Something about the area 09/22/2012 09:29 AM CDT
Now, I can see the logic in some areas being anti-familiar. Barbarian territory and the like... understandable. But why oh why is this room in Riverhaven anti-familiar?

[Riverhaven, Ring Road East]
The ring road meets the bitter end of the river road here at the point where the town wall runs out into the river to the brooding Eastern Tower. A commercial salt vendor dominates the area, white mounds of glittering crystals piled high like a miniature mountain range.
Obvious paths: north, south.
[Script]>pow
You reach out with your senses and see dull streams of roiling Elemental mana coursing through the area.
Letting your senses extend further, you feel there is immensely more mana to the south, and immensely more mana to the north.
You feel something about this area will repel familiars.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Something about the area 09/22/2012 09:53 AM CDT
Salt is the natural enemy of aether constructions.

The Shard Sentinel nods to Alexii and says, "Yes, you may pass."
Alexii says, "Sucker!"
Re: Something about the area 09/22/2012 11:50 AM CDT
If I had to guess, the entire area is no-fam? There's a barge right there, might have something to do with it, or maybe there was an event there at some point and the GM forgot to toggle off no-fam.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Something about the area 09/22/2012 07:48 PM CDT
there's no barge there, this is in town itself, not in the salt-crab area.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Something about the area 09/22/2012 10:27 PM CDT
>there's no barge there, this is in town itself, not in the salt-crab area.

Feh, not familiar enough with Haven to know, woops. I want to say that random rooms along the east side have always been no locate/teleport/fam though?

/pun

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.