Aether Cabal 04/19/2002 10:22 AM CDT
Just to let people know who don't keep up on the Aether Cabal web page forum:

We are briefly on hold until the magic system changes. Our main goal was and is to research how Aether magic works, and obviously, doing that right now would be pointless :)

Once things change, we will be back in full swing. All Aether-ites be ready for meeting announcements at that time.

---Brett
Aether Cabal messaging 05/14/2002 10:58 AM CDT
Announcement:

The web page for the Aether Cabal now has properly fomatted message boards. The link to it on the front page hasn't been done yet, but it can be accessed by choosing any of the options on the front page, then using the resulting pull down menu to find the Forum.

http://www.wilderun.net/aether

---Brett
Re: Aether Cabal messaging 05/24/2002 04:26 AM CDT
new message board.....it's purdy...

Now where's everyone else eh? I know you're out there somewhere ready to get back to work as soon as we get our Aether back...

Me? Where else would I be when I heard we'll be meetin again soon? ::continues dragging a basket up the stairs on Aesry::

-Shurin
Re: Aether Cabal messaging 05/24/2002 11:15 AM CDT
I think it's time to schedule our first Aether Cabal meeting with the new magic system.

Everyone interested, come to the website and post when they'd like the meeting to take place in the forum (so we don't clutter up these boards.)

http://www.wilderun.net/aether

Just pick any of the options, then use the resulting pull down menu to access the Forum. Our web artist has hardware difficulties and hasn't been able to set in the Forum option on the main menu yet.

---Brett
Aether Cabal Meeting Recap 07/16/2002 08:06 AM CDT
Aether-licious Greetings,
The Aether Cabal had a small meeting Sunday night, and it occurred to me today that I was the most senior Cabal member there, so maybe I should post a little something. So, here goes.
Firstly, big thanks and hugs to Angelanthasia and Sharkari for attending! Thanks also, and a manly show of non-specific affection, to Shurin for sending up his picnic basket. We hope to have you in person next time!
So, we just talked briefly about how our spells, particularly those of the Aether book, have changed since the visit of the Heralds. We tentatively agreed to hold off on additional spell research until such time as the magic preview ends. Angelanthasia agreed to help me research Aether Lance in addition to her own studies on Aether Lash.
We expressed our desire to meet again after the magic preview ends, so that will probably be sometime before Christmas 2003, or St. Patrick's Day 2004 at the latest...
--David (Jolebin Swordstaff, Elemancer of Riverhaven)
Re: Aether Cabal Meeting Recap 07/16/2002 11:15 PM CDT
Yep, I got held over at work until midnight. It was a very busy night, so I missed the meeting.

I will do my best to be there at the next one.

---Brett (Rayth's player)
Re: Aether Cabal Meeting Recap 07/17/2002 11:59 AM CDT
>>Yep, I got held over at work until midnight.

On a Sunday?! What kind of slavedrivers do you work for?!
Re: Aether Cabal Meeting Recap 07/23/2002 11:16 PM CDT
>>On a Sunday?! What kind of slavedrivers do you work for?!

The kind whose bars don't close until 2:00 in the morning. :) Hey guys, missed the meeting, hoepfully I'll have a chance to catch one. Gonna try and get to meetings from a couple of different cabals, since my "spells I'm gonna get when the preview ends" list is constantly changin.

~Katrenos, possibly a Lightning Cabal representative.
Re: Aether Cabal Meeting Recap 08/01/2002 09:35 PM CDT
I hope to make it to the next meeting when ever that is I talked to Marietta a few days ago and your Research sparked my intrest. I just hope there is a meeting sometime befor St. Patrick's day 2004. looking forward to meeting everyone and hope to see you there Marietta,

Volgraza

Mage of the golden warrior death duck of doom
"fear not only candy falls to my death touch....quack"
Re: Aether Cabal Meeting Recap 08/02/2002 12:21 AM CDT
Well,
My personal thought was to hold off on another meeting, until the spell preview ends. It's hard to believe how long it's already lasted, of course <G>. Oh, also, I'll be in England for two weeks during August. If anyone asks about me (Yeah, right.), spread the word!
Re: Aether Cabal Meeting Recap 08/02/2002 03:13 AM CDT
Yep, it's hard to conduct research when the spells aren't 'settled' yet. I am very interested in picking up the RP and running with it again, but we have to wait for the time being.

Don't be discouraged though, we WILL be operational as soon as the system supports us.

---Brett
Aether Cabal 10/08/2002 10:00 AM CDT
Well, I had a busy summer, and pretty much also assumed the Aether Cabal would get started again when the magic spells settled out a bit, since our main purpose is to research how the aether spells work.

Obviously, this process is going to be MUCH longer than we originally thought. I don't like the idea of putting the cabal on hold for another year or two, as it would likely disrupt all of the RP to the point where starting again would be impossible. As it is, we probably lost some folks.

I think we will need to start it up again now, and just research what we have currently. Instead of using this info for our eventual book, we can use it for OOC info to pass along to the GMs who are checking over the spells in circulation. (Of course, to our characters, it's still book research. We just know as players that things are likely to change again before that.)

People interested in the Aether Cabal, check out the website: http://www.wilderun.net/aether . I will be posting updates there for the most part.

---Brett (Player of Rayth, the Aether Cabal Liaison)
The Aether Cabal Ascendant 07/24/2003 11:05 PM CDT
A sleek black crow lands before you and proffers a tightly wound length of parchment. You delicately untie the missive from the bird's twiglike leg, while the avian messenger maintains his position, staring quizzically at you. You break the ebon wax of the scroll's seal and begin to read the close-set lettering you find there, its charcoal medium only slightly smudged for wear...

Greetings, fellow Warrior Magi.

More than a lustrum's time has passed since last the Aether Cabal assembled its members. In times past, we delighted in coming together and considering the strengths and weaknesses of those spells based in the manipulation of that proto-elemental energy we call Aether. But myriad calls--including those of adventure, duty, and destiny--have caused our paths to diverge since then. These years of separation have been a time of personal growth and societal change. Surely, we have much to discuss; events of the Past, Present, and Future to contemplate. Ours is a path of wisdom, and we gather together that we may share, discourse, learn, and grow. And in comraderie we hope that we may find the strength to resist any dark tiding that may come to the Five Provinces.

And now such rumours have come to our realms. Borne upon the winds, and now whispered in our own guildhalls, comes word that the arcane power of Blackfire has been rediscovered. Should this prove true, its consequences would be far-reaching indeed--perhaps more widespread and pervasive than any event since the very victory of Lanival the Redeemer himself. Our number must converge, that we may present a united front on this issue.

If you are inclined to seek us out, please tell my faithful familiar, Wormtongue, when you would be at libery to join us at the Crossing Warrior Mage Guildhall, in the next three months. He will convey that information to me, and I will attempt to plan our conclave so that the maximum number of interested parties can attend.

Safe Paths,
Jolebin Swordstaff, Elemancer of Riverhaven

OOC:

Well, Brett/Rayth (our erstwhile Liaison) and I have been very busy RL in the last year or so, and Marietta (our former Archivist) has left the Realms. But I have just graduated from college, and with the appearance of the Incinerate spell in the game (the Aether Cabal has discussed Blackfire at length), it seemed like an opportune time to start things up again and hopefully reform ourselves. I hope some of the old crowd is still around and interested, and we'll be more than happy to welcome any new faces as well. And there's no pressure! If you think you might be interested, but you're not sure, then why not come on down and check it out? We're non-exclusive, so don't think you'll be unwelcome because of any other allegiences or associations you might have, including other elemental cabals.

Because overall game stability will likely be much greater after the coming of DR2, our focus for now will probably be largely roleplay, and qualitative discussions of our spells. Later, we may resurrect the old goal of creating an in-game book, or at least a comprehensive online resource of solid, quantitative and qualitative information about Aether spells. For now, please post here or e-mail my play.net address to let me know what days and times you'd be available for about an hour in the next few weeks (The "3 months" reference was Elanthian time, 30 RL days), and I'll try to set a firm meeting time by next week. We meet in the Aether Chamber of the Crossing Warrior Mage Guildhall. In the past, the Aether Cabal has been a really positive experience for everyone involved, and I know that it can continue to be. Hoping to hear from you soon.

--David
Aether Cabal: You know you want to... 11/11/2003 08:16 PM CST
Hey All,

The Aether Cabal is having a meeting at 10pm EST (Wait, is it EDT now?) this coming Sunday, 11/16/03, in the Aether chamber of the Crossing guildhall. We will be discussing blackfire as well as Cabal direction. All Warrior Mages are welcome!

Re: Aether Cabal: You know you want to... 11/16/2003 10:30 PM CST
Oh Dear,
Sorry to all of you who may have shown up tonight for the Cabal meeting. I had some unexpected complications in my return home after a weekend out of town, and I wasn't able to make it. Let's try that again, this coming Sunday, November 23, at the same time and place (10pm Eastern, Crossing guildhall Aether chamber). Once we have that meeting, we can decide on a regular interval (probably every fortnight or two). Sorry again for my absence, and hopefully I'll see you next week!

Re: Aether Cabal 07/05/2006 02:55 PM CDT
I didn't know there was an Aether Cabal. SWEET! can I get more information?

~Player of Dashric D'Borg, Aethercaster of the House of Grey Storm
Re: Aether Cabal 07/06/2006 05:39 PM CDT
I haven't heard anything out of these guys in awhile.. not sure if they still meet.

The Arcanum is an up and coming Warrior Mage group, something you may want to look into. Hunt down Fayeza or Nazaruss for info.

"My hands caress to take your shame; The taint will fade as will your pain."
~Helena

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

~ A.E.
Re: Aether Cabal 07/07/2006 04:23 PM CDT
<<The Arcanum is an up and coming Warrior Mage group, something you may want to look into. Hunt down Fayeza or Nazaruss for info.

They are pretty awesome. Imagine the Cabal ideas rolled into one - and not at all lame.

~The Fire Lion Magmus Bloodston, Blackfire Enthusiast
Re: Aether Cabal 07/07/2006 04:58 PM CDT
They also need to send me a brochure or something.

Or at least a snazzy membership card.

Mazrian
Re: Aether Cabal 07/07/2006 11:33 PM CDT
Mazrian, if you're willing to give it a go again, come find me in Crossing (for now)

~Nazaruss

"My hands caress to take your shame; The taint will fade as will your pain."
~Helena

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

~ A.E.
Re: Aether Cabal 07/11/2006 08:29 PM CDT
Well, we kind of went into a pause mode a couple of years ago, because we wanted to do spell research, but the spells are under review. Basically, we were getting together every month or so to talk about how we feel about Aether, and later on we want to compile research about how effective Aether spells are and how best to use them.

Re: Aether Cabal 07/12/2006 05:00 PM CDT
<<--David (Jolebin Swordstaff, Elemancer of Riverhaven)>>

He lives! Nice to see you posting again.

-Chakram

"NVNC ID VIDES, NVNC NE VIDES"

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before" - Mae West
Re: Aether Cabal 07/16/2006 04:54 PM CDT
"He lives! Nice to see you posting again.

-Chakram"

how come your never thathappy to see me posting... no wait don't answer that

As soon as your know the answer, you lose your reason to question. ~ Kane Vanderhoof
Re: Aether Cabal 07/21/2006 02:19 AM CDT
<<how come your never thathappy to see me posting... no wait don't answer that>>

I am, but I see you more often. Besides, David is nice and gives me hugs at Cons. =p

-Chakram

"NVNC ID VIDES, NVNC NE VIDES"

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before" - Mae West
Re: Aether Cabal 07/24/2006 11:31 PM CDT
See, I knew he secretly enjoys it.