tantalizing imagry 08/12/2006 03:29 AM CDT
play with the aethereal image cantrip enough and there's some very interesting images that make me drool take this one for example

A helpless goblin cowers in fear as the blazing lion-shaped flame coils and pounces on it. A blue-blazing paw bats the ugly creature, causing its skin to scorch and blister even as it is sent spinning away, head over heels.

(combat fam?)

--
Treat empaths with respect, you'll live longer
--
http://people.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5198137
Re: tantalizing imagry 08/12/2006 06:35 AM CDT
Either that or Mark of Arhat. :P

-Chris

Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]
Re: tantalizing imagry 03/18/2007 01:52 PM CDT
AI is definitely fun to play around with, but it seems like all my images are stuck on a bit of a loop.
What I'm wondering is if the library of images that is randomly drawn from will remain static, or if there's potential for more images to be added-- they're really neat and interesting, and I keep waiting for something new to show up!

Medir
Re: tantalizing imagry 03/19/2007 08:16 AM CDT
>>AI is definitely fun to play around with, but it seems like all my images are stuck on a bit of a loop. What I'm wondering is if the library of images that is randomly drawn from will remain static, or if there's potential for more images to be added-- they're really neat and interesting, and I keep waiting for something new to show up!

Tell you what, I'll do my best to throw a few new images in every month or so, depending on what I'm working on. Right now there are quite a few, but there's plenty of room for more.

- GM Wythor

The plain and simple truth is that the truth is rarely plain and never simple.
Re: tantalizing imagry 03/19/2007 09:06 AM CDT
Wythor,

Could you add a way to force a change of image? To stabalize on the current image? That would also be awesome.
Re: tantalizing imagry 03/19/2007 01:48 PM CDT
>Could you add a way to force a change of image?

You exhale on the image, causing it to ripple and shake in the air. Wavering slightly, the aethereal image breaks apart into thousands of sparkling silver-blue motes. After scattering through the air, they quickly re-form into the image of four figures standing in a square formation.

The unfortunate thing about exhaling on the image is that while it forces a change of image, it doesn't seem to reset the timer. So, if you exhale just before the timer expires, the new image will only last those few seconds before changing to another.

Fuquois
Re: tantalizing imagry 03/20/2007 11:56 PM CDT
>Tell you what, I'll do my best to throw a few new images in every month or so

I don't know how well this would work, but what about a contest to add more images? Top three get a familiar alteration or access to the spell preps merchant? Top X entries get accepted?

I think it would be a fun way to get our creative juices flowing.

-Durnil
Re: tantalizing imagry 03/20/2007 11:57 PM CDT
Custom colors contest was both neat and inspiring. I would encourage more contests of that type, and additional cantrips strike me fun.

...since Moon Mages are the absolute last guild in the game we think about when it comes to physical combat perks.

-Armifer

We're behind empaths? Sheesh that just made me depressed.

-Durandil
Re: tantalizing imagry 03/21/2007 12:05 AM CDT
>and additional cantrips strike me fun.

Cantrip that kill people with name start M strike you fun too?

-Durnil
Re: tantalizing imagry 03/21/2007 12:08 AM CDT
>>Cantrip that kill people with name start M strike you fun too?

Very much so.

Real shame about that mechanical limitation not letting anyone whose name begins with "Magmu" having access to the new Blackfire cantrips.

...since Moon Mages are the absolute last guild in the game we think about when it comes to physical combat perks.

-Armifer

We're behind empaths? Sheesh that just made me depressed.

-Durandil
Re: tantalizing imagry 03/21/2007 12:46 PM CDT
<<Real shame about that mechanical limitation not letting anyone whose name begins with "Magmu" having access to the new Blackfire cantrips.

~The Fire Lion Magmus Bloodston, Blackfire Enthusiast
Re: tantalizing imagry 03/21/2007 05:46 PM CDT
Can we get a contest for submitting new images, and winners selected get a visit from the fam alterer? (who then decides to give everyone waiting around an alteration as well)

or an alteration voucher for magic items.. or a coupon to replace a rare material ::coughinaweaponcough::

you know.. just.. whatever works ;7
Re: tantalizing imagry 03/21/2007 05:53 PM CDT
>>;7

What is happening to that poor man's mouth?

Me: "Master, what is it?"

Solomon: "I just felt a great disturbance in the force. As if the entire Feedback department cried out and then was suddenly silenced. Go back to your coding."

GM Oolan Jeel
Re: tantalizing imagry 03/21/2007 06:07 PM CDT
It's a Han Solo smirk(tm)
Re: tantalizing imagry 03/21/2007 10:47 PM CDT
>Can we get a contest for submitting new images,

Deja vu

-Durnil
Re: tantalizing imagry 03/22/2007 08:45 PM CDT
Cheers, Wythor!
I just noticed this one..

<<Wavering slightly, the aethereal image breaks apart into thousands of sparkling silver-blue motes. After scattering through the air, they quickly re-form into the image of a pink-furred dancing gerbil.

>look image
<<You look at the aethereal image and see...

<<With a comic caper that should not be possible unless under magical control, the pink gerbil prances back and forth and around in circles, waving its paws to and fro with wild abandon. It stumbles for a moment, then regains its balance and continues to dance.

Poor, poor familiars.

Medir