Donation Racks 01/14/2010 12:30 PM CST
Is there a bandwagon for donation box concerns yet?

Is there a good reason someone dumped three dozen bronze armbands on the crossing rack? Maybe the point of that just escapes me.

I would Really like a way to deal with the stuff that ends up on these things that belongs either in the cleric donation chest or the wood bin.

Especially in Haven where there's no general donation box.

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: Donation Racks 01/14/2010 04:49 PM CST
>> Is there a good reason someone dumped three dozen bronze armbands on the crossing rack? Maybe the point of that just escapes me.

Did you actually check them or just look at the short description? Because they're probably cambrinth.

Rev. Reene

<Szrael> Should have just gone for gorbesh again
<Szrael> And released the pirate guild or something
<Szrael> Tote would be an okay pirate
Re: Donation Racks 01/14/2010 05:43 PM CST
Hey, you're right. They're verby cambrinth at that.

...I'm still mildly annoyed at there being fourty-odd of them on there.

Re: Donation Racks 01/14/2010 05:55 PM CST
They go pretty quick in my experience.

The bronze ones are also lower capacity which means newbies can use them.

WTB new cambrinth items being sold at the Crossing Artificer.

Rev. Reene

<Szrael> Should have just gone for gorbesh again
<Szrael> And released the pirate guild or something
<Szrael> Tote would be an okay pirate
Re: Donation Racks 01/14/2010 05:57 PM CST
>The bronze ones are also lower capacity which means newbies can use them.

Oh? Well that works, then. What do they fill to?

...for unrelated reasons, then, we still need a way to manage the rack.

Re: Donation Racks 01/14/2010 09:55 PM CST
Also, what level are the donation racks open for? My third level Warrior Mage can't get stuff off there.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Expert Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: Donation Racks 01/15/2010 03:11 AM CST
I do think the donation racks could be better organized. I don't even know how much can be on them but it seems like whenever I look it is overflowing.

Maybe add a sorting system, placing items into bins by type (Armor, Weapon, Juggling/Origami, Music, Magic, Misc...). Add a similar command to SHOP. Allow mentors or some other class of players (circle based?) to prune. Suddenly it is a very usable system, but would enough players use it for it to be worth it?
Re: Donation Racks 01/15/2010 10:21 AM CST
>WTB new cambrinth items being sold at the Crossing Artificer.

Seriously. Do we have a communist system? There's no way the busiest city in the world wouldn't sell basic magic items.

You lick the dirt and discover that it tastes like dirt.
Re: Donation Racks 01/15/2010 10:39 AM CST
haven and shard aren't that far of a walk

You glance down to see a severed thumb in your right hand and a severed thumb in your left hand.
Re: Donation Racks 01/15/2010 10:53 AM CST
>>haven and shard aren't that far of a walk

For true newbies? Really?

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Also: Moo.
Re: Donation Racks 01/15/2010 11:00 AM CST
>For true newbies? Really?

Sure, for Haven you just trudge through mud, pass a giant volcano, and them swim across a giant river. It only takes like 5 web pages worth of maps to get there.

Or for Shard, you swim across a raging river, wind your way through a spider web, and the city of Leth, past killer snowbeasts, and then you climb through a massive chasm.

Even better, you can skip the survival tests by bringing coin of the correct currency, and waiting a long time.

/sarcasm

Re: Donation Racks 01/15/2010 11:34 AM CST
HTML error
where does sarcasm begin?

You glance down to see a severed thumb in your right hand and a severed thumb in your left hand.
Re: Donation Racks 01/15/2010 11:43 AM CST
>HTML error
>where does sarcasm begin?

In my case, I think it was at birth.

Re: Donation Racks 01/17/2010 07:25 PM CST
If I remember correctly, there is an area, somewhat inobvious, in the WM guild that is accessible only for low circle characters that has cambrinth rings available for sale.

~Kyn (Kynevon)

DR-SOCHARIS
Attempting to update appraisal is like sticking my head face-first into a bucket of angry weasels.
Re: Donation Racks 01/17/2010 07:36 PM CST
>there is an area, somewhat inobvious, in the WM guild that is accessible only for low circle characters that has cambrinth rings available for sale.

There is indeed. From outside I believe it's, go door, climb stair, e, go door, go door. It's near the ranges, I believe, but through a different portal. There were a ton of cambrinth armbands/pendants/anklets on the donation rack. I couldn't get one on my 3rd circle character for some reason, and I'm not sure why.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Expert Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer