Cantrip idea 06/28/2008 12:52 PM CDT
Crystalize Ice is GREAT! When we obtain the title of Jaal Getha can we get another cantrip to sharpen the weapons we create?

Fair slice ME is the pits (its so neat to have a weapon anywhere though)...and for being a late tier cantrip I dont think it would be unreasonable.

prep can ice shape

gest scythe slice

You focus the pattern of your cantrip on the short handled frost-scythe blade, honing the edge for better slicing. You feel the scythe grow heavier in your hands.

gest scythe puncture etc.

Could have another for the Ker Gethas out there, stone shape.

gest fist impact

I'm not saying it should be a kertig scimitar in your hands but the ability to hone to a moderate/heavy slicer, with a weight trade, would be groovy.

I dont know...maybe it would tank the market for forged blades.

Red

Redeth smiles and points at you with her right hand, then taps herself in the chest with her left. She raises both her hands in the air and whirls both around and then brings them together in a sharp crack of flesh on flesh.

Translation: go time
Re: Cantrip idea 06/28/2008 02:03 PM CDT
This would be too powerful for a cantrip. Also, the summoned weapons are already quite good.

-Sephos
Re: Cantrip idea 06/28/2008 02:30 PM CDT
>>This would be too powerful for a cantrip. Also, the summoned weapons are already quite below storebought quality<<

Fixed. =(

- Mazrian
Re: Cantrip idea 06/28/2008 03:32 PM CDT
What store bought HT is better than this?

A large stone fist is a heavy thrown and heavy blunt melee-ranged weapon.
You are certain that it could do:
no puncture damage
no slice damage
heavy impact damage
You are certain that the fist is fairly balanced and is reasonably suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.
You are certain that the large stone fist is of average strength, and is in pristine condition.
You are certain that the large stone fist weighs exactly 60 stones.
You are certain that the large stone fist is worth exactly nothing.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

-Sephos
Re: Cantrip idea 06/28/2008 03:34 PM CDT
I think all of both FoS and FrS were modeled after store bought melee weapons, and thrown was tacked on. Some of them are excellent thrown weapons, but for melee, they're standard.

Elemancer Opieus, Journeyman Warrior Mage of Elanthia
>Aren't I pretty, now fall down on my ice, fool! ~ Axillus
Re: Cantrip idea 06/28/2008 03:46 PM CDT
>>I think all of both FoS and FrS were modeled after store bought melee weapons, and thrown was tacked on.

All of the weapons are based directly on throwable weapons (storebought or not), with the final stats adjusted to reflect the nature of the weapon (scythe = slice, fist = impact).

- GM Wythor

What goes up
is futile --
unless it goes out
Re: Cantrip idea 06/28/2008 03:46 PM CDT
Probably the boar clan throwing weapons? Don't know that for a fact though I have yet to visit the shop.
Re: Cantrip idea 06/28/2008 03:49 PM CDT
A square-faced throwing hammer made of pitted black iron is a heavy thrown and heavy blunt melee-ranged weapon.
no puncture damage
no slice damage
heavy impact damage
You are certain that the hammer is fairly balanced and is reasonably suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.
You are certain that the throwing hammer is fairly sturdy, and is in pristine condition.
The throwing hammer is made with metal.
You are certain that the throwing hammer weighs exactly 40 stones.

Nearly identical (different weight) to the square faced throwing hammer, which is one of the most sought after HT in the game. A pretty sweet deal, really, so stop complaining.

-Sephos
Re: Cantrip idea 06/28/2008 04:13 PM CDT
>A pretty sweet deal, really, so stop complaining.

It's definitely a sweet deal, but one incarnation of one of the spells isn't anything to go batty about. I use it in places where creatures damage weapons a lot, and just deal with the slower kill rate. I wish we could make them permanent with some ability/skill, but that's been rejected repeatedly.

Re: Cantrip idea 06/28/2008 11:31 PM CDT
<<It's definitely a sweet deal, but one incarnation of one of the spells isn't anything to go batty about. I use it in places where creatures damage weapons a lot, and just deal with the slower kill rate. I wish we could make them permanent with some ability/skill, but that's been rejected repeatedly.>>

With the use of the Crystilize ice cantrip I get a little over 7 anlean of play time with FRS weapons. Personally I think that is great. I create three of the big heavy thrown scythes before a hunt, use them and discard them when the hunt is over. I find using three of them I never have to worry about my weapon being stuck in the critter, it is always dead before the third one sticks. FRS spell and the Cry Ice cantrip have renewed my interest in Heavy thrown, I am currently trying to get it up to secondary weapon status. There really is no need for them to be made permanent.

A long hafted frost-bladed scythe is a heavy thrown and two-handed edged melee-ranged weapon.

low puncture damage
great slice damage
heavy impact damage

You are certain that the scythe is poorly balanced and is reasonably suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the frost-bladed scythe is fairly sturdy, and is in pristine condition.

Wabo
Re: Cantrip idea 06/28/2008 11:44 PM CDT
>There really is no need for them to be made permanent.

Except so we could give them to people who don't have the spell, or even access to it.

Re: Cantrip idea 06/28/2008 11:49 PM CDT
>> Except so we could give them to people who don't have the spell, or even access to it.

Sounds like the sort of thing best reserved for a very high level enchantment.

Rev. Reene

"And if you should die explainin' how the things that they complain about
Are things they could be changin', who do you think's gonna care?"
Re: Cantrip idea 06/28/2008 11:52 PM CDT
>Sounds like the sort of thing best reserved for a very high level enchantment.

Keep ice from melting, or stone from crumbling... What's your idea of a low level enchantment? The skill is supposed to be trainable from 0 ranks and do something useful all the way up. Seems like a very basic elemental enchant to me.

Re: Cantrip idea 06/29/2008 10:29 PM CDT
The weapons are outstanding actually for coming out of thin air anywhere we want. We can pretty much make a 150 plat hammer anytime we want. The stats on the 36+ mana frost scythe are sick too.

Not every single weapon is tip top, but we have way more than I would have ever asked for. Free invasion throwaways if nothing else.

Making them permanent would only make the greatness of them go away. Within a few weeks everyone would have one. If you didn't know duration is directly related to your harness skill. 700 harness would let you break 7 anlean, 600 harness would be 6 anlean, 1000 for 10 anlean etc.

So if you find a 80+ mage you can get a pretty long lasting weapon for free(if they're nice).

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n142/Sirzason/wmsheet2.jpg

a black panther comes flying into view! it hits the ground, bouncing once before sliding to a stop.
A black panther is stunned!
Re: Cantrip idea 06/30/2008 10:58 AM CDT
I really need to train ht. Or even LT. Vinjince hammered me with throwing knives in like nothing flat...and it was stylish.

Red

Redeth smiles and points at you with her right hand, then taps herself in the chest with her left. She raises both her hands in the air and whirls both around and then brings them together in a sharp crack of flesh on flesh.

Translation: go time
Re: Cantrip idea 06/30/2008 02:34 PM CDT
>Vinjince hammered me with throwing knives in like nothing flat...and it was stylish.

He definitely is one fancy feline.

Re: Cantrip idea 06/30/2008 02:42 PM CDT
Vinjince is the new PSA for training shield. <3

- Galren

>>The Rippentropps are a mysterious collective of well-known individuals whose primary charge is to initiate the advancing task of not stopping.