ES Removal 03/30/2007 11:15 PM CDT
Tonight is about the 6th time i've wished I could do this so I figured i'd go ahead and mention it.

I'd like to see a very easy and very simple cantrip that just removes the ES around yourself.

Although they are rare there have been a many number of times I have wished I could get rid of it. The duration is extremely long so it's quite the pain to wait on it.

Probably not something that would be used daily by a mage, but useful none-the-less.

XXXX signs, "I got a huge wedgie but I'm embarassed to pick it"

XXXX says, "Whos mark is this? Your sabre is a little awkward, but usable."
Re: ES Removal 03/30/2007 11:28 PM CDT
Jhime, why do you want to do this? Just curious. The only reason I can think of was back when the bug was around that only allowed for a set number of defensive spells to be active.

Unless you've got some crazy RP going where you need external skin damage..?

-Sephos
Re: ES Removal 03/30/2007 11:50 PM CDT
Pablin and I were talkin about that same thing a few nights ago in plat. A bunch of us were wanting to play in the barbarian pit in plat. And of course, you can't go into the pits with ES up. We waited nearly 30 minutes before we could go into the pits and have a couple of rounds.

Things such as that.

We had another thought also...but damned if I can remember what it is now. Dealt with familiars and an idea /suggestion with them. Heh...figures I don't remember now...

~Dalkin~
Re: ES Removal 03/30/2007 11:51 PM CDT
Oh! I remember now, I'll post it over there in the familiar folder though....

~Dalkin~
Re: ES Removal 03/30/2007 11:53 PM CDT
<<Barbarian pit

Oh, that's interesting! Maybe the mechanic should be on the end of the barb pit though, and not a change to each individual spell?

-Sephos
Re: ES Removal 03/31/2007 12:37 AM CDT
>>Oh, that's interesting! Maybe the mechanic should be on the end of the barb pit though, and not a change to each individual spell?

Rare as the need may be, there should be a way to willingly end buff spells. All abilities, for that matter.

ES and berserks are probably the ones that happen with me most often. A cantrip (or even better yet, an addition to core magic to allow us to RELEASE BUFFS) would be great.

Bleeding
Area Rate
left hand death awaits
heart liberal

Re: ES Removal 03/31/2007 03:38 AM CDT
>>Rare as the need may be, there should be a way to willingly end buff spells.

Actually, I've had a proposal for a cantrip that does just this sitting on my computer for a while. It would be a 3rd-tier cantrip like Pattern Hues. The working title was 'Pattern Displacement' and would remove all beneficial spells (or just a specified one) from the caster.

With all the stuff happening lately, new cantrip proposals sort of slipped by the wayside. When I find some time I'll send it in and see what sort of response it gets from my superiors.

- GM Wythor

The plain and simple truth is that the truth is rarely plain and never simple.