2 slots?
Re: Familiar wish list. 03/13/2012 12:37 PM CDT
>>The Combat Fam spell will also be 2 slots?

Likely two or three, depending on exactly what it does.

Rusty

-Armifer
Re: Familiar wish list. 03/13/2012 12:46 PM CDT
>Likely two or three, depending on exactly what it does.

Thanks much for the info!