Pattern Hues. 07/13/2006 06:27 PM CDT
This has probably been asked before, but I'm too lazy to check. :-P

Will pattern hues eventually work with other spells? I would actually pick up Mantle of Flames if the color of the flames could be effected by the cantrip. It would also be cool if the cantrip effect worked on the color of our Ice Fortresses. :)
Re: Pattern Hues. 07/13/2006 06:35 PM CDT
You and your yellow ice fortress....
Re: Pattern Hues. 07/13/2006 07:31 PM CDT
Yellow is reserved for snowballs.
Re: Pattern Hues. 07/14/2006 03:07 AM CDT
Even if PH gets applied to MoF, the flames themselves will not be changing color as per Wythor (I think) because none of the fire spells change the flame color. This comes from the issue of the different color fires having different effects.

-Durnil
Re: Pattern Hues. 07/14/2006 05:00 AM CDT
Thing is the main flames themselves don't have to change color with the pattern hues. Just take a look at what PH does with fire shard.
Re: Pattern Hues. 07/14/2006 12:48 PM CDT
Personally, I don't see why Pattern Hues can't effect the color of the flames. The color change wouldn't have to be real in the sense that it's actually changing the properties of the flame, it would still be red elemental fire. But the cantrip could introduce colorants to the flame (for blue fire, for example, the cantrip could be adding trace amounts of copper chloride), or provide an aura that filters the appearance of the flame as if it were seen through colored lenses or something.

Ah well, not my call. Just don't see how coloring fire would necessarily have to be the result of changing the actual nature of the fire.
Re: Pattern Hues. 07/14/2006 01:49 PM CDT
I believe the GMs stated that to avoid any confusion with fire coloring (ie. is that FAKE black fire, or REAL black fire?) they were restricting the coloration of fire spells via the cantrip to secondary effects. To me it was a logical conclusion. You still get some coloration associated with fire, without being too ambiguous.

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website. Be sure to vote DragonRealms as your #1 MUD!