Stuff 07/29/2005 03:59 AM CDT
I hope the systems coming for this guild are a bit more complicated than prep/cast or rub/pour/carve/pour. There used to be very few systems out there that had multiple steps or stages. I'd like to see something along the lines of forging or tanning. Even fletching can be fairly complicated if you make els arrows and such. There are many steps from hunting to preparing the materials to final assembly. I think that simple formula can be applied to most every existing system in the game to make them all more interesting and rewarding for the person that chooses to invest the time and effort into their craft. I think everyone is fairly disappointed in the first three pathway quests. They're great for new people who cross over from games with similar quests or even those who are new to RPG's altogether. They're a bit disappointing for most of use though. The sad thing is, with as complex as some of the new quests have become, some people can still blast through them in a matter of minutes. I would hope that any upper level quests would require a more significant investment of time and effort, not to mention research. How about a quest that required more than a little puzzle solving? Maybe some actually history of the guild or even of the in-game events. It surprises me daily how many upper level mages have a fir talisman and no idea how that tree got there or that the tower that stands there hasn't been ruined since the day the room was created. There isn't a whole lot of direction in this post and it's certainly not meant as a criticism. I'm actually very optimistic that this guild is finally getting rounded out a bit. I'm just hoping it has a little more depth than prep/cast and rub/pour/carve/pour someday. And with the crew changing, I thought it might bear mentioning.

Unfortunately, this guild has a history of working in a viciuos cycle. GM crew starts small slapping together whatever projects were left uncompleted, makes a new plan, has a productive period, plans big stuff for the future, gets halfway done, leaves, new crew slaps together whatever projects were left uncompleted, makes a new plan, has a productive period, plans big stuff for the future, gets halfway done, leaves... Not that a lot doesn't get done sometimes, it just seems like such a small window of productivity and some very promising things end up being somewhat disappointing come release day.

I remember going from promisses of schools of magic, to calling them societies of magic, and what ever happened with those? I think it all blew over the day we finally got spellbooks. The Moon Mage guild got their sects(and good for them), upcoming career paths are planned to open up for all guilds, and I never once heard another word about these schools or societies or whatever you want to call them now that were going to be specific to this guild.
Re: Stuff 07/30/2005 06:46 PM CDT
<<I hope the systems coming for this guild are a bit more complicated than prep/cast or rub/pour/carve/pour. There used to be very few systems out there that had multiple steps or stages. I'd like to see something along the lines of forging or tanning.>>

It'll be more involved than that.

<<I remember going from promisses of schools of magic, to calling them societies of magic, and what ever happened with those?>>

Unfortunately not all teams have the same priorities, this is one of those cases. In all likelihood societies/schools/whatever you'd like to call them, probably won't be done, or at least not in the form originally envisioned. It's going to happen no matter what, people just see things differently, you can leave the best laid plans behind and people would still change them because they may see something they like better.

-Chakram

"NVNC ID VIDES, NVNC NE VIDES"

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before" - Mae West
Re: Stuff 07/30/2005 06:59 PM CDT
Any word on how long till WM Enchantment? Soon, not so soon or Not in your lifetime :) BTW Crosspost good luck on the proposal.

Strangeguard Prayermaster

You gesture at a sand sprite.
Its head soars through the air as its neck is entirely destroyed!
A sand sprite slowly falls to the ground, moaning in despair, shuddering in pain before taking her last breath.
Re: Stuff 07/30/2005 07:27 PM CDT
<<Any word on how long till WM Enchantment? Soon, not so soon or Not in your lifetime :) BTW Crosspost good luck on the proposal.>>

Not soon, the proposal is done I believe, but it actually has to be coded and I believe there are other things going on in regards to the system. And thanks!

-Chakram

"NVNC ID VIDES, NVNC NE VIDES"

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before" - Mae West
Re: Stuff 07/30/2005 08:09 PM CDT
Well that's good, approval is normally the hang up correct? At least I understand that alot of planned systems are hung up waiting for approval. Thanks for the update I can wait for not so soon, It's not in my lifetime that worries me hehe

Strangeguard Prayermaster

You gesture at a sand sprite.
Its head soars through the air as its neck is entirely destroyed!
A sand sprite slowly falls to the ground, moaning in despair, shuddering in pain before taking her last breath.