Reinforce Stone 04/25/2006 03:14 AM CDT
A suggestion/wish for this cantrip... along with extending the duration of the fist, could it increase the construction as well? For instance, make a MB fist fairly sturdy instead of average? Or something along those lines.

-Fuquois-

Milgrym asks, "How does 666 coins strike you?"
Re: Reinforce Stone 04/25/2006 03:48 AM CDT
<<A suggestion/wish for this cantrip... along with extending the duration of the fist, could it increase the construction as well? For instance, make a MB fist fairly sturdy instead of average? Or something along those lines.>>

Probably not, they already have good stats for ammo. Not something we'd like to have kept around more than necessary due to balancing issues.

-Chakram

"NVNC ID VIDES, NVNC NE VIDES"

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before" - Mae West
Re: Reinforce Stone 04/25/2006 01:39 PM CDT
>Probably not, they already have good stats for ammo. Not something we'd like to have kept around more than necessary due to balancing issues

Not to argue... but sling ammo lasting forever is not a function of the cantrip, but rather a bug in the loading system. As far as the cantrip goes, the sling ammo lasts for however long you can get. I'm just asking that the construction be boosted a touch since we are "Reinforcing" the stone. It doesn't matter much, since a broken fist can be quickly replaced with another cast. Was just a thought.

-Fuquois-

Re: Reinforce Stone 04/25/2006 01:40 PM CDT
Additionally, I'm more interested in the larger, non-ammo types getting the construction boost. Slings aren't my thing.

-Fuquois-

Reinforce Stone suggestion? 05/05/2006 06:07 PM CDT
First off, I am enjoying the new cantrips immensely. I've only got a little tiny thing that makes Reinforce Stone less useful to me than I think it could be. Specifically, when it is cast on a magnetic ballista, it lasts so long (duration not an issue), but then immediately dissolves. If using the MaB, it would stay around indefinitely if you kept using it and reloading it.

My suggestion is that maybe the ballista shimmer or something after the cantrip wears off and has 30 seconds or so left so that you can re-reinforce it.

The counter to this suggestion is that potentially infinite duration might not be intended to be a function of the cantrip, which is a fair reason.

Thoughts?

-Durnil
Re: Reinforce Stone suggestion? 05/05/2006 06:43 PM CDT
>>My suggestion is that maybe the ballista shimmer or something after the cantrip wears off and has 30 seconds or so left so that you can re-reinforce it.

It might be a bit complex to set it up that way, technically speaking. While I'm not too worried about the ability to keep a ballista around indefinitely, you always have the option of re-casting the spell. Still, it's food for thought. :)

- GM Wythor

The plain and simple truth is that the truth is rarely plain and never simple.