Weapon Creation 03/23/2014 09:39 PM CDT
Even though I think I'd probably not use them anymore, I still tear up a little whenever there's a thread about Moonblade somewhere. I hope there are still plans to bring back the weapon-creation spells in SOME form, if only for the style points. Bonus if somebody has thought up a way to make them useful (make them enchantable?)

I miss fist-shape rocks and the word 'scythe.'

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.
Re: Weapon Creation 03/23/2014 11:01 PM CDT
mega ignite pole range SE's?

Re: Weapon Creation 03/28/2014 10:28 AM CDT
Seconded.

It was nice knowing that even if you're in your sunday best you still have a weapon you could always depend on.
Re: Weapon Creation 03/28/2014 10:37 AM CDT
I want to make a joke from Dr. Horrible about hammers here, but I think it would get my post pulled.

Anyway, as a WM, I think it would be cool if there were weapon creation feats which functioned like moonblade, where ranks and weapon feats effected stats. It would help make magic feel cool again, to me.
Re: Weapon Creation 03/29/2014 09:12 PM CDT
>Even though I think I'd probably not use them anymore, I still tear up a little whenever there's a thread about Moonblade somewhere. I hope there are still plans to bring back the weapon-creation spells in SOME form, if only for the style points. Bonus if somebody has thought up a way to make them useful (make them enchantable?)

Frost Scythe (also) does Cold damage, Ignote adds Fire damage, Moonblades...also damage attunement? Concentration? Spell integrity?
Re: Weapon Creation 03/29/2014 09:25 PM CDT
>>Moonblades...also damage attunement? Concentration? Spell integrity?

Nope.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Weapon Creation 03/30/2014 04:11 AM CDT
I would not expect any further enhancements to moonblade beyond what was already done with 3.1 unless we end up doing empower moonblade to restore the spell storage function. That mechanic is problematic on several levels, however, so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for it.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Weapon Creation 03/30/2014 05:43 AM CDT
>Moonblades...also damage attunement? Concentration? Spell integrity?

>Nope.

If we remove moonblade from the equation, and simple say 'a spell created weapon', is that possible? I suppose it would have to have terrible stats to remove any combat function?

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Weapon Creation 03/30/2014 06:25 AM CDT
Aetherblade antimagic weapons! I love it. Pull on your aether cloak and stab somebody with one!

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.
Re: Weapon Creation 03/31/2014 06:09 PM CDT
>>aether

An Aether lash(coil?) that snares the target with an anti magic/reversal - tangling them up in a debilitating ward... Like VOI but with everything.
make it barbed for an added visual effect.

I'd go for a giant aether sword through the spine to disrupt magic too or some knives to the head.