A Common Interest 12/12/2004 08:11 AM CST
I propose that as members of the Warror Mage guilds across the land we join in a common defense of our way of life. I believe that all things being equal that the sacrafices of Warrior Mages in past and future times of hardship will not be repaid in full by the powers that be. The time has come where mages should no longer spill their blood for someone else's common interests. We should do as all other guilds have done, and that is put our own best interests first.

If you are interested in the security of the guild and in fair and proper treatment then we should meet. I travel between Ratha and the Crossings and am willing to speak with any one about equity and fairness.

Lomelinde

Fighting with a short sword, you believe that the ship's rat is a mythical being of immense power and ability.
Re: A Common Interest 12/12/2004 09:15 AM CST
<<The time has come where mages should no longer spill their blood for someone else's common interests. We should do as all other guilds have done, and that is put our own best interests first.

What is this common interest which we spill our blood for? And what are our own best interests that we are not placing first?

Trebber
Re: A Common Interest 12/12/2004 09:44 AM CST
<<What is this common interest which we spill our blood for? And what are our own best interests that we are not placing first?>>

The spilling of warrior mage blood to protect the principalities and baronies. These endevours only serve to thin the ranks of the mages as they take sides with the different houses.

Our own best interests are in the study of all the elements. To strengthen our knowledge and our ranks. Through the consolidation of our strength we can be recognized as a power and not be the power behind those who gain the recognition.

Hope that answers some questions.

Lomelinde

Fighting with a short sword, you believe that the ship's rat is a mythical being of immense power and ability.
Re: A Common Interest 12/12/2004 10:54 AM CST
<<Hope that answers some questions.

It does.

<<The spilling of warrior mage blood to protect the principalities and baronies. These endevours only serve to thin the ranks of the mages as they take sides with the different houses.

Trebber has received a release from service from the Baron of Therengia. Not sure if you intend for warrior mages to no longer serve the local authorities, or to not join up with local militia groups, or to no longer fight the critter populations throughout the land. I spill blood on a daily basis to protect people who walk through Rossmans (especially at the end of the rope bridge). Also, if I am not spilling my blood against these critters, I would have to sit in classes to learn the required skills to advance within the guild.

So, from the above, I am assumming you are refering to no longer actively supporting the local authorities. (please let me know if I am off the mark on this because I am making an assumption).

<<Through the consolidation of our strength we can be recognized as a power and not be the power behind those who gain the recognition.

This seems like you have had some trouble with a local group of adventures who have banded together to protect a province. I too have had trouble with the commander of a group (a group which I will not mention for there is no need to start up that discussion nor am I trying to discredit their efforts). Do you intend to form up a rogue group of warrior mages then? Because I have definitely gone rogue where I am at.

Trebber
Re: A Common Interest 12/12/2004 11:54 AM CST
Not so much not supporting local authorities as not being the tool of the local authorities. Warrior mages could serve the common good without serving an overlord whose only claim to leadership is by birth. As far as fighting, I would encourage every mage to fight and train as much as possible.

I have not had an issue with any of the local militias in the past. I would not expect to have an issue with them in the future. I would not consider this group to be a rogue group. Unless rogue means being more interested in the welfare of the guild than in the plots and intrigues of the royals. If their interests are just then we will be there with them. If they are not just, then we would be fighting for the just cause.

This group would not discriminate against any mage for whatever alliance they hold. The only thing that would be asked for is loyalty to the guild and to their guild brothers and sisters.

Lomelinde

Re: A Common Interest 12/13/2004 01:24 PM CST
Lomelinde,

I am ecodom, i also travel from crossing to ratha, I am in the mainland now, seek me out and let us speak. I'm curious of a few things you said, and wonder just what these common interests be.

"I don't know where. I don't know when. But something bad is about to happen.
Re: A Common Interest 12/16/2004 10:55 AM CST
If anyone is interested in speaking to me I am on the mainland for a bit. I will be generally around the area of Crossings in the near future.

Lomelinde

Re: A Common Interest 12/16/2004 12:38 PM CST
This actually sounds very interesting.

Woodcubb of Ilithi