Pattern Hues 09/09/2006 02:00 AM CDT
i search through some posts for a while and gave up... could someone tell me or point me to the pre-reqs for the pattern hues cantrip?
Re: Pattern Hues 09/09/2006 12:52 PM CDT
20th circle is one of the reqs. I think there is a cantrip you need to know as well (probably aether related).

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Pattern Hues 09/09/2006 05:27 PM CDT
>>could someone tell me or point me to the pre-reqs for the pattern hues cantrip?

Three requirements:

1) You must be at least 20th circle.
2) You must have knowledge of at least one other Aether cantrip.
3) You must have at least 120 ranks in Primary Magic.

- GM Wythor

The plain and simple truth is that the truth is rarely plain and never simple.
Re: Pattern Hues 09/11/2006 09:48 PM CDT
Is there a list anywhere of all the non-unique pattern hues? I can't find one, nor can I find a command to bring them up. I'd like to sift through without having to just keep casting and casting until I build up an extensive but random library.

~Katrenos
Re: Pattern Hues 09/12/2006 12:30 AM CDT
http://www.olwydd.org/guilds/warmage/patterns.php

The bold words are the ones you need to GESTURE(prep cant p h, gesture wheat to get wheat gold)

-Chris, player of Kilan

Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]
Re: Pattern Hues 09/14/2006 05:16 PM CDT
Thanks.

~Katrenos
Re: Pattern Hues 09/16/2006 01:25 AM CDT
The list I put up on Olwydd's site is quite lacking in regards to the newer non-custom colors. If anyone has more to submit, I'd be happy to update my list.
Sinah
Re: Pattern Hues 01/17/2007 02:16 PM CST
Just wanna show my custom color. Its a little... awkward but I like it. =D

>gest custom
You trace the complex sigils of the Pattern Hues cantrip around yourself.
The air around you becomes suffused with an ominous nightmarish black glow.
Roundtime: 3 seconds.
Re: Pattern Hues 01/19/2007 10:33 PM CST
<<Just wanna show my custom color. Its a little... awkward but I like it. =D>>

Very nice. And ominous.

-Chakram

"NVNC ID VIDES, NVNC NE VIDES"

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before" - Mae West
Re: Pattern Hues 01/20/2007 02:27 AM CST
Is it still possible to get custom colors?

- Xelten
Re: Pattern Hues 01/21/2007 11:49 PM CST
It was tough getting it. But I helped Chak Chak see the light of my ways. WOOHOO! Thanks!
Pattern Hues 10/12/2007 09:57 AM CDT
Could someone direct me to an explaination of this cantrip? How it's use to color ES MOF etc...

I've referenced Olwydd and there is some info on colors there. I guess I'm looking for syntax on how to put those colors to use. Also what all can me adjusted with this cantrip?

Thanks in advance.

"Bleeding is bad"
Re: Pattern Hues 10/12/2007 02:37 PM CDT
I believe it's just "gesture" and then the EXACT color description as stated on Olwydd.

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.
Re: Pattern Hues 10/12/2007 11:02 PM CDT
It works like this:
>prep c p h
You are now prepared to cast the Pattern Hues cantrip.
>gest blizzard
The air around you becomes suffused with a blizzard blue-white glow.
>prep c p h
>gest magma
The faint blizzard blue-white aura around you slowly shifts until it assumes a magma red glow.
>prep c p h
>gest crystalline green
The faint magma red aura around you slowly shifts until it assumes a crystalline lurid green glow.

Then if you have a custom color to use:

>prep c p h
>gest custom
The faint crystalline lurid green aura around you slowly shifts until it assumes a flame-red striped black glow.

And if you want to remove the aura:

>prep c p h
>gest
You expertly unravel the Pattern Hues cantrip from around yourself. As it dissipates, the faint flame-red striped black aura surrounding you fades.

The aura automatically colors certain spells when you cast them, like Ethereal Shield:

>cast
You gesture.
Your ethereal shield shifts to a flame-red striped black hue.
The flame-red striped black shield already protecting you shimmers slightly.

Other spells that I think work are Fire Shard, Frost Scythe, Ice Patch, Dragon's Breath and Chain Lightning. I think there's more.

---
Join World of Elanthia
http://www.worldofelanthia.com/index.php
More Hues for Pattern Hues? 02/21/2008 05:28 PM CST
I was wondering if we could get abit more color options for the P H Cantrip? What we have his nice but certain colors don't have a large selection.

Something I would like to see would be something in the purple spectrum? I like the Silvery Blue of the Aether spells. And even more colors could be added. plenty of people have Ideas.
Pattern Hues Effect 04/11/2008 07:13 PM CDT
So, I don't have a clue how I did it, but I got my Pattern Hues to conceal my features...now I can't duplicate it. Anyone have the magic combination for that?

You hear the ghostly voice of Redeth say, "That plan worked better in my head."
Re: Pattern Hues Effect 04/11/2008 07:18 PM CDT
You sure it wasn't a veil of ice?

A faint shadowy bone white aura surrounds you.
You are Master Nevynral D'Marinok, Spell Slinger, a Human.
A veil of shadowy bone white ice covers your face and obscures your features.
Re: Pattern Hues Effect 04/11/2008 10:50 PM CDT
That did it! Thanks...must have been one of my drunken experimentation nights.

Re: Pattern Hues Effect 04/22/2008 04:56 PM CDT
Wait, pattern hues with veil of ice makes an ice mask? Thats really neat.

I love the idea of us wearing or appearing to wear tons of elemental garb.
Re: Pattern Hues Effect 04/26/2008 11:17 PM CDT
veil of ice alone makes the mask, pattern hues just changes the color. It only lasts as long as the veil lasts though.

Re: Pattern Hues Effect 04/28/2008 11:42 AM CDT
While we're on the subject, can anyone say with certainty that with VOI up the town guards will have a harder time recognizing you?

~ Mordimer
Pattern Hues Broken in Platinum? 08/15/2008 11:11 PM CDT
Hello Wythor, a few days ago I was using Pattern Hues in Plat, and ended up breaking my ability to cast spells. I assisted and the GMs asked me not to use PH until it was fixed. Has this possibly been looked into yet? Thanks!

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website. Be sure to vote DragonRealms as your #1 MUD!
Re: Pattern Hues Broken in Platinum? 08/16/2008 05:40 AM CDT
>>Hello Wythor, a few days ago I was using Pattern Hues in Plat, and ended up breaking my ability to cast spells. I assisted and the GMs asked me not to use PH until it was fixed. Has this possibly been looked into yet? Thanks!

This should be fixed. The cantrip had somehow reverted to its 'old' version and was incompatible with, well, everything. I updated it again and ideally it will stay updated this time. :)

- GM Wythor

What goes up
is futile --
unless it goes out
Pattern Hues on Items 09/06/2008 07:37 PM CDT
I'd like to cast Pattern Hues on my armor on weapons to get cool colors, is this possibility?
Re: Pattern Hues on Items 09/06/2008 10:12 PM CDT
Permanent via enchanting imo.

- Starlear -
Re: Pattern Hues on Items 09/06/2008 11:32 PM CDT
Pattern hues just caused trouble in TF. Not sure if they were working on it or what. Here's what happened to Tseng:

You see Electrician TsengMartial Artist the Human.
[of unknown health (missing C code)]He is wearing a parry stick, an etched silver vial strung from intricate chain mesh, a golden gun, a broad silver money clip inlaid with green diamonds and animite, a silver ring engraved with the image of a moon and sun, some mail gauntlets, a damaska-hide buckler, a twisted cambrinth armband, a chain hauberk, a <censored for prime boards> beisswurm backpack, a name tag, a black pantherskin with onyx eyes, a miasmic spherical black stone hanging from a nightsilk cord, a massive diamond ear stud set in platinum, a tarnished chain helm painted with an eerie sadistic visage, a mustache and a plain beard.
Re: Pattern Hues on Items 12/10/2008 09:01 PM CST
I'd also be of the opinion that you should be able to permanently apply your pattern hue, until you change the color. If not permanently, then at least until you log out

--_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_--

"When did I realise I was God? Well, one day I was praying and I suddenly realised I was talking to myself..."
Re: Pattern Hues on Items 12/10/2008 09:46 PM CST
<<I'd also be of the opinion that you should be able to permanently apply your pattern hue, until you change the color. If not permanently, then at least until you log out>

qft

:oP Ragran
Idon Raider
____We, the disenfranchised men and women of Elanthia do, by the publishing of this accord, cast off the oppressive yoke of all law and nations and choose for ourselves a path of loyalty unto ourselves

_____www.idonraiders.com
Pattern Hues 01/22/2009 10:59 AM CST
This is hard to explain. :)

If I'm a group, and have a pattern up, and there's another war mage in my group with a different pattern, and he casts something, like ES, it'll completely ignore my pattern and use his.

Is it possible to have spells make smarter decisions regarding which pattern to apply?

I don't want my color overridden when in groups.

Targoth
Re: Pattern Hues 01/22/2009 11:59 AM CST
>If I'm a group, and have a pattern up, and there's another war mage in my group with a different pattern, and he casts something, like ES, it'll completely ignore my pattern and use his.

His spell pattern isn't using your pattern hue. I don't know why you'd think it would.
Re: Pattern Hues 01/22/2009 01:47 PM CST
> His spell pattern isn't using your pattern hue. I don't know why you'd think it would.

That's exactly it. His pattern doesn't use mine. I'm saying that it should. If my hue surrounds me in a black ES, his white hue surrounds me in a white ES. I'm saying that when he casts his white ES, when ES hits me, it should check and see that my hue is black, and should cover me in a black ES. Instead, I get hit with his white ES.

Targoth
Re: Pattern Hues 01/22/2009 01:56 PM CST
Oldrun gestures.
Oldrun's storm grey ethereal shield shifts to a phosphorescent obsidian black hue.
Oldrun's phosphorescent obsidian black ethereal shield shimmers slightly.
A phosphorescent obsidian black shield encompasses you.

My hue is storm grey. Oldrun's hue is obsidian black.
I cast ES, we're both covered in a storm grey shield.
Then he casts ES, we're both covered in obsidian black.

What I would like to see is that when I cast ES, I should be covered in storm grey, because that's the pattern in effect on ME, and he should be covered in obsidian black, because that's the pattern in effect on HIM.

Targoth
Re: Pattern Hues 01/22/2009 03:22 PM CST
>>Is it possible to have spells make smarter decisions regarding which pattern to apply?

You're observing an intentional feature of the cantrip. Pattern Hues doesn't automagically trigger whenever a spell pattern comes into contact with it. It is an 'ink well' that a caster dips into whenever he forms a spell pattern, coloring it as he prepares it. Each spell pattern has room for only one color, so even if the caster could somehow reach over and grab the color from someone else's cantrip, it wouldn't fit in the spell.

- GM Wythor

What goes up
is futile --
unless it goes out
Re: Pattern Hues 01/22/2009 05:44 PM CST
> You're observing an intentional feature of the cantrip.

Ok, thanks.

Targoth
Re: Pattern Hues 01/24/2009 11:27 PM CST
pattern hue is also useful for team-play. So if you cast your black es on 10 people, you sort of look like a team.

but if you arent into that...would be frustrating.

:oP Ragran
Custom Pattern Hues 04/12/2010 03:35 PM CDT
Wythor, are you still accepting custom pattern hues if submitted to via email?
Re: Custom Pattern Hues 04/13/2010 01:34 AM CDT
>>Wythor, are you still accepting custom pattern hues if submitted to via email?

Although I still technically am, the additions are the absolute lowest priority and don't happen on a regular basis. I keep them in mind, but I just don't have time to go in and update the cantrip. For example, I still have a request from January that I haven't had a chance to do anything with. Feel free to send in a request, just don't expect something to happen for quite some time. :)

- GM Wythor

What goes up
is futile --
unless it goes out