And The Aether Goes To... 02/27/2005 05:55 PM CST
Aetherstitious Salutations,

Last week, had a healthily-attended meeting with myself, Lomelinde, Yrall, Suruli, and his fiancee Kythera, a Moon Mage. Perhaps due in part to that lady's presence, much of the conversation centered upon Aether Cloak and its effectiveness against Moon Mage and Warrior Mage spells.

The next meeting of the Aether Cabal will be on Sunday, April 3, at 10pm Eastern in the Aether Chamber of the Crossing guildhall. Bring your friends!

--David (Jolebin Swordstaff, Elemancer of Riverhaven)
Re: And The Aether Goes To... 03/01/2005 11:36 AM CST
>>Last week, had a healthily-attended meeting with myself, Lomelinde, Yrall, Suruli, and his fiancee Kythera, a Moon Mage. Perhaps due in part to that lady's presence

cough

Don't let the vowels fool you Jolebin...that should read 'and her fiance Kythera'- not a lady lol.

The meeting could be summed up in one statement- Aether Cloak is one of our best kept secrets. Very few spells can get by it.

~Suruli's player
Re: And The Aether Goes To... 03/01/2005 05:40 PM CST
Suruli--girl? Kythera--boy? I may need to completely revise my believe system now.

Ah, my apologies.

Re: And The Aether Goes To... 03/03/2005 10:20 PM CST
>The meeting could be summed up in one statement- Aether Cloak is one of our best kept secrets. Very few spells can get by it.

Heh heh heh.

I wouldn't consider that a secret. If you're fightig a mage, you keep AC up. Especially a moon mage. I thought everyone knew that...

I wouldn't say very few spells can get by it either. Um...any non-TM spell. Includin hybrids (burn is still hybrid).

Secrets or less known things would be like using a quick prep of tingle to give RT in spar when low on mana or only have short time to prep. Or maybe thug powders and RF runes. Or which spots are no locate and/or safe rooms. Or making sure to abuse the point "bug". Etc. Even those I guess aren't big secrets.

Hrm.

Soft locate? You know that one? If you locate someone and they're far away and you just barely locate them, then they don't get the "You feel as if someone were watching you" or whatever it is message. Easier to sneak up on em.

Etc.

AC a best kept secret....oh to be a newb! Their flesh is soft and tender...
Re: And The Aether Goes To... 03/06/2005 11:33 PM CST
<<Secrets or less known things would be like using a quick prep of tingle to give RT in spar when low on mana or only have short time to prep. Or maybe thug powders and RF runes. Or which spots are no locate and/or safe rooms. Or making sure to abuse the point "bug". Etc. Even those I guess aren't big secrets.

And hear I thought you would say Fortress of Ice or Stone Strike.

Trebber (grinning wickedly)
Re: And The Aether Goes To... 03/27/2005 12:14 AM CST
Don't forget, the Aether Cabal is meeting a week from tomorrow night (or from tonight, depending on whether or not you've slept yet) on Sunday, April 3, at 10pm Eastern in the Aether Chamber of the Crossing guildhall. See you there!

Re: And The Aether Goes To... 04/02/2005 01:51 PM CST
Hopefully I'll be seeing plenty of you at the Aether Cabal meeting tomorrow at 10pm Eastern in the Aether Chamber of the Crossing guildhall.