Rising Mists 10/22/2017 09:03 AM CDT
I'm sure this has been brought up before but the obfuscated exits functionality of rising mists breaks the functionality of travel plugins/scripts in rooms that share descriptions with other rooms. There's no way to release/dispel this spell either, so once you cast it you just have to deal with it until it goes away. I've heard folks say zephyr will blow it away but that's just not true. Either we need a way to release/dispel this effect or the exit hiding portion of the spell needs to go away.
Re: Rising Mists 10/22/2017 09:49 AM CDT

> I've heard folks say zephyr will blow it away but that's just not true.

Is this new? It used to work this way. What about frostbyte? Does that still freeze it?
Re: Rising Mists 10/22/2017 11:05 AM CDT
>I've heard folks say zephyr will blow it away but that's just not true.

Every time Zephyr pulses it reduces the duration of Rising Mists.

Documentation is a love letter you write to your future self.
Re: Rising Mists 10/22/2017 07:43 PM CDT
Good to know, but would still be really helpful if I could just release it, or remove it completely from the room if they won't just remove the completely unnecessary obscuring exits portion of the spell. At max cast that's still 40 pulses of zephyr. So that would, what, maybe half the duration?
Re: Rising Mists 10/25/2017 02:27 PM CDT
I'm not sure.. it breaks my third party plug-ins and scripts is a reason to change the way a spell functions.
Re: Rising Mists 10/29/2017 06:41 PM CDT
It wouldn't be a big deal if there weren't so many rooms with copy/pasted descriptions.
Re: Rising Mists 12/29/2017 01:09 AM CST
This is a bit of necromancy on my part. I've done limited experiments in the past that suggests Rising Mists ends son after the caster leaves the room, irrespective of the spell's duration or if anyone else remains behind with the mist. It's been awhile since I tested this, though.

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.
They're proud of them." -Raesh, on history