Technique bonuses 03/07/2013 04:21 PM CST
I don't know about anyone else, but it kind of annoys me that we have identical technique bonuses to Moon Mages. I mean, we're Warrior Mages. Wouldn't our guild encourage us towards crafting disciplines that support combat more?
Re: Technique bonuses 03/07/2013 04:55 PM CST
>I don't know about anyone else, but it kind of annoys me that we have identical technique bonuses to Moon Mages. I mean, we're Warrior Mages. Wouldn't our guild encourage us towards crafting disciplines that support combat more?

In the grand scheme of things, one guild bonus tech is not going to make any difference either way in specializations for crafting.
Re: Technique bonuses 03/07/2013 05:41 PM CST
While I agree with the comment of one tech not making a difference for specializations, it doesn't address the OP's comment about the difference between warrior mages and moon mages.

When I saw the bonus techs for warmies, I was ok with where the bonus techs were given how I play my warmie. I wear big armor and wield big weapons, but I've always seen my character as more intellectual than brawn. (even if my highest stat is strength...)
Re: Technique bonuses 03/07/2013 06:06 PM CST
The Tech allocations are more to do with the fact that Warrior Mages are magic prime. They do have the same bonus techs as Moon Mages as well as Clerics. I think the emphasis needs to not be that they are Warrior Mages but rather that they are Warrior Mages.
Re: Technique bonuses 03/07/2013 06:57 PM CST
Or in your case, a Mage Warrior
Re: Technique bonuses 03/08/2013 12:45 AM CST
When the bonus techs were decided, enchanting was still a big question mark (and might be still?). I could see them changing once we have a solid understanding of what each tree will do. Moon Mages could get two slots for runecrafting, for example, while Warrior Mages get two for whatever enchanting discipline would add elemental damage to weapons.
Re: Technique bonuses 03/09/2013 02:06 AM CST

I would suggest they ditch the original plan and go with:

1 weaponsmithing, 1 binding, 1 evoking.

That would fit much more closely into what a Warrior Mage is. Kodius, are you listening? :D

<<"earning too little skinning experience for a day or so isn't nearly as bad as having a spell that breaks your wings."
Re: Technique bonuses 03/09/2013 03:44 AM CST
I'd rather 3 techs that made for the harvesting and creation process of items of mass magic destruction...just like the guild's theme, the guild of warrior magic

Why weaponsmithing?
picking from the basic edge, blunt, repair, or tempering, that's a wasted tech slot that requires lots of training to get much use out of.
Even with the extra tech you get from having to learn up to that point to get the free one.
And they could prolly just make a spell that boosted forging like the bard's have that would work so much better, since its in the SOI.

If we are just going to pick and choose what techs we just want, then:
Carving or outfitting for either of the arrange all skinning techs.
Blacksmithing for basic smelting and then use the other tech from normal learning for metal refining.
Whatever enchanting discipline goes into harvesting sigils.

Demand less.