Glow 06/17/2007 02:28 PM CDT
Harnessing small amount of firey aether around yourself in a thin haze to allow the caster to see in darkened areas.
Re: Glow 06/17/2007 03:03 PM CDT
>Harnessing small amount of firey aether around yourself in a thin haze to allow the caster to see in darkened areas.

1) What is firey aether?
2) Get MoF.

Elemancer Opieus, Journeyman Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"Dance, puppets, dance!" ~ Dominic Deegan
Re: Glow 06/17/2007 03:14 PM CDT
While Opieus is right in that MoF already does this, it would be nice for a "flash" effect to be added to all of our light-creating spells/cantrips. The self-cast of the Burning Touch cantrip would be an excellent example. You gesture and a fiery aura briefly surrounds your hands. I would like it if it would give a glimpse of a dark room, much like the Moon Mage cantrip, Meah K'et (flare).

Fuquois
Re: Glow 06/23/2007 09:10 PM CDT
Cantrips are going to do 1 or 2 specific things at most. You arent going to get a cantrip that has 5 different useful quirks, especially when you have a spell that already has the effect you are asking for.
Re: Glow 06/23/2007 10:01 PM CDT
> You arent going to get a cantrip that has 5 different useful quirks, especially when you have a spell that already has the effect you are asking for.

Normally, I don't carry a feedbag around with me, but I have to inquire... How does lighting up a room equal five different useful quirks?

-Durnil
Re: Glow 06/24/2007 02:44 AM CDT
I would list the things the burning cantrip already does for you but I lack the motivation
Re: Glow 06/24/2007 03:58 AM CDT
>Cantrips are going to do 1 or 2 specific things at most.
>I would list the things the burning cantrip already does for you but I lack the motivation

I'm pretty sure I can sum up the entire effect of the cantrip in less words than your lack of motivation post. It lights things on fire or it makes your hands glow. So, one useful effect and one fluffy effect that is the basis for the request.

Elemancer Opieus, Journeyman Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"Dance, puppets, dance!" ~ Dominic Deegan
Re: Glow 06/24/2007 01:47 PM CDT
You're wrong, Opieus!

It can light branches on fire, light torches on fire, light logs on fire, light sticks on fire, AND make your hands glow.

-Durnil
Re: Glow 06/24/2007 01:56 PM CDT
And it can totally make food and drinks steam!

Fuquois
Re: Glow 06/24/2007 02:00 PM CDT
Yeah, and it can light up your left hand and right hand. That's two things right there. Also, if you chant things, it makes you seem like you're powering up - just like Goku!

kame hame ha!

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.
Re: Glow 06/24/2007 02:13 PM CDT
With a deft manipulation of your Ethereal Shield, you bring its protective field to rest against the skin of your face. You run your glowing fingers around your face, removing all trace of the beard while your Ethereal Shield prevents your skin from becoming seared.
Roundtime: 10 sec.

a black panther comes flying into view! it hits the ground, bouncing once before sliding to a stop.
A black panther is stunned!
Re: Glow 06/24/2007 02:22 PM CDT
>With a deft manipulation of your Ethereal Shield, you bring its protective field to rest against the skin of your face. You run your glowing fingers around your face, removing all trace of the beard while your Ethereal Shield prevents your skin from becoming seared.
Roundtime: 10 sec.

Yeh.. I use that all the time so I don't have to keep a razor on me. I just wish it would knock some of the RT off. Seems to me it would be quicker to slap your burnin' hot hands over your face than it would be to actually shave with a razor.

Fuquois
Re: Glow 06/24/2007 02:42 PM CDT
Right, I forgot that it also replaces a razor. Fair enough.

However (not a reply to Jhime, but to the whole thread), BRF wasn't asking for burning touch to be improved anyhow. I think he proposed an entirely different cantrip.

-Durnil
Re: Glow 06/24/2007 02:49 PM CDT
Well, actually, I was thinking of adding the flash to Burning Touch, but an entirely new cantrip wouldn't be too terrible, either.

Fuquois
Re: Glow 06/24/2007 02:51 PM CDT
>Well, actually, I was thinking of adding the flash to Burning Touch, but an entirely new cantrip wouldn't be too terrible, either.

Sorry, meant BFR.

-Durnil
Re: Glow 06/24/2007 02:53 PM CDT
>Sorry, meant BFR.

I keep trying to put BRF too. PF tech ftw. ::duck::

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.