Wishful 10/11/2007 08:34 PM CDT
>prep cant b t
You are now prepared to cast the Burning Touch cantrip.
>gesture beard
With a deft manipulation of your Ethereal Shield, you bring its protective field to rest against the skin of your face. You run your glowing fingers around your face, removing all trace of the beard while your Ethereal Shield prevents your skin from becoming seared.
Roundtime: 10 sec.

It's just as slow to use a burning hand to remove your beard as it is to use a blade? I don't suppose you could give us a bit of a RT reduction while you're digging around in cantrips, huh? Though, I'm sure it's tied into the beard system and would take more work that it's worth. Still... it would be nice.

Fuquois
Re: Wishful 10/13/2007 07:22 AM CDT
>>It's just as slow to use a burning hand to remove your beard as it is to use a blade? I don't suppose you could give us a bit of a RT reduction while you're digging around in cantrips, huh? Though, I'm sure it's tied into the beard system and would take more work that it's worth. Still... it would be nice.

Changing the RT would require a very simple alteration to the cantrip that would take just a few seconds.

I'm not going to do that, however, for the simple reason of game balance. (Yes, even cantrips need to conform to this sometimes nebulous concept.)

The benefit of this cantrip is that you don't need to lug around a razor with you (or a flint, for that matter). It did also have a drawback at one time: it caused damage to your head when you shaved with it, before I added ES synergy with the first cantrip rewrite a couple years ago.

After mitigating the only real drawback of the cantrip, I don't think it would be a good idea to give it another advantage. If I did reduce the RT by a few seconds I'd remove the ES synergy, and I doubt that's a tradeoff most would choose (I wouldn't).

- GM Wythor

What goes up
is futile --
unless it goes out
Re: Wishful 10/13/2007 10:27 AM CDT
Honestly curious but being clean shaven have enough of a benifit that shaving with a razor or cantrip requires any RT?

Rigek
Re: Wishful 10/13/2007 10:38 AM CDT
Apparently, around 5 stones worth of burden.

-Master Ndin
Re: Wishful 10/15/2007 11:54 AM CDT
>After mitigating the only real drawback of the cantrip, I don't think it would be a good idea to give it another advantage.

I can see your point, but is it not enough of a justifying cost to require two fire spells to get the cantrip in the first place and then another spell slot for Etherial Shield to be able to keep from burning your face?

If the answer is no, then I certainly won't be put out. After all, it was just wishful thinking to begin with, and the utility allowed without having to carry a razor is still nice.

Fuquois
Re: Wishful 10/15/2007 02:13 PM CDT
>>I can see your point, but is it not enough of a justifying cost to require two fire spells to get the cantrip in the first place and then another spell slot for Etherial Shield to be able to keep from burning your face?

This might be irrelevant to your point, but I would assume all Warrior Mages have Ethereal Shield, and I would also assume that anyone who learns one Fire spell will learn at least three Fire spells. This may have changed since Fire Ball was updated, but otherwise I cannot see anyone getting Fire Shard or Fire Ball unless their goal was Dragon's Breath or Mantle of Flame.
Re: Wishful 10/15/2007 02:42 PM CDT
Also, Fire Shard and Fireball aren't "reqs" for Burning Touch. Burning Touch is a kicker for having Fireball (and thus Fire Shard).

I'd much rather carry around 5 stones than burn 2 (or 3) spell slots on a cantrip.

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.
Re: Wishful 11/06/2007 01:31 PM CST
He he he we all thinking like WM. Consider it from the non WM perspective. The "coolnes" factor of being able to shave with your finger. Just ponder that a moment. We now can make our own Shields too. Most types of weapons LT, HT, LE, ME, HE, 2HE, LB, MB, 2HB, Sling amo, Pike I belive. Honestly talk about self sufficent heh... Look forward to being able to use the elements and fuse them into GOLDY AMROR :wins:

I think the sheer idea of shaving with a finger is a bonus in and of iteslf the 10rt is a non factor.
Re: Wishful 11/06/2007 02:10 PM CST
>>TIGARCLAW

Huh?

You are Golgol Silverhair, an Elf.

"Ye" is the nominative or accusative plural of "thou," please adjust your dialect accordingly.
Re: Wishful 11/06/2007 05:12 PM CST
>>Huh?

There's a lot who aren't really stable.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: Wishful 11/06/2007 10:22 PM CST
>>Huh?

>There's a lot who aren't really stable.

It reminds me of something my grandmother always used to say.

"I picked peaches with Catherine today. Did Henry bring my toast?"

I don't really know what she meant, and we never figured out who Henry was, but somehow I think she hit the nail on the head on this one.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Wishful 11/07/2007 09:03 AM CST
>>>>TIGARCLAW

>>Huh?

Ok you are either farily lazy and don't feel like going back to read that thread to see what it is about OR you miss the point of the felow thinking like a War mage and missing the obvious bonus of being able to shave with a finger which is not somthing that other guilds can do and is complaining about the 10rt of it instead.

I went on to elaborate on how much fun being a War Mage can be where we can make our own weapons and so on and so forth.... and for fun threw in the "Can't wait for the day we can shape the Elemental forces into GODLY ARMOR".

If you wanted to know what I said elaborate on what it is you wanted to know. The HUH? is a tad vague heh.
Re: Wishful 11/07/2007 09:58 AM CST
>>TIGARCLAW

I'm sorry, the "Huh?" was a fairly sophomoric attempt at humor.

It comes through your posts that you are a very enthusiastic (perhaps excitable) fellow. I understood just fine what you were saying.

You are Golgol Silverhair, an Elf.

"Ye" is the nominative or accusative plural of "thou," please adjust your dialect accordingly.
Re: Wishful 11/07/2007 10:13 AM CST
A little Intense I'd have to agree. Most of the time I type too fast and post without really editing my posts. It's a game. Honestly I can not be bothered to get into it that much. Every time it starts to feel like work I tend to take a leave of absence.

That aside I do get a touch miffed when folk disect someones vocabullary, grammer or spelling completely ignoring the thread message.

I appologoze for the "huffines".
Re: Wishful 11/07/2007 09:30 PM CST
>>That aside I do get a touch miffed when folk disect someones vocabullary, grammer or spelling completely ignoring the thread message.

It has nothing to do with that. The thread was over 3 weeks old. I've read well over 1,000 posts since then. Rather than asking every person who reads your post to go back and look up an old thread, just quote what you're responding to next time. It makes things much easier.

~player of Gulphphunger