early pathway quests 10/05/2014 06:33 AM CDT
The trollkin quest, I think for circle 14 or so, requires one to kill the trollkins with TM and I did that but couldn't hand in the quest because I didn't TARGET TROLLKIN then kill, then skin. I just used TARGET while facing. I'd love the quest to be fixed or just have the following sentence added to the quest blurb from the guild leader.

You must TARGET TROLLKIN or else your kills will not be counted.

The backup quest for many is snowbeasts but they are rather difficult to get to, even harder to kill and much harder to skin. I got the quest and managed to kill some but couldn't get a skin to save my life. No, I didn't use every buff and trick I could have. I didn't have a hand-held skinning knife. I didn't kneel at the corpse. I just stood and used a belt-worn knife. I was able to easily get around this problems but I've been playing a while. A brand new player would have a much harder time. Also, since this is the quest you're given if you fail the previous quest, it seems to me that the new quest should be either easier or equal in difficulty.

Think of the children.
Re: early pathway quests 01/15/2015 05:36 AM CST
Also they make you bring the dried and broken heartstone of a sun vulture not the vulture heart itself :( RAAAH RAAAH.
Re: early pathway quests 01/16/2015 05:37 PM CST
>Think of the children.

You seem to be talking about two different quests. Bringing a skin only checks the type of skin. Elanthipedia only has an example of one type of creature, all of them have multiple types.

Killing with TM counts kills that happen with TM, and is only required for Conserve at 10th. I recently (ish) fixed the TM kill quests, and I tested it with both target <spell> and prep <spell>, target. The issue that was occurring on these quests was that if they died a vitality death, you didn't get credit. There was also a bug with multi-shot spells, which we fixed.

>Also they make you bring the dried and broken heartstone of a sun vulture not the vulture heart itself :( RAAAH RAAAH.

Can you explain this a little more? I'll investigate when I get home from work.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: early pathway quests 01/16/2015 06:36 PM CST
The original post was from October, so his issue was likely fixed with the update.

I assume the vulture heart vs heartstone thing is that the skinned heart can be dried and turned into a heartstone. It sounds like he is saying the skinned item is not being accepted, but the processed one is.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: early pathway quests 01/17/2015 06:28 AM CST
<<I assume the vulture heart vs heartstone thing is that the skinned heart can be dried and turned into a heartstone. It sounds like he is saying the skinned item is not being accepted, but the processed one is.

^ This, exactly. I mean I guess its not really a big deal but, given the trouble you have to go through as a War Mage to get into the area to kill the vultures in the first place, having to then refine not once, but twice, the skin itself before the guildleader accepts it is enough to make you want to just wait 2 hours for another spin on the wheel.