Re: Liquid Mana 06/17/2007 02:10 PM CDT
As far as the dirty tricks I am refering to naphtha and water coupled with electricity etc. As far as cleric blood to mana spell I have no clue it was merely a thought
Re: Liquid Mana 06/17/2007 03:28 PM CDT
>As far as the dirty tricks I am refering to naphtha and water coupled with electricity etc. As far as cleric blood to mana spell I have no clue it was merely a thought

That's not really a dirty trick. At all. It's more of a basic physics. Fire + explosive = boom. Impurities in water lower the inherent resistence of water, making it a conductor, at a very low resistance as compared to air.

And clerics have teh Bitter feest spell, which turns health, mana, fatigue, or spirit into one of the other four, at a transfer ratio determined by many things (it's not 1:1 though).

I do like the idea of fueling MD with health; in lots of cultures blood has mystic properties anyway, I think it's very fitting. But I don't think it'll ever happen, for a few reasons.
Re: Liquid Mana 09/11/2007 12:11 AM CDT
I really want to see jars, filled with naptha or poison, with cambrinth triggers.
You focus on the jar and charge it with mana, the more mana the faster it pops and the bigger the punch.

Gauthos focuses on a small cambrinth-topped sphere

Gauthos throws a small-cambrinth-topped sphere at a field goblin, it causes a light hit to the goblins chest. The small cambrinth-topped sphere lands at its feet.

Gauthos focuses intently on a small cambrinth-topped sphere.

a small-cambrinth-topped sphere shimmers for a moment before exploding violently! Boiling naptha bursts from the sphere with a shattering of glass!

A goblin is caught in the explosion and is knocked off its feet!
Gauthos's ethereal shield crackles with energy
Re: Liquid Mana 09/11/2007 01:43 PM CDT
Don't you have to be touching cambrinth to focus on it? If so, then wouldn't an exploding jar be pretty dangerous?

Also, I doubt that an ES would protect you from shrapnel.
Re: Liquid Mana eh? 10/11/2007 05:24 AM CDT
:snifs at this post: :mutters: smells like necro....
Re: Liquid Mana eh? 10/11/2007 05:29 AM CDT
>:snifs at this post: :mutters: smells like necro....

Which post? Please at least quote what you're talking about when you respond to posts from weeks or months ago. Also, please read a thread and post one response, not three or four.

Elemancer Opieus, Journeyman Warrior Mage of Elanthia
>They made Lord of the Rings in a shorter timeline than Simu system development operates on. ~ Celestian Kougen Aensworth
Re: Liquid Mana eh? 10/11/2007 07:34 AM CDT
<<The warmage being able to distill mana from their own blood as a reserve in case during battle the warmie or weapon/armor runs low.

A: It's the thread starting message I am replying to.

B: I'll post as many times as I like on a thread as it develops. If you have issues with that feel free not to read my posts.

Have a good day
Re: Liquid Mana eh? 10/11/2007 07:59 AM CDT
>B: I'll post as many times as I like on a thread as it develops.

No need to get snarky. My issue is that you don't post as it develops. You post three or four posts all at once weeks after the rest of the thread with little to no quotation of what you are responding to. There have been times when you posted nine times in a row. This is not responding as a thread develops. As it develops is while it is still being discussed actively by other players, not after everybody else has lost interest and moved on. Is it so hard to open a response window and copy quotes over and respond as you read the thread instead of responding to each individual post?

Elemancer Opieus, Journeyman Warrior Mage of Elanthia
>They made Lord of the Rings in a shorter timeline than Simu system development operates on. ~ Celestian Kougen Aensworth
Re: Liquid Mana eh? 10/11/2007 09:00 AM CDT
Yeah, I have no idea what you're talking about either. Too much trouble to dig it up.
Re: Liquid Mana eh? 10/11/2007 02:46 PM CDT
I don't care what you say Opieus, that thread where he had a whole discussion by himself in the Shield folder was classic.

Tigarclaw, I'm not picking on you here. That really was hilarious and awesome.

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.
Re: Liquid Mana eh? 10/12/2007 02:02 AM CDT
>I don't care what you say Opieus, that thread where he had a whole discussion by himself in the Shield folder was classic.

True.