Dark Familiars and Holy Water 12/08/2011 12:06 AM CST
Is Riverhaven the only place with a source of holy water to create a dark talisman or is there a source in/around Crossing?
Re: Dark Familiars and Holy Water 12/08/2011 06:35 AM CST
There is -usually- some holy water in the vat in the courtyard of the Cleric's Guild but it sometimes runs dry.
Re: Dark Familiars and Holy Water 12/08/2011 07:09 AM CST
i believe the bath also freezes up in the winter.

Last time i tried it in crossing it didn't work, and had to go to haven.

Preces meae non sunt dignae;Sed tu bonus fac benigne;Ne perenni cremer igne [Dies Irae]
Re: Dark Familiars and Holy Water 12/08/2011 10:29 AM CST
You could just find a cleric.
Re: Dark Familiars and Holy Water 12/08/2011 12:30 PM CST
> There is -usually- some holy water in the vat in the courtyard of the Cleric's Guild but it sometimes runs dry.

I had my cleric dump some holy water in that vat, but when I tried to dip my talisman in it, it wouldn't work.
Re: Dark Familiars and Holy Water 12/08/2011 08:16 PM CST
I thought there was a font or something in one of the upper levels of the Crossing Temple that had holy water. Over widdershinny way....or something.
Re: Dark Familiars and Holy Water 12/09/2011 05:42 AM CST
> I thought there was a font or something in one of the upper levels of the Crossing Temple that had holy water. Over widdershinny way....or something.

Already hiked it to Riverhaven, got the talismans I wanted and returned to Crossing. Managed to make one functional talisman with the only Kort potion I had. Just need to find more Kort potion. :/
Dark Familiar Talismans and Kort Potions 12/09/2011 03:27 PM CST
Ok going out on a limb here to say kort potions are not required, at least now. Maybe they were in the past? I made dark talismans for a dog, cat, falcon and raven. I only had one Kort potion, which I used on the *falcon talisman*. I just recently grabbed my raven talisman without thinking and summoned the raven, but I never used kort potion on ITS talisman.
Re: Dark Familiar Talismans and Kort Potions 12/09/2011 08:10 PM CST
>>Ok going out on a limb here to say kort potions are not required, at least now.

Kort portions are no longer required, which is why the elemental never has any in stock anymore: players don't bother giving him any when they find it.
Re: Dark Familiars and Holy Water 12/10/2011 12:06 PM CST
>>There is -usually- some holy water in the vat in the courtyard of the Cleric's Guild but it sometimes runs dry.

If I remember right, that's more a result of players putting it in there and the way water is "used" being funky, giving players the impression that it's an infinite source, as opposed to it being a legit holy water spot.
Re: Dark Familiars and Holy Water 12/10/2011 02:55 PM CST
That's correct. It is from players putting it in, but I mentioned it because in the past it was typically always an available source of holy water.