Sorcery and Magic 3.0 WM Hoodoo 05/11/2010 10:47 AM CDT
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere in this forum - I've glanced a number of the posts and haven't seen it hinted at yet. If there's response elsewhere, I'd appreciate a link :)

Blackfire's not going to happen...okay. From a game balance perspective, I'm alright with that. I wish there was a way to work it into permanent learning, but I'll not lose any (more) sleep over the decision to shelf that particular development.

That said - what plans for other WM sorceries are in the works? Conceptually, what direction would dangerous/illegal/frowned upon elemental magic take, if not the forbidden blackfire? And what needs might those spells help address in terms of the guild's current tool set?

I'm more a fan of sorcery than I am of blackfire specifically, so I'm rather curious about the things to come.

"Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."
Re: Sorcery and Magic 3.0 WM Hoodoo 05/12/2010 08:26 AM CDT
>>That said - what plans for other WM sorceries are in the works? Conceptually, what direction would dangerous/illegal/frowned upon elemental magic take, if not the forbidden blackfire? And what needs might those spells help address in terms of the guild's current tool set?

>>I'm more a fan of sorcery than I am of blackfire specifically, so I'm rather curious about the things to come.

The discussion you're looking for is actually located a little further up the page on this forum, starting at post 4875. There hasn't been a lot of clarification as to what the new sorcery for WMs will be, though per GM Zeyurn:

>>Take a look at Moon Mage sorcery spells for examples. They're not actually particularly more powerful. We'd like widely usable sorcery to explore stranger areas of more high wizardry instead of be 'awesomer death bolt'.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=35&topic=5&message=4891

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Sorcery and Magic 3.0 WM Hoodoo 05/12/2010 09:39 AM CDT
Thanks for the reply.

I actually caught that quote, but that's basically the answer I was looking for - spells leaning toward utility instead of more raw damage and/or pure cambat application is actually something I've always wanted to see in the other spellbooks. It'll be interesting to see what comes of it. So long as I can waste spell slots on rare and interesting magic I'll be happy!

"Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."
Re: Sorcery and Magic 3.0 WM Hoodoo 05/12/2010 09:46 AM CDT
http://images4.pocket-lint.com/images/syvs/batcam-incoming-batman-licencing-deal-done-0.jpg