Prev_page Previous 1 3
Where are our percs? 03/02/2014 01:49 PM CST

I'm a War mage. We have: No mentors, no warmage events and now I see that when I cast spells from my own spellbook I get a penalty. What other guild get's a penalty?

You gesture.
A wispy, grey mist silently rises, droplet by droplet.
The conflicting nature of the spell diminishes you.

That must be our perc huh? What other guild get's a penalty for using their abilities?

What other guild has to type in extra commands just to get the most out of their main ability? Do barbs have to do something before each swing of the sword just to get the most out of it? Do moon mages have to add extra commands so their magic works to it's best potential? Does a trader have to do something before selling each pouch to get the best value?
What is the problem these GM's seem to have with Warrior Mages?

Cantrips and familars are worthless. I think the GM's will not be happy until we are just all sitting around Gauthus's pink arch knitting all day.
Re: Where are our percs? 03/02/2014 02:16 PM CST
>Cantrips and familars are worthless.

I guess you've never caught fleas or been set on fire.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Where are our percs? 03/02/2014 02:43 PM CST
>>What other guild get's a penalty?

All other guilds. If you really want to compare (and you shouldn't)...

Cleric spells can be turned off based on their devotion levels.
Moon Mage spells can be turned off based on how the moons are aligned, and using their sorcery can outright turn off an entirely separate system of theirs.
Empath spells can be turned off based on wanting to fight 95%+ of the critters in the game.
Necromancer spells can outright kill a Necromancer if they use them too much.
Paladin spells can be turned off based on their soul levels.
Ranger spells can be turned off based on if they're cast somewhere too urban.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Where are our percs? 03/02/2014 02:50 PM CST
>What other guild has to type in extra commands just to get the most out of their main ability?

Most of them. WM's get an innate ability to use theirs, and it comes with, basically, no drawbacks. You don't need items. It doesn't cause divine outrage. It doesn't prevent you from circling. It can't kill you. It doesn't even give you a negative other than reducing your bonus pool if you are aligned X and cast something diametrically opposed to X. Even stuff 'not X or anti X' builds the pool.

>Do barbs have to do something before each swing of the sword just to get the most out of it?

Since barbs 'swinging swords' are using a base mechanic and not a bonus ability, no. They do however have to type 'form X' or 'meditate Y' or 'berserk Z', all of which have penalties associated with the benefits they offer, and barb ability pool is a whole can of worms you don't want to delve into.

>Do moon mages have to add extra commands so their magic works to it's best potential?

Yes. They have to make sure there is a moon up. If there is not, half their spells don't even work. And there are periods of 0 moon coverage. Then there's the whole alignment/prediction system, and cloud coverage vs. constellations, and time of year vs. constellations...

>Does a trader have to do something before selling each pouch to get the best value?

Speculate finesse. Timer, cooldown. Plus they have to play a trader. Are you seriously trying to argue that WMs get screwed harder than traders?

>Cantrips and familars are worthless.

Here, let me give you something:
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/cantrip

Familiars are probably the best non-combat pet right now. They can deliver things almost anywhere. They don't die or need to be fed. They act as a locate AND shade mirror spell, without requiring moons or mana, and they boost your mana regen/spellcasting abilities. Oh and they can carry backpacks. Yes, they sure do suck, I could see how you'd be mad.

WMs aren't perfect. But complaining about align is pretty stupid, to be honest. It's one of the least painful confound mechanics in DR. Go play a cleric and juggle devotion, communes, devotion gaining rituals, etc. for a few dozen circles then tell me how much elemental alignment sucks.

Also, as someone else said, you're aligned to the opposite of water. Stop casting water spells, or change your alignment (oh god, I have to reduce my elemental charge to 0 and then kneel/sit for 30 seconds).
Re: Where are our percs? 03/02/2014 03:32 PM CST

These are good informative answers. I played years ago and since being back I see nothing good from the changes. So yes I complain. As far as my questions they are just that. I don't play all guilds. I play a warmage and only a warmage. So I don't know the ins and outs of the other guilds. Thank you for the insight on my questions. I can now see it's not just warmages that got harder. All guilds did.
Re: Where are our perks? 03/02/2014 07:37 PM CST
>>I can now see it's not just warmages that got harder. All guilds did.

If we're considering the Elemental Alignment system hard, then I'd estimate that most guilds would already have been "too hard" since the game's inception. With few exceptions they have always involved considerably more concern about bonus pool management and/or environmental factors than playing with a zero-sum bonus pool widget.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Where are our perks? 03/02/2014 08:33 PM CST
>>I played years ago and since being back I see nothing good from the changes. I can now see it's not just warmages that got harder. All guilds did.

sigh The game used to be SO much harder, but players' memories are short and some human beings tend to only remember the good things about an experience.

Please take note of the removal of permadeath, and the new improved favor system where you can depart without losing coins or items. And the removal of one-hit critical kills. And experience 3.0 that makes leveling 12,215 times easier :)

Pathways were introduced in 2004? Not quite a "new" thing, though the current implementation of Summoning abilities is only a year old.

>>Does a trader have to do something before selling each pouch to get the best value?

Yes, actually - they always have had to SPECULATE.

>>No mentors

Mentors are a player organization with GM support. I don't see how this has anything to do with making the game harder though? You should check out www.elanthipedia.org for a more complete set of info about the game.

>>Do barbs have to do something before each swing of the sword just to get the most out of it?

That is a loaded question. Most Guilds - have a wide assortment of Tactical, Combo and Maneuver options they can employ in battle. Non are technically required. Some are useful because of the skills they train. All require additional commands because that is how you bloody well interact with the game environment!

>>Cantrips and familiars

Cantrips were never meant to do much, and never did. Why complain about that?

Familiars have improved slightly. You can now get familiar alterations to drastically change their appearance. And someone is working on Pets 3.0 where they'll hopefully get the makeover we've all been waiting for.

I wish we could do more to help. Many of your complaints seem to lack substance.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Where are our perks? 03/03/2014 10:26 AM CST
First, I think the GMs are bright, productive, engaged, generous, cool and doing great work.

But am I wrong; has the game become so complex, with such an overabundant developmental focus on the technical side of game play, with so much new parsing of old skills peeled apart into multiple new skills and merging others into new skills, that we now have 10 times more variables to slog through?

From my perspective, the reasonable simplicity of previous generations was a good thing. I feel like this has become a game for physicists. I miss the glory days when the mysteries included whether or not intel or wisdom were most important for learning.

I never played for the numbers, I'm not a rocket scientist, in fact, I can only count up to 33. I feel like the growth in complexity has reached the silly stage. Again, not a slight to the GMs. I'm willing to drill whomever I feel deserves it, but the Kodiuses and Raesh's and the rest are total gold.

Not sure this is on topic - I'm just full of sadness :.(... <--crying
Re: Where are our perks? 03/03/2014 11:00 AM CST
>>But am I wrong; has the game become so complex, with such an overabundant developmental focus on the technical side of game play, with so much new parsing of old skills peeled apart into multiple new skills and merging others into new skills, that we now have 10 times more variables to slog through?

I think it's you.

The game is completely functional with a minimum amount of buy-in for the revamped systems. I think the problem is that people want easy while also wanting to maximize their potential, which I think is an unreasonable request.

You can enjoy the game just fine without wanting every single magic skill locked and having a perfect drain rate balance to keep your combats draining until you're done with your crafts which bleeds into when you can do survivals before you do combat again.

But people, especially veterans of the game, want to lock everything because otherwise they feel they're doing something wrong.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Where are our perks? 03/03/2014 11:12 AM CST
fine.

I do accept the fact that I may simply be too dumb to play. I mean that.
Re: Where are our perks? 03/03/2014 11:21 AM CST
>>I do accept the fact that I may simply be too dumb to play. I mean that.

I don't think it's a matter of being too dumb to play. I think it's a matter of people thinking they're playing wrong unless their exp display shows anything less than 30/34+ all the way down, when that's a metric of "playing right" that players themselves determined/created.

If you view 34/34 more as a buffer for the game telling you to slow down when it comes to training X vs a sign that you're performing at maximum efficiency, the game gets a lot less stressful. People have been playing this game for well over a decade, it's not like the game is going anywhere so there isn't necessarily a reason to make a mad dash toward the next milestone. I've been aiming to hit 500 forging for the last few months and I'm still crawling along just because I'm not going bonkers over keeping forging locked all day every day.

Re: Where are our perks? 03/03/2014 11:29 AM CST
I'm inclined to think that most issues of complexity have to do with adaptation to change rather than the naked difficulty of playing the class. We are also somewhat careful, though perhaps not as careful as we could have been, to gate extra levels of complexity based on skill or, in 3.1, spell slots. Sure RESEARCH and Symbioses are considerably more complex than straight casting, but outside the test environment you need to go out of your way to engage in those practices, they're not something newbies can (or should) partake in -- unless they want to actively seek it out, then hey.

Realtalk: the new-player experience in DR has always sucked, and we've only made incremental changes over the years. It needs a very significant overhaul, but I don't know anyone that has the time and energy to do it right now.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Where are our perks? 03/03/2014 11:45 AM CST
"Realtalk: the new-player experience in DR has always sucked, and we've only made incremental changes over the years. It needs a very significant overhaul, but I don't know anyone that has the time and energy to do it right now."

I feel I was very lucky. I had someone I could pitch questions to via AIM, and man did that help a lot. I think some avenue of OOC help, like this, would be awesome. Maybe a place where we could post our AIM or Skype or whatever, saying we are free to take questions when on there. This would be just a band aid solution, as a revamped newbie experience would absolutely be better, taking a new character through some combat and some crafting, etc. I know I'd volunteer, and I'm a total no lifer/always on.

Sorry for being off topic. I've been wanting to mention this for a bit. Maybe I can get someone to bite.

"Men rarely (if ever) manage to dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child." -Heinlein
Re: Where are our perks? 03/03/2014 09:42 PM CST
Summoning sucks, but it's not a difficult skill. Would be nice if it actually did something noticeable after circle 100.

Perks of being a warmage: Medicore at many things, insta lose to invisibility, and the ability of having to listen to everyone complain about our one good pvp spell.

- Erixx
Re: Where are our perks? 03/05/2014 03:27 PM CST

>prep cantrip gust o wind
You are now prepared to cast the Gust of Wind cantrip.
>
A ship's rat scurries into view.
>gest rat
You gesture at the dead ship's rat, and a gust of wind swirls up around you.

Suddenly, a colossal blast of air strikes the rat's corpse! The corpse is picked up by the wind and hurled north, flopping wildly like a macabre marionette!

War mages may not have the best of anything but no other guild can have as much fun as we can with their abilties.
Re: Where are our perks? 03/06/2014 09:14 AM CST
I hate to bust on GM's and long time players but I don't think you even know what the basis behind this complaint is. Or maybe you are just so defensive you're more worried about what you think and not what he's talking about. Either way....
I can see where this guy is coming from. Pathways are now extra steps that take time in situations where every second counts, Unlike before they were always available for use or had a small downtime before you could use them, where now you have to stop, sit prone and build up energy to use them. Not a problem when you are just training but a huge problem if you are hunting. Personally I don't use them, never have and never will. Not worth the effert or risk IMO. As far as familars I'm a bit tired of the same old generic fams myself. Yes I can pay extra money for a fest or to be a premie to get an alteration or pay thousands of plats I'll never be able to make as a warmage at my level because face it, we have nothing that brings in extra coin. So unless you're so big you don't need the extra help to be rich, hunting will do this at those levels, So it's either pay $20-$50 extra a month to Simu or you have to pay other players real money for the plats to get something besides a chubby bear or a spotted leopard. (Maybe this is the reason for this to begin with.)
Maybe this game is designed for a certain few and the rest of us are just here to pay for it. I don't know. But what I do know is this. In the game GM's tell you to come here with questions instead of bothering them with them. This guy did and all you do is jump all over him. I think this is why he wants a WM mentor. To avoid the frustration of know-it-all's not only NOT giving him answers but jumping on him and mocking him for daring to ask them.
This is the complaint department isn't it? What do you expect here?

~Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: Where are our perks? 03/06/2014 09:42 AM CST
I am a bit late to the party here but if you need any wm related help, you can look me up ingame or in IM. My IM is in my Profile in game.

- Starlear -
Re: Where are our perks? 03/06/2014 11:17 AM CST
>where now you have to stop, sit prone and build up energy to use them.

Nope. Do not pass go, do not collect 200$. That's not remotely how you are 'supposed' to build elemental charge, and it's one of the reasons people were dismissive. You (and the OP) came back after a long break and half-understand a ton of new systems, and ragepost about it, because your half understanding means ALL OF THIS STUFF SUCKS! Plus it's all new and requires effort to relearn, which sucks too.

>pay thousands of plats I'll never be able to make as a warmage at my level because face it, we have nothing that brings in extra coin

A) Lore secondary. Crafting systems, bam, tons of cash there, easy, and you get all sorts of bonuses, and that's only playing to the workorder system

B) Having the highest number of AoE damage spells, the most autonomous damage spells (MaB, the 'I am now a human blender' ice spell, etc.), and the highest number of AoE cyclic TM spells REALLY DOES CRIPPLE YOUR ABILITY TO MAKE CASH. And you can do all of these while in melee combat swinging a @#$% weapon too. Man that sucks so much, I don't see how you could EVER make money.

>This is the complaint department isn't it? What do you expect here?

Well, you could try, instead of going 'this sucks and you suck and the whole game sucks' posting polite questions, remaining calm and saying 'Hey, I'm really frustrated with this, can someone explain how it works because it just seems to suck as is' or something similar. Instead, you and the OP posted as though you were the end-all, be-all of knowledge about the game, when, well, you've got a lot of serious flaws in your knowledge and calmly asking how systems worked instead of rageposting goes a lot further.

Overall, I thought the OP got some useful and polite answers, especially given how WMs really aren't bad in the grand scheme of the game.
Re: Where are our perks? 03/06/2014 11:32 AM CST
I think the complaints i have as far as warmages go, is just about any other class right now. GMs are trying to fix and expand upon 3.0. Somethings didn't come out the way they wanted, or hoped. Warmages issues mostly came from 3.0. Like most guilds. I like the warmage direction, but lot of the spells and calculations need a bit of a polish. The pathway system is okay, its just takes a bit to get use to. The summoning part of it, is different. Needs a little bit more systems tied to it. To help it more useful. I do like the idea. I not sure how folks can really complain about how warmage spells showoff how powerful warmages are with combat magic. Calculations need a little more tweaking, and I do kinda like the idea of SD doing nerve damage, to help out the warmage a bit more, course that nich is somewhat limited.

My biggest complaint is there is a chunk of players who don't give GMs enough credit for the hard work they put in. And they sit here day after day, listening to everything they done wrong, and rarely hear about what they did right. I have faith they are all working on it. Certain things are higher on the list than others. What we think should be a quick and fast fix, "just takes a minute to change that", doesn't.
Re: Where are our perks? 03/06/2014 12:59 PM CST
3.1 really does address most of the magic numbers issues. As for the rest of the complaints, their hostility is very draining to read. For those who lived through the actual lean years, where there was no WM development at all, and no staff communication (except to say "smitty"), this is a much better environment.

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.
Re: Where are our perks? 03/06/2014 01:25 PM CST
>>> Unlike before they were always available for use or had a small downtime before you could use them, where now you have to stop, sit prone and build up energy to use them

Another late response, but no one has really pointed out the alternative. You are supposed to align to an element and cast spells from that element to build charge and avoid casting spells of the opposing element so that you don't lose some elemental charge. If you are aligned to fire and cast ice patch it isn't the end of the world, you just lose some charge that can easily be built back up again by casting fire shard, ignite or mark of arhat even as a young mage. Alternately you could use a disabler from any spell book besides water.
Re: Where are our perks? 03/06/2014 02:26 PM CST
Your alignment isn't permanent, either. If you need to spam ice patch, realign water for your next outing and reap the benefits of an extra barrage or two, or float a pathway your whole hunt!

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.
Re: Where are our perks? 03/07/2014 02:47 PM CST
>>>>>Another late response, but no one has really pointed out the alternative. You are supposed to align to an element and cast spells from that element to build charge and avoid casting spells of the opposing element so that you don't lose some elemental charge. If you are aligned to fire and cast ice patch it isn't the end of the world, you just lose some charge that can easily be built back up again by casting fire shard, ignite or mark of arhat even as a young mage. Alternately you could use a disabler from any spell book besides water.

I think this was addressed also. You lose a book this way. There is no other way to put it. If you have to avoid using certain spells than you lose a whole book. Twist that any way you like. But you can't sit there and tell the guy that he doesn't lose a whole book of spells and at the same time tell him to avoid them. Not having them or being told not to use them is the same thing. No wonder this guy is mad and confused. You people are contradicting yourself and being critical because he can't get your meaning.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: Where are our perks? 03/07/2014 03:02 PM CST
>I think this was addressed also. You lose a book this way. There is no other way to put it. If you have to avoid using certain spells than you lose a whole book. Twist that any way you like. But you can't sit there and tell the guy that he doesn't lose a whole book of spells and at the same time tell him to avoid them. Not having them or being told not to use them is the same thing. No wonder this guy is mad and confused. You people are contradicting yourself and being critical because he can't get your meaning.

You don't lose a book with aligning though. What don't -you get-
Re: Where are our perks? 03/07/2014 04:30 PM CST
Somewhere along the line we conflated the notions of being lightly disincentivized from using a spellbook with being barred from using a spellbook.

-Armifer
Re: Where are our perks? 03/07/2014 04:51 PM CST
I rather enjoy our guild.

My soul objections come down to 3 things.

1) No combat familiars (I hear Pets 3.0 is being worked on)

2) No actual advocate.. It comes down to someone who pays attention to our ideas and engages with us, specifically. Team magic does a good job but you guys are all advocating other guilds too.

3) This is a lore objection.. but I object to any system which forces us to emphasize one element over another which is in turn rewarded by the guild. The guild's lore is strongly against this. The formation of the guild was specifically done to stop the cabals from warring and to keep us from blowing up the world. And now the guild ties our circling around making a decision to emphasize an element. Slippery slope!

To the original person who posted this, I think you just don't completely understand all our systems. Understandable my friend. A lot has changed and as Starrfire posted, I can be reached at My AIM ID which is in Elriic's profile and I'm more than happy to let you ask me whatever you want. I can help you play to our strengths.

--

In memory of Lisa/Martee. Passed 6/17/2013. A friend. A sister.
Re: Where are our perks? 03/07/2014 04:53 PM CST
>>1) No combat familiars (I hear Pets 3.0 is being worked on)

I'm not sure what the status of Pets 3 is at the moment, but I will go on record saying that we do intend WMs to have combat pets (probably specifically-summoned elementals rather than your pet gerbil, though).

-Armifer
Re: Where are our perks? 03/07/2014 04:57 PM CST

>>I'm not sure what the status of Pets 3 is at the moment, but I will go on record saying that we do intend WMs to have combat pets (probably specifically-summoned elementals rather than your pet gerbil, though).

Pardon the drool on your shoes.

--

In memory of Lisa/Martee. Passed 6/17/2013. A friend. A sister.
Re: Where are our perks? 03/08/2014 10:11 AM CST
I've been hearing about combat fams for far to long to have any faith that we will get them anytime soon. I'd rather see the stealth evasion dropped back down to what it used to be for cloth armor and not just a flat hindrance because of it's class. When cloth first came out it was the greatest thing that could happen to the stealthy mage. Now it's no better than leather or bone for hiding which makes it obsolete.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: Where are our perks? 03/08/2014 10:25 AM CST

I meant stealth hindrance.. It's early and I'm on my first cup of coffee ;)

~Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: Where are our perks? 03/08/2014 11:21 AM CST
>http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Dragon%20Realms%203.1%20Test/Combat/view/828

Maybe that will help? 3.1 is the 'soon' deployment, 3.2 is supposed to start addressing other, non-magic based, issues. Granted, 3.1 still doesn't have a release date, but that's more because they're trying to get it right rather than just get it out.

As for combat fams: pets 3.0 or pets 2.0 or whatever it's going to be is basically holding it up, at this point. They're intending to rewrite all of the pet code so that it runs through a central core set of abilities rather than each one being completely new and unique. Makes it easier to develop for.
Re: Where are our perks? 03/08/2014 11:47 AM CST

>>>>>ME: If you are aligned to fire and cast ice patch it isn't the end of the world, you just lose some charge that can easily be built back up again by casting fire shard, ignite or mark of arhat even as a young mage.

>>>>>SAXXIN: If you have to avoid using certain spells than you lose a whole book. Twist that any way you like. But you can't sit there and tell the guy that he doesn't lose a whole book of spells and at the same time tell him to avoid them. Not having them or being told not to use them is the same thing.

I am pretty sure I said that it wasn't a big deal if you did use spells opposite to your alignment as I showed in the quote of myself above.
Re: Where are our perks? 03/08/2014 11:52 AM CST
As far as Magic goes, 3.2 is currently Trader magic, a review of Barrier spell mechanics, and whatever else we feel the need to stuff in there. I am honestly uncertain what non-Magic projects are slated for it. While I want Trader magic to be our primary focus, it should not preclude other spell development at that point. 3.1 finally frees us up to go back to normal (albeit, as I'm sure someone will point out, slow) spell development.

This is a roundabout way of saying if you have any spell ideas you want to get off your chest, it's becoming a decent time to start up threads about them.

-Armifer
Re: Where are our perks? 03/08/2014 12:46 PM CST
>>I've been hearing about combat fams for far to long to have any faith that we will get them anytime soon. I'd rather see the stealth evasion dropped back down to what it used to be for cloth armor and not just a flat hindrance because of it's class. When cloth first came out it was the greatest thing that could happen to the stealthy mage. Now it's no better than leather or bone for hiding which makes it obsolete.

Got tired of the beating you were taking in the armor folder when everyone pointed out how wrong you were about cloth armor, so you decided to move over here?
Re: Where are our perks? 03/08/2014 01:01 PM CST
>>As for combat fams: pets 3.0 or pets 2.0 or whatever it's going to be is basically holding it up, at this point. They're intending to rewrite all of the pet code so that it runs through a central core set of abilities rather than each one being completely new and unique. Makes it easier to develop for.

Well, I hate to use the phrase 'holding it up', but it's sorta true. Though we're beyond intended as well, since the finer details of the project were approved months ago, and a limited pet core system has now been written with a few of the dozens of features coded and working.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Magic, Sentients Team Member
Cleric Advocate
Re: Where are our perks? 03/08/2014 06:07 PM CST
>and a limited pet core system has now been written with a few of the dozens of features coded and working.

fistpumpsovdoom
Re: Where are our perks? 03/08/2014 07:24 PM CST

I assume a combat pet can be killed in pvp?
- Buuwl
Re: Where are our perks? 03/08/2014 09:20 PM CST
Keep in mind "3.1" started off as "Magic 3.1" and grew to include thieves and combat and prediction and blah blah blah.

The major intent for Magic 3.2 is as follows:

Trader Magic
Barrier Review
Sorcery Improvements (This is mostly putting in place the technology we need to develop sorcery in the future, such as Cleric and WM sorcery, and likely won't be that visible to players at first).

Will that scope grow? Likely, but we're going to try really hard to keep it from sprawling so badly. Do note that due to the sweeping changes that will need to be made for Trader magic we are likely to have to go back under a partial release lockdown for the duration of it, but we'll try and minimize the impact (So, like, core magic changes couldn't be implemented but new spells could be).

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Where are our perks? 03/09/2014 08:20 PM CDT
Trader magic? I didn't even know they had magic. Why does a trader need magic? I'm sure you know but never playing a trader I wouldn't.

Any WM magic on that list? We sure could use a perception boost spell and a better spell than RM to boost hiding. RM is great for hunting but for PVP it's not a good option. We're blind as it is being survival tert. The last thing we need is to help the other guy hide.

On a side note is something wrong with YS or just the messaging? I love that we can see it's active with the lesser RT of perceiving compared to appraising the armor but I see no difference when I cast it. Is it bugged or tweaked down?

Re: Where are our perks? 03/09/2014 08:52 PM CDT
>Trader magic? I didn't even know they had magic. Why does a trader need magic? I'm sure you know but never playing a trader I wouldn't.

Tapdancing zombie blasphemy of choice, really?

I'm just going to ignore you, this is beyond stupid.
Prev_page Previous 1 3