Mage Enclave (Formally known as Reshalean Mages) Update no. 2 02/05/2006 07:27 PM CST
I'm hosting a player-run meeting in crossing on Friday (ampitheater, 8pm EST) to discuss RP interaction with both PC and GMNPC (for both sides). After that meeting, expect to see something "soon" about a time/date for a "Trailblazer meeting" where we'll get together and discuss details about where this will end up going. Heads up, this will be strictly IC meeting, so please come ready to roleplay. ::grin::

~Nazaruss/Player of.
Re: Mage Enclave (Formally known as Reshalean Mages) Update no. 2 02/14/2006 12:12 AM CST
Ok, so the idea has grown a bit since this whole thing got started.

I've spoken with dozens of warrior mages who are interested in getting involved. Seems there's a hole in our guild in the comeraderie part that needs filling. So, I've updated the details a little

This will not be limited to Warrior Mages of Ratha.. It's going to be open to any warrior mage (who meets the very minor criteria). It will also from here forth be referred to as The Enclave (until it sticks or a better title is offered up)

A few details of my vision.

Part 1: Meeting area

(I am not a creative writer on demand, so if someone wants to take this and run with it, by all means go ahead)

[The Enclave, Meeting Hall]

Round room, floor made up of irregularly shaped marble tile of different colors. A symbol for the enclave is set into the floor (Inclusive of each element, similar to the havri'negh symbol, if not identical) Very high ceiling allows for acoustics to let all hear clearly the softest of voices. Close-railed alcoves in the wall for mages to sit in during meetings, each with a symbol of a particular element above the alcove, designating areas for the various [cabals] to be represented. An raised polished dark wood circular platform sits near the center (not covering the symbol) and has a "tail" of the same material that reaches back to double-doors leading further into the building. two tall double doors sit opposite the platform, allowing entryway into the chamber. Between each alcove, pictures from the history of the warrior mage guild depict various important events. glowing orbs of energy are placed in various points along the walls, illuminating the entire scene, and casting long shadows into the cieling. The walls are made of smooth hewn concrete. The overall atmosphere is a bit foreboding, but very comfortable nonetheless.

Other rooms would include smaller chambers for each of the elemental divisions to meet in privately, as well as a labratory similar to the college in Theren, and a library with bookshelves filled with Warrior Mage lore.

Part 2: Hierarchy

The Enclave would be split into elemental divisions, one for each element. Members would join whichever most suited their own taste, and each would have a general "open" assignment best suited to the spells available for that element, as well as what would make sense for that element to have.

A panel of mages would serve as the leadership, one from each division. Decisions on current event involvement, tasks for the enclave itself, and petitions from outside factions would be dealt with here. A "speaker" would be selected for each meeting, depending on the nature of the meeting itself.

Within each division, two mages would head up leadership. One the council member, the other his second. Ultimately decisions would fall to the council member, but the second would be authorized to make any decisions or sit in on council in his place.

A possible secondary aspect of the enclave would be split into "those that fight" and "those that dont" which would ignore individual division assignments. This may or may not come to pass.

Part 3: Purpose

There are several, and this list may grow depending on what is decided in the initial meeting of the minds to trailblaze this Enclave. Primary purpose will be to give warrior mages a purpose, leadership, and comeraderie in a realms that doesn't offer it save through militaristic means. Secondary functions as needed will look to the older tenents of the Elemental Mages, as guardians of the realms itself. These are purposely left vague as I don't want to be the sole decision maker when it comes down to "what we do".

Part 4: What we will not be

Another political faction, A casual membership club, or a military unit to be wielded by whoever asks.

I know I've been asking folks to meet with me, but there are quite a few that don't/haven't had the opportunity to do so, and I want to give everyone who wants it even opportunity to get involved. There's other ideas I have that aren't posted here, and I'll save those for the folks interested. I hope this is a good enough "taste" of what we will be doing.

If you want to be a part, then make your way to Ratha, and expect the meeting to be announced as soon as I meet with a few other people on my list.

~Nazaruss/Player of.
Re: Mage Enclave (Formally known as Reshalean Mages) Update no. 2 02/14/2006 02:34 PM CST
As always, I implore all those interested to seek Naz out and voice your opinion and what not. The more, the merrier, as it were.

~The Blackfire Mage Magmus
Re: Mage Enclave (Formally known as Reshalean Mages) Update no. 2 02/14/2006 03:49 PM CST
Now that it sounds a little more fleshed out I'd be interested in getting involoved. Character is a little bit of a loner but has some deffinite interest in a RP'ed group for aether. Currently infesting asery with broke gweths, can be AIMed at IRWarmie.

Rigek

I warned you! But nooo you said it was just a harmless little bunny rabbit!
Re: Mage Enclave (Formally known as Reshalean Mages) Update no. 2 02/14/2006 09:04 PM CST
Naz, first I want to say that I'm thrilled you are getting this off the ground. Just give me a time and place and I wll be there.

>>These are purposely left vague

I don't want to coopt the thread but I had an idea that I thought I could share here.

Recently I've witnessed a couple rathan mages get owned in a PvP confrontation with a thief. The same thing happened to me about six moths ago. Frankly, I don't have a clue how to fight another PC. Normally I wouldn't care, but there is another thread going on that Tropicalo co-founded regarding a new open circle PvP ladder. From what I can tell so far it's mostly 100+ people. But maybe if some of the wily old veteran mages could share some tips with us noobs it would:
1. Help us handle inevitable conflict situations that arise from being thief targets.
2. Encourage a younger crowd to try out friendly duels and be part of the new ladder.

But either way- love the idea of some warrior mage comraderie.

-Sephos
Re: Mage Enclave (Formally known as Reshalean Mages) Update no. 2 02/14/2006 09:35 PM CST
To kill thieves, we have to use spells that hurt thieves..

2 big frostbites, followed by tremor, followed by advancing chain, gar zeng at pole until dead.

can throw in an ice patch..

hiding and evasion are both primary skills for them, gotta remove those advantages. ;)

~Nazaruss/Player Of.

P.S. Thanks for the support!
Re: Mage Enclave (Formally known as Reshalean Mages) Update no. 2 02/14/2006 10:20 PM CST
why not just cut to the chase and cast cl?
Re: Mage Enclave (Formally known as Reshalean Mages) Update no. 2 02/14/2006 11:53 PM CST
I happen to be in Aesry on a short trip (likely only staying for this week, if not less.) Any chance we can have this meeting relatively soon?

Also, if joining, would we be required to stay in/near Ratha? or, will there be stations all across Elanthia for the Enclave mages?

Thanks,

~ Fayeza.

PS - PvP lessons would definitely be welcome. Here's a question I'd bring to the table, how do you combat a bard's balm? I kinda feel like a sitting duck if I get calmed and then am about to get blasted with resolve or something worse.

"Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." -- Kahlil Gibran
Re: Mage Enclave (Formally known as Reshalean Mages) Update no. 2 02/15/2006 01:23 AM CST
Nazaruss,

I am wholly interested in your idea, and I will be moving to Ratha shortly to be a part of it. Is there a good way I could get ahold of you ahead of time, to discuss somethings? Perhaps over AIM or email? All relatively OOC stuff, of course, because I prefer to be in character in game.

AIM: toraton
Email: toraton@gmail.com

Fyrrus
Re: Mage Enclave (Formally known as Reshalean Mages) Update no. 2 02/15/2006 08:18 AM CST
Yes, anyone interested can contact me on AIM at NazzarusSDR.

~Nazaruss/Player Of.
Re: Mage Enclave (Formally known as Reshalean Mages) Update no. 2 02/15/2006 10:12 AM CST
>>2 big frostbites, followed by tremor, followed by advancing chain, gar zeng at pole until dead.

I wasn't really looking for advice. I'm suggesting that a war mage centered PvP discussion might be a good topic for some of the meetings of the proposed Enclave, for the reasons I mentioned before (thieves and the new ladder).

-Sephos
Re: Mage Enclave (Formally known as Reshalean Mages) Update no. 2 02/15/2006 12:44 PM CST
Good possibility that'll be included.. depends on the decision to offer training or not.. I don't see why not, but like I said, I'm leaving alot of the details like this up to the collective of indivuduals who choose to get involved in the early stages.

But yeah! I like it. ;?)

~Nazaruss/Player Of.