Come on and let me see you shake a tail Aether 08/08/2004 11:30 PM CDT
Aetherious Evening,

Last week's meeting was truly a coup. We had nine attendees, more than doubling the attendance record for this incarnation of the Aether Cabal. And despite all probability, they were clamouring to hear the research plan I had prepared for Aether Lance! I presented my outline, and then Ssrath agreed to focus on Ethereal Fissure while Suruli indicated that she might consider Aether Cloak. Then we all said "Aether!" together, and it was awesome.

In September, the first Sunday once again falls prey to a holiday weekend--in this case, one that finds me in New Jersey for a cousin's bat mitzvah. So the next meeting of the Aether Cabal will be held on Sunday, September 12, at 10pm Eastern, in the Aether Chamber of the Crossing guildhall. The topic of discussion will be, "How does Aether relate to the other elements." All are welcome!

--David (Jolebin Swordstaff, Elemancer of Riverhaven)
Re: Come on and let me see you shake a tail Aether 08/08/2004 11:44 PM CDT
>>The topic of discussion will be, "How does Aether relate to the other elements."

Wasn't that pretty much covered by Valdrik at SimuCon's Weapons Enchanting seminar? Aether is the glue in the elements, while it is also the opposition element to Electricity.

Simple enchantments will use a single element, more complex will use two non-opposing elements, while the two most complex will use opposition elements held together with Aether. And it won't be possible to make Aether-Electricity enchantments. :(

~Kyn (Kynevon)

Kynevon's DR Links Page: http://kynevon.info/index.html
Mac OS X FE: http://kynevon.info/WaveFront.zip
Re: Come on and let me see you shake a tail Aether 08/16/2004 01:50 AM CDT
The main idea is to talk about your character's IC theories about aether - so whatever Valdrik said at the con is all well and good, but the character perspectives are the interesting things to roleplay.

I've always enjoyed that aspect of the Aether Cabal. And sorry about my absence again - I've been too busy to be in the game at all, much less attend the meetings. It will likely change soon.

---Brett
Re: Come on and let me see you shake a tail Aether 09/12/2004 12:34 AM CDT
>The main idea is to talk about your character's IC theories about aether

Yes, exactly :)

Don't forget, the meeting is tonight (Sunday) at 10pm Eastern in the Aether Chamber of the Crossing Guild. All are welcome!

Re: Come on and let me see you shake a tail Aether 09/13/2004 08:57 AM CDT
Will he ever run out of witty post titles!!

~Laurieana

I will Cast the First Stone..or Leave the First Mark..but I will leave a Lasting Impression
Re: Come on and let me see you shake a tail Aether 09/17/2004 10:24 AM CDT
Future Post title's
= = = = = = = = = = =

"Aether case, it's moot"

"Light as an Aether"

"Aether or not, here it comes"

(slinks back to his cubicle and pretends to work)

Woodcubb of Ilithi
Re: Come on and let me see you shake a tail Aether 09/25/2004 06:56 PM CDT
>Future Post title's
>= = = = = = = = = = =

>"Light as an Aether"

>Woodcubb of Ilithi

Oh, silly bear. I did use "Light as an Aether, Stiff as a Board," just in July.

But to answer Laurieana: No, I will never run out of witty post titles! Next one coming in mere minutes.