AOE cap 01/22/2016 12:46 AM CST
Not really a complaint, but seeing how the servers were updated I was wondering if there were any plans to lift the area cap of AOE tm and deb spells. I've noticed that barbarians don't seem to have any caps on their roars. Especially since us WM's have so many area spell's it's more than off putting to see it do so little.
Re: AOE cap 01/22/2016 07:29 AM CST

I believe the universal cap is 6, and that still applies to barbs?
Re: AOE cap 01/22/2016 07:48 AM CST
Are you referring to roaring a whole room? Or how magnetic balista can throw a whole room off balance?

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: AOE cap 01/22/2016 08:02 PM CST
Yay mab! Our only spell that affects an entire room.

Bring back the real Fire Rain and Chain Lightning.
Re: AOE cap 01/22/2016 10:59 PM CST
If the system allows for it, it might be nice to have a soft cap that rises with ranks for debilitation. DB ranks don't do a whole lot right now, so that would be a nice perk. I think it goes without saying that all effects should have to play by the same rules for caps, though, even if they weren't considered the effects that led to crashes.

That said, the real problem is in certain high intensity invasions. I'd like it better if these things were uncapped, with a switch that could be thrown at the GM level to cap them if needed. Because I'd rather the game stay up than hit one or two more things. There might be a few other things that such a switch could do, such as limit the total number of players fighting in a room, with the first ones in being combatants and the later ones in not being.

Example:

>slice rebel
It's too crowded here to see the Elpalzi rebel properly to target it! Try moving to another area.

- Saragos