Icy flashpoint? 03/02/2009 10:26 PM CST
Some letter or something for a Pathway quest happened to freeze and shatter when I forgot about the thing long enough and it expired.

It was really cool. I want to throw stuff away like that.

"...I am inclined to think the focus of the [Warmage's] spellbook should be ways to make things explode, to help you make things explode, or to assist your victim in exploding." -Armifer
Re: Icy flashpoint? 03/03/2009 11:13 AM CST
yeah those letters burst into flames, fly into the air, or i think an imp sometimes comes and gets them back(maybe I'm thinking of something else on the imp.)
and a flashpoint'ish cantrip for each element would be neat, a little whirlwind, a chaotic fissure that opens and you toss it in as it snaps shut, a fireworks like explosion and when it's gone so's the item, or hell.. this could be 'steel' or even any guild, just toss the item in the air and hit it with your weapon to slice it in half(kind of like the barb rune thing I guess)... just so ideas..

Re: Icy flashpoint? 03/03/2009 11:48 AM CST
Make it something Cabal-driven. Those of us who have Flashpoint and like the fact that it's fiery don't want redundant cantrips.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Icy flashpoint? 03/03/2009 01:54 PM CST
>Make it something Cabal-driven. Those of us who have Flashpoint and ... don't want redundant cantrips.

I just epic failed to understand this position.
You want to not have another cool toy because you already have one cool toy? They're only cantrips. We're getting something like 12 of them this year.

"...I am inclined to think the focus of the [Warmage's] spellbook should be ways to make things explode, to help you make things explode, or to assist your victim in exploding." -Armifer
Re: Icy flashpoint? 03/03/2009 03:02 PM CST
I want Electric Charge and Will O'Wisp for every element now.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Icy flashpoint? 03/03/2009 05:14 PM CST
>>Make it something Cabal-driven.

If I get to the point where I run out of ideas and want to create redundant cantrips, cabals are the outlet I'll most likely use. Since you'll only be able to belong to one cabal, you'll only have access to one of these cantrips.

For most cantrips that offer identical mechanics dressed up with fancy element-specific messaging, I'll be creating a single cantrip and slotting it in the multi-element cantrip list.

- GM Wythor

What goes up
is futile --
unless it goes out