Bigger Familiars 07/30/2011 03:11 PM CDT
I was chatting with a friend, and it became clear to us both, there isn't much for a warmie to do after 50th circle, they have all the familiars and such, so the next 100 circles, we are stuck with the basics.

We got talking about how thee could be more done to keep people interested at higher circles, extra quests to run and such, more to gain, and familiars came up.

I'm unsure whats happening with the familiar ability to fight with us, but maybe a quest at 100th circle would be an idea? a new level of familiars, offering beasts relevant to our history or lore?
I was thinking something along the lines of Arhat, and his lion. Maybe some really hard reqs, no water spells, all fire spells, 100th circle, 900 in PM, etc. Offering a new challenge, on a quest, to get a lion familiar. Obviously offering others for the other elements, but the lion was my example.

Would anything like this ever be considered? or should I just be happy with a leopard that can carry a bag for me? ;o)

I'd like to see more quests and such offered at higher levels, to keep people interested at higher levels, not just number chasing

Thanks!!
Re: Bigger Familiars 08/26/2011 01:10 AM CDT

Instead of tacking on bigger familiars, I'd like to see more synergies with the elements that incorporated into our fighting. Maybe a spell that acts akin to an OM orb that could be infused with various spells, becoming more unstable/powerful as it was built, and acting as a sort of auto-fire turret/pet? I like the idea of Warrior Mage magic producing a kind of fire and forget type creation, not a pet, but something very unstable and deadly. I'm thinking something akin in spirit to fissure:
>CAST FIRE
Crackling fire surges up your arms and whirls into a spinning sphere. Carefully manipulating the pattern, you manage to hold it aloft!
>FOCUS SPHERE
You focus your magical senses on the sphere, noting the intricate construction that holds the spell together. As the matrix renews, you notice a bit of energy is lost with each cycle.
>PUSH SPHERE AT <critter>
Disturbing the pattern, you allow some energy to release towards the <critter>! Some of the matrix splinters off and screams towards the <critter>

The idea being with more skill, you can add more elements (Earth for impact? Aether for Slice? Lightening hits multiple critters?), more oomph, and maybe have more options, like setting it to fire on any critters that enter, explode and hit everything in the room, etc.

Or something.