Shape message was cut off and summoned weapon disappeared 04/25/2016 10:09 AM CDT
I've been making heavy use of summoned (elemental) weapons lately, and ran into an odd situation. TLDR: I had a mallet (small blunt) and attempted to shape it into a bola (light thrown). Only half of the messaging appeared and then my weapon was gone.

Here's what I see normally:
>shape mallet to lt
Your knowledge of weaponsmithing improves the pattern you are attempting to summon.
You reach out with your will and reshape your mallet into a bola.
Roundtime: 1 sec.

Here's the log from what I saw last night:

>attack

< Attacking gracefully, you slam a mallet haft at a rock guardian. A rock guardian fails to dodge, pivoting toward safety but still partially within harm's reach. The haft lands a solid hit (4/23) that gives it a nice shiner with a thump below the right eye.
[You're bruised, winded, adeptly balanced and in very strong position.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

* Ineptly, a rock guardian pounds at you. You slap away some of the fist with a stone mallet.
[You're bruised, winded, adeptly balanced and in good position.]

The air around you solidifies into a brilliant yellow glow and throws off bright waves of light as it resists the attack.

* Moving well, a rock guardian pounds at you. You badly fail to block with a stone mallet. The fist lands a brushing (0/23) hit to your right leg.
[You're bruised, winded, adeptly balanced and in good position.]

>shape mallet to Light Thrown
Your knowledge of weaponsmithing improves the pattern you are attempting to summon.

* With pathetic timing, a rock guardian slices wide at you. You slap away some of the fist with a polished steel parry stick.
[You're bruised, adeptly balanced and in very strong position.]

A rock guardian moans in despair as it accidentally kicks a nearby stone sending it rolling away.

* Awkwardly, a rock guardian pounds at you. You deflect some of the fist with a polished steel parry stick.
[You're adeptly balanced and in very strong position.]

* As if effort and skill were a bad thing, a rock guardian pounds at you. You partially block with a crimson-scale targe with fitted seams.
[You're nimbly balanced and in strong position.]

* Awkwardly, a rock guardian slices wide at you. You partially block with a crimson-scale targe with fitted seams.
[You're nimbly balanced and in very strong position.]

You feel fully rested.

* Awkwardly, a rock guardian pounds at you. You beat off some of the fist with a polished steel parry stick.
[You're nimbly balanced with no advantage.]

>pre moa 20

You trace a careful sigil in the air, shaping the pattern of the Mark of Arhat spell.

>lob

What are you trying to lob?
Re: Shape message was cut off and summoned weapon disappeared 04/25/2016 12:14 PM CDT
I don't know that it matters, but your snip was LT, and your log was light thrown.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Shape message was cut off and summoned weapon disappeared 04/25/2016 03:31 PM CDT

That's a good observation, but I have used both "LT" and "Light Thrown" before with no problems.
Re: Shape message was cut off and summoned weapon disappeared 04/25/2016 06:55 PM CDT
That's weird. I messed around, and I can't reproduce it. Was it an element, or was it stone when this happened? If you can reproduce this reliably, please let me know how.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Shape message was cut off and summoned weapon disappeared 04/25/2016 07:29 PM CDT
According to the attack just previous to his attempt to shape it was in stone form.

My script uses his exact syntax in his log to switch to light thrown, including the capitalization, and I have never seen this issue either. I haven't been on my warrior mage in a while, however, so it may be a new thing or something that only crops up very rarely.

My one guess is was the original mallet augmented using very rare metal? Perhaps something went wonky in the shift from a T5 version to a T4 version?
Re: Shape message was cut off and summoned weapon disappeared 04/25/2016 07:52 PM CDT

It was a stone weapon (I have the electric infusion but wasn't using it at the time).

I do have an animite ingot, but I wasn't using it at the time.

I've been unable to reproduce it, but I'll keep my eyes open.