Infusion spells 09/13/2016 09:29 AM CDT
Not sure if it a bug per say but not sure where it should be posted.

Ask Gauthus about Reinforced Infusions

Gauthus says, "This spell was developed in conjunction with the ability to summon weapons by the Grovekeepers' researchers. By tapping into the inherent strength of the Elemental Plane of Earth, a Warrior Mage summons higher quality weapons. These weapons are both more damaging, and more sturdy."

This spell costs 2 spell slots.

Elanthipedia:
tier 4 Knowing Reinforced Infusions and the appropriate weaponsmithing technique to the weapon you are summoning or shaping
tier 5 Knowing Reinforced Infusions and holding a very rare metal ingot when summoning or shaping your weapon
tier 6 Knowing Reinforced Infusions and the appropriate weaponsmithing technique to the weapon you are summoning or shaping while also holding a very rare metal ingot when summoning or shaping your weapon.

Why doesn't Gauthus inform that other areas of knowledge and an item is needed to use this spell.

Ask Gauthus about Reinforced Infusions

Gauthus says, "This spell was developed in conjunction with the ability to summon weapons by the Grovekeepers' researchers. By tapping into the inherent strength of the Elemental Plane of Earth, a Warrior Mage summons higher quality weapons. These weapons are both more damaging, and more sturdy."

* Take heed Warmage, You will also need an understanding of the appropriate weaponsmithing technique and/or a very rare ingot to summon these powerful weapons*

This spell costs 2 spell slots.
Re: Infusion spells 09/13/2016 11:55 AM CDT
I'll change the ASK messaging about the spell to indicate knowledge of weaponsmithing is needed when I get home this evening.

To your suggestion, however: Players will not be able to make Tier 6 weapons with this ability.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Infusion spells 09/13/2016 12:02 PM CDT
Technically, knowledge of the feat does raise the weapon from tier 2 to tier 3 base without requiring any techniques or metals. That said, this is not unique to this metaspell so it would be nice to make mention of the additional components.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Infusion spells 09/13/2016 12:04 PM CDT
Since guidleaders' scpheel is the Discern flavor text (except Kssarh who is amazing), this is definitely needs some additional description. If it's the only metaspell you know, it would raise your weapons to tier 3 -- but every metaspell does that.

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.

They're proud of them."
-Raesh
Re: Infusion spells 09/13/2016 02:13 PM CDT

Ok my bad I was not asking for tier 6 I just mis-read the elanthiapedia posting. Didnt notice that tier 4 was either or with technique/ ingot and tier 5 was both.
Re: Infusion spells 09/13/2016 02:25 PM CDT
I know expansive infusions at the moment, I like the fact I don't need to carry the 6 melee weapons I train.
So seeing how I am a explorer, I know I'll never find it mining and I doubt I could ever buy an ingot with the money cap. Seeing how I don't get any real tech points in weaponsmithing except what ya get through leveling up the skill, I probably wont worry about getting spell anytime soon. As young as I am I have much better things I could be doing beside standing at a forge all day.
Re: Infusion spells 09/13/2016 04:25 PM CDT
>As young as I am I have much better things I could be doing beside standing at a forge all day.

I normally recommend it as far and away the fastest way to make money on a young character, but on a free character you'd quickly need to purchase a bank expansion with workorder income!

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.

They're proud of them."
-Raesh
Re: Infusion spells 09/13/2016 09:44 PM CDT
<<I normally recommend it as far and away the fastest way to make money on a young character, but on a free character you'd quickly need to purchase a bank expansion with workorder income!

Or just roll up another F2P account and park them at the bank (or any other spot that is anti-theft like the vault) with avoids on. Log them in whenever you want to 'deposit' or 'withdraw' any coins and then log them out.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators